Votes: 81 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Seasons have no effect on my growth rate

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eisani

I think mine is starting already. It's like as soon as the weather broke, I started getting the crawlies! I dusted off my bottle of BT last night and applied it and I kid you not, it seemed like my hair in the front instantly started to get the crawly feeling, and no it wasn't just BT dripping down my fo'head lol. I'm going to try to stick w/it for 2 weeks to see if there's any real difference. Outside of that, I've restocked all of my summer staples and I'm ready to get this show on the road.

locabouthair

Yes I am. :yep: I've only had a summer growth spurt once but I am expectign one because I am drinking more water and eating better.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Yes!!! My hair loves heat & humidity (it's my African showing), so I can't wait for the weather to get warm! I spent a weekend in New Orleans a week or two ago, and I think my hair cried when we left. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Bless your heart!!

Yep I'm definitely expecting one, usually happens in the summer months for me without fail. But as I'm newly natural, I dunno how it's gonna work this year, so we'll see.

ManeVixen

I am last summer i went from ear length to shoulder length with no growth aid:grin::grin: maybe bsl this summer!:grin::grin:

MrsQueeny

Q, when you say 12 week plan, do you mean a 12 week stretch? and if so, what are you going to do to handle the ng doing the stretch. I'm currently 9 weeks post and shooting for 12 weeks for the humpteenth time:rolleyes: but I'm doing it this time :yep: because these warmer months are always generous to me:grin:

Sorry girlie I am all natural so I've been stretching I guess for almost 7 years. :lol: 12 weeks will take me right up to our anniversary. I am working on my mind, body, and spirit. Along with stepping up my working out and spending more time with the Lord, I am focused on getting some serious growth so when I straighten it then, dh will be wowed. He loves it natural but he really loves it when I straighten it because it rarely happens. Q

OneInAMillion

Yes, expecting and claiming this summer spurt. It's happened just about every year (though nothing remarkable last summer). I think it's because it was the first summer that I wasn't in a true humid environment though.

TLC1020

Your God baby in your siggy is such a cutie :yep:

I sure hope I get a summer spurt, I plan on wearing my hair down almost all summer and the most I will be stretching is 8-10 weeks. I plan on enjoying my hair this summer :yep:.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

This winter from Dec.18, 07 to 3-25-08, I experienced 2" of New Growth.:yep:

This summer my next relaxer is 6-20-08

It think my Next Relaxer on 9-16-08 I will have a spurt of New Growth.:lick:

ms.tatiana

YES!!! I really don't understand but my hair grows faster in the summer.

But I always keep braids during the summer too because its to hot for weaves and flat irons so thats probably another reason it grows.

ms.blue

I hope I get one but won't actually until after the summer to flatiron my hair for a length check.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
yes i am. not only because it is summer, but because i will be cowashing more often, so my scalp will be getting healthier and healthier. ♥

WyrdWay

I've been stuck with my ends touching my bra strap since the end of november :( And recently I've been able to stretch my longest ends about halfway through my 3.5 inch bra strap. I think my hair is just happy its not cold out side! I hope it keeps going all year ^_^

Victorian

old head
Yes, and it must be on its way because I've noticed more shed hair very recently. I always go through a weird shedding period in the spring, then in the summer my hair speeds up about an extra .25" a month.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yes! My hair and nails always thrive in the summer. But in the past, that's usually when I want a cute, sassy precision cut because I can't hold curls in the summer and I hate my hair in my face when it's hot. I don't think I'll have that same itch this year.

Ms.Christ3n

Yes! My hair and nails always thrive in the summer. But in the past, that's usually when I want a cute, sassy precision cut because I can't hold curls in the summer and I hate my hair in my face when it's hot. I don't think I'll have that same itch this year.

Let's hope you don't! Your hair is coming along very nicely!:yep:

MizzBrit

i hope! i never really paid attention to my hairgrowth during the seasons..im in florida so i hope thats an advantage!

makeupgirl

I hope so because my hair is earlobe length so I'm hoping for chin length by the end of summer. Then off to shoulder length by the end of the year.

MrsHouston

Yes! With all I have learned from this site (and will be incorporated more), I'm expected big things to happen this summer. LOT'S OF GROWTH!