ATLANTA PRODUCT SWAP PARTY<--------

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyreeroberts1

ATL PRODUCT SWAP PARTY! ALL RELAXED, TEXLAXED AND NATURALS WELCOMED:)

Let's clean out those cabinets and clear off those shelves. What used to work or never worked for you may be just the right thing for someone else. One woman's unwanted items are anothers treasure!!!

Here’s how to SWAP: All guests bring gently used products or hair accessories for exchange (Nothing with missing tops, pumps, lids or covers and must be in original packaging). You can also bring hair accessories and books. Guests should also come with an extra bag for taking home your "new" products.

We want to keep the swap looking organized, so there will be designated areas of the room and all items will be separated by CATEGORIES using color-coded stickers. Deep conditioners, shampoos, oils, leave-in moisturizers, gels, etc....

I will be handing out 1 poker chip for every item you donate. If you bring 10 items, you get 10 poker chips which you can swap for 10 new items. Everyone goes home with the same number of items that they donated.

We will all take turns shopping. We will draw numbers to pick who shops first. There will be a limit of 1 item selected per poker chip for each round. (We want every body to get a chance to get the things they want and need:) This keeps it fair and moving fast.

There will be plenty of room to display all items.

You will be asked to write one to two sentence summaries on sticky notes and attach them to your products to tell why you like(d) it or dislike(d) it. (This is optional)
* Each guest is limited to 10 items, with a minimum of 5 items to participate.

The swapping strategy will be explained again in the E-vite once you are signed up and at the beginning of the party.

There will be Live Hair Demos including:

*The Proper way to Roller Set

*Hair Steamer (15 min. intervals for all guests who want to try it) You will love yourself and your hair afterwards....lol....bring your own DC:grin:

*Protective Styles on Relaxed and Natural Hair

(OPEN FLOOR TOPICS)
--Stretching Relaxers
--Surviving the Big Chop
--Hair Styles for Transitioners
--Protein vs. Moisture (How to tell what your hair needs)
--How to get from SL to BSL to MBL to WL
--Defining your natural curls
--Dusting your ends

Date: Saturday, August 27, 2011
Time: 6pm-9pm
Place: 3871 Redwine Road Atlanta, Ga. 30344
Cost: $10 (food and drinks provided)

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I will be keeping my eye on this thread. If I can get away for the night I may make it down there. :lol:

Duff

woo, I want to come but I think I will be out of town on business.
I'm going to have to check for sure.

LilMissRed

oh no!!! I JUST gave away the stuff I didn't like or use to my dd and a couple of her lil friends!!! :( This sounds like an awesome event... guess I need to hold onto any other products that I don't like/use in the future so can participate the next time

Status
Not open for further replies.