ARE WE GETTING OFF TRACK? relaxed vs naturals etc.

ARE WE GETTING OFF TRACK?

• yes, we used to all share and take advice from one another whether relaxed or natural.

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • no, it's better for relaxed members and naturals to help their own.

Votes: 41 19.6%
  • Maybe, but it's just a phase we'll get back together again.

Votes: 53 25.4%
  • WE FELL OFF THE TRACK !!

Votes: 42 20.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These recent posts are interesting to me. Looking at the apparently "anti-relaxed heads" threads over the past few months or so, it is understandable to think that there is a divide.

However, I can think off the top of my head a bunch of seemingly anti-natural threads on this board too. Furthermore, once you look into past threads, it becomes even clearer that there simply isn't just some one-sided anti-relaxed hair bashing here. So I suppose I find it interested that this fact is glossed over in favour of thinking all naturals have something against relaxed heads. I've seen threads that more or less go like this:

"is natural hair a curse by God?"
"was our hair meant to be this difficult?"
"natural hair makes me look age 4"
"your SO finds your natural hair ugly and wants you do relax - you need to do it!"
"oh s**t son, naturals - who are only doing this because it's a "fad" - are quickly surpassing the length of my relaxed hair. How very dare they!"
"type 4 ain't cute"

Yet, despite the older threads and the more recent threads (such as "why I'll really never go natural" and "Sorry naturals, not BC'ing any time soon. Get over it because I know you all care, right?"), I've never looked at those threads as representing the whole relaxed population of this board. As thus, although I know there have been controversial opinions on each side, I've perceived a hostile divide on this board. Maybe it's because when I compare the amount of those "anti-XYZ" threads we have to the amount of naturals who go into a relaxed woman's hair update and give praise and vice versa, the review threads where everyone joins in, the threads where we all discuss issues in a mature manner, the threads were a natural once to BC and she's not pressured into staying that way etc, it seem the anti-XYZ threads are pretty thin on the ground.

I tend not to blow up the "negative" and ignore that fact the positive vastly outweighs all the other ish. It seems a thread is labelled controversial these days even if 3-4 people out of 50 say something (even in a respectful way) that goes against the grain. I know there are some unsavoury opinions on this board but I've always seen them as belonging to the minority as opposed to the majority.

Thank you.:yep:

This thread reminds me of when white folks start whining about minorities taking over.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back