Color recommendation?

Kaela

Although I still have a few 'ends' that are light, for the most part I have overcome past coloring adventures. But I'm getting that itch again, so instead of making a drastic move, I'd thought I'd ask for some advice!!

Recently I did a hennalucent treatment in sunset glo, but it really didn't change my hue too much , which is fine.

If I could have any color that I wanted, I want a RICH reddish DARK brown...like the color of a brownie or Devil's Food cake. My natural color is a dark ash brown that fades sort of brassy in too much sun.
In the past I've tried Colourshines in Mahoghany, but that still has a lighter hue than you'd expect.
Is there any semipermanent or gloss color that could give me that shade??? Or even permanent?

Thanx for any recommendations...

I think you could get the shade you're going for with a demi-permanent. It has FAR LESS peroxide (like, a negligible amount, if you know anything about color it's a 10 volume peroxide, if not it doesn't matter - just know it's gentle) and no ammonia - but it will subtly lighten the hair.

Natural Instincts in Cinnaberry springs to mind. Anything with Auburn in the name would be worth a shot. Natural Instincts is my favorite brand for this kind of coloring. Treat your hair like colored hair still and it will be as if you did nothing - except you'll have that color you want.
wink.gif
You could even go over it with complimentary colorshines shade to refresh it instead of doing it repeatedly.

Sorry (dang I can't READ today) scratch that - I missed the capitalized DARK in your post.
nuts.gif

In tha case a rinse is fine. Adore, in Medium Brown, Colorshines in Liquid Amber.

Thanx Tracy!! I really want to do something...this bun thing is giving me the blues, and I just want a nice hue. The biggest thing I want to avoid is the bluish red factor, but I could probably go over the Natural Instincts with a neutral colourshine ....
scratchchin.gif

*sigh* why can't I just leave it alone?!?!

Back