At what month post-relaxer could you make a ponytail?

How many months post were you able to make a ponytail?

• 11-12 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-14 months

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 15-16 months

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 17-18 months

• 19-20 months

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 21-22 months

• 22-23 months

• 24 months

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaFemmeNaturelle

NATURALS: How many months post relaxer were you when you were able to make a ponytail

Sorry if there's a post like this already but I still feel like the search feature SUCKS (compared to how it used to be). So if you know the link of a similar post, feel free to share.

But anyways, just wondering when you were able to make a ponytail (not a puff). High, low, mid-way, doesn't matter! Just enough hair so that you were able to wear a pigtail/phony pony/phony bun but didn't have to pull your hair tight enough to make your eyes slant.

And what's your growth rate? That's very important:yep:

ETA: Question is for people who BC'd but I want to know post-relaxer not post BC date.

Last edited:

lea86111

i don't think i understand the question...why does one have to be so and so months post relaxer to be able to do a ponytail? Maybe i'm slow :giggle:

LaFemmeNaturelle

People who transitioned or big chopped....so I'm trying to get a sense of how much natural hair one may need to make a ponytail. Sorry if my question was confusing.

SouthernDimps

I am a long-term transitioner and I could tell that my new growth could fit in a ponytail around 14 - 16 months post relaxer (hair slicked back with gel) . If I had BC'd by the point, it probably would have looked like a bunny tail. My hair grows on average 0.5" a month

LaFemmeNaturelle

I am a long-term transitioner and I could tell that my new growth could fit in a ponytail around 14 - 16 months post relaxer (hair slicked back with gel) . If I had BC'd by the point, it probably would have looked like a bunny tail. My hair grows on average 0.5" a month

Are you really gonna chop in 8 days?!! Don't forget to post pics!!!!!!

ellebelle88

Hey OP, I think the question would have made more sense and would have elicited more responses if you said something like, How many months after your BC were you able to have enough growth for a ponytail?

Can you edit the title of the post? Because this is a question I would love to know as well. :yep:

LaFemmeNaturelle

NATURALS: How many months post relaxer were you when you were able to make a ponytail

Well I don't want to know how many months after BC because people often forget to include how long they transitioned and never come back and its really annoying because there's no way of knowing how much hair they had already when they BC'd. I guess I should've said "NATURALS:" like everyone else does lol

No I don't think it can be edited where they can see it from the thread page.

Last edited:

ellebelle88

Re: NATURALS: How many months post relaxer were you when you were able to make a pony

Well I don't want to know how many months after BC because people often forget to include how long they transitioned and never come back and its really annoying because there's no way of knowing how much hair they had already when they BC'd. I guess I should've said "NATURALS:" like everyone else does lol

No I don't think it can be edited where they can see it from the thread page.

Oh I see! Makes sense!

Alta Angel

I was able to do a high-med/high bunny tail at around 15 months. My hair grows at .5 inches per month.

calibella218

ITA with this. I am still transitioning (working on month 15) and I have not chopped but around 13/14 months if I would have chopped, I would have had a small, maybe 2" ponytail. HTH

ETA: I believe my growth rate is average (0.5" per month).

CaliiSwagg

I could make a tiny pony like in my siggy around 12 months post. Now, at almost 14 months post my pony is a little bigger and it doesn't look so crazy lol. I am waiting for the front of my hair to be long enough to fit into it. Oh well, until then I will just bobby-pin it back.

SimJam

I wasnt able to make a decent pony puff until about 18 months. My growth rate is a bit less than 0.5 per month.

now I can make a pony puff that i would actually go on the road with.

what I would really like though is a nice phony puff thats 4a/b anyone have a link to where I can get one online?

HautePinkHeels

When I BC'd I was able to make a ponytail comfortably. Not that the ponytail was anything to write home about, but I could do it.

I was 16 months into my transition when I BC'd.

ETA: I get 0.5 inches a month.

I'm transitioning and at the rate I'm going it will probably take me 20 months (w/ gel and a headband. lol.) to make a pony tail with just my natural hair. I'm almost half way there. :drunk: The woos of being a slow grower.