Summer Growth For the Winter...

RegaLady

For hair growers whose hair grows mostly in the summer than in the winter I was wondering if you have gotten good growth from baggying all winter long. Are there any ladies who have been baggying (their whole head) since the onset of winter and into spring? I have been doing this and have been having my usual summer growth spurt. Maybe it is from the moisture and heat from a baggy scarf and hat, but when I get home my hair and scalp is wet and warm. Anyone else doing this?

southerncitygirl

RegaLady

this is very interesting, i don't baggy but would love to hear others experiences and thoughts. in the the fall and winter months when its cooler & drier i moisturize and seal more in addition to deep conditioning and hardcore protein treatments. the thing that kinda grosses me out about consistent baggying of the entire head and that your scarf would consistently be damp/moist and would that cause scalp issues int he future. i have have only baggyed overnight when i dc'ed.

RegaLady

@RegaLady

this is very interesting, i don't baggy but would love to hear others experiences and thoughts. in the the fall and winter months when its cooler & drier i moisturize and seal more in addition to deep conditioning and hardcore protein treatments. the thing that kinda grosses me out about consistent baggying of the entire head and that your scarf would consistently be damp/moist and would that cause scalp issues int he future. i have have only baggyed overnight when i dc'ed.

southerncitygirl

What scalp issues would it cause? I haven't experienced any but I have been doing this for only two months, non stop:spinning:. I want to continue until spring when the hard cold dry air is gone. I wouldn't baggy all day just anytime I go out and about. When I come home, I remove my "wig":lol:.

geejay

I baggy most nights, but without products, so my hair is only slightly damp in the morning (slight enough that it is completely dry 5-10 minutes later). I've been doing this pretty much since I've big chopped. My purpose is to retain moisture and reduce friction on my ends. I believe the baggying is an important part of my regimen. I don't know if it's spurred growth. But I do credit it with maintaining more moisture in my hair than if I skipped it.

southerncitygirl

@RegaLady
your scalp is never continually supposed to be moist so i was thinking over time fungus or irritation could occur. its also being suffocated in a way cause its trapped in a bag and not being exposed to air. the skin on the body should naturally be slightly acidic (not sure if the scalp differs from the other skin on the body) whereas our internal body should be 80% alkaline and 20% acidic. i say all this because i wonder if it throws the natural balance off.

i know some folks that don't baggy their whole head just a ponytail and that's a little different. if its just on occasion you have nothing to fret about.

charmtreese

I Baggie my puffs nightly.

I also baggie my puff during the day under my phony puff.

I do remove the baggie when I'm at home.

My hair is thriving, however I have not noticed increased growth.

Mahogony7

I've been baggying 5 days a week for almost a year. Ever since I did my big chop. I baggy while I sleep and in the morning I take off the bag and put on my wig. Thus far my hair seems to be doing fine. I think if you baggy consistently it's important to clarify more. I clarify whenever I feel buildup on my scalp.

g.lo

Las t year I experienced with baggy, and it destroyed my hair. I have extremely high porous hair, maybe I should have baggied without wetting my hair and stop my hair from swelling and bursting, which caused mid shaft splits. I also read that applying coconut oil would have prevent that! Same thing with overnight DC, I learned the hard way!