Ardell Hennalucent Semi-permenant Hair Color & Conditioner

marygrove013

****Does anyone use this**** What are/were your results?

Sally Item #: 240001

100% organic hair color. Available in Sunset Glo (item# 240001), Bark Brown (item# 240003), Earth Brown (item# 240007), Neutral (item# 240017).

Size: 2.12 oz (60 g)

Add translucent color or neutral shine to your natural hair color.

Click here to see swatches of available shades.

Rich in proteins and organic conditioners
Enhances shine and condition of hair
Helps manage tangles and smooth split ends
Available in neutral or 5 translucent shades that intensify and enhance your natural hair color
No harsh re-growth
Color fades naturally in 6 to 8 weeks

Usage Tips
Safe for chemically treated hair--contains no metallic salts

sareca

I lifted this from the hennaforhair.com forum (http://www.hennaforhair.com/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=754). You have to copy the link into your browser window, for some reason it keeps omitting the bracketed part.

I used Hennalucent "earth brown". Luckily I tested on a strand of my hair by my ear - in case I didn't like it and could tuck it back. GOOD THING!! It was the infamous frog butt green you hear about!! I had chemically colored my hair just about 3 weeks before. I went on the internet and typed in the name of the product. WOW - there were so many reviews about how a lot of people had green hair from it - even ones who never dyed their hair with anything before. Try looking for reviews (not on their website) on that product to see if there's any solutions.

I've never tried it myself, tho. The link also has reviews of Light Mountain doing the same thing.

myco

I've used it quite a few times. When I want darker hair, I use this because it doesn't bleed like traditional color rinses. I've never experienced the green hair affect. The color fade is also much more gradual. However, all of the colors turn my hair jet black. Earth brown, Bark Brown = Black hair. I've even mixed it with a box of neutral and I still end up with black hair.

sareca

I suspect any green color deposited would only be visible on light colored (blonde) hair.

Dandelion

Hello,

I used this for years and loved every minute of it! I used the Sunset Glo to add subtle highlights to my very dark brown (looks black) hair and used the Neutral for shine and conditioning. Don't really remember why I stopped (laziness probably).

I occasionally (when I look at the dozen or so boxes in the cupboard) think of using it again. I've been thinking of doing some research to make sure using it won't preclude chemical services as I have started relaxing my hair again (after learning from boards like LHCF and discovering Phytorelaxer). I also now have a few grey hairs and while I am using Soft Sheen Carson's Reviving Colours (Semi permanent rinse, no peroxide/ ammonia, can be used same day as a relaxer) it doesn't really cover the grey very well (it really just tints them). As I get more grey in the future, I will need a better solution, and even the demi permanent haircolours say they can't be used on hair that has been henna'd.

Good luck,
Dandelion

joyous

I just used this a couple a days ago. I used Sunset Glow witk Bark Brown added and I loved it. My hair was soft and well conditioned. I've used the Ardell for years and never had a problem.