Apple Cider Vinegar & Baking Soda users get in here!

IndianAngel22

I bought it.... Now what? I like shampoo so I don't know why I bought it.... I don't really know why I bought it at all lol. I just look through Fotkis and it seems like EVERYONE has baking soda and apple cider vinegar in their arsenal. I'm trying to jump on! Are there multiple uses for both? How should a newbie start?

This is what I got: The big sizes! I was on a no buy but technically they're both food products, and I got them with my bridge card. HAHAHAH!!!!!!! Weaseled my way around that one.

Last edited:

Liege4421

I use an ACV rinse at the end of my shampoo (i meant at the end of my poo and conditioner/DC, sorry)...it's a really good clarifier...just make sure you dilute! Pure ACV can weaken your hair strand. I put it in a water bottle and spray it on my hair and on my scalp...for me, it also helps with itchy scalp. Never used Baking Soda, but I've seen good things about that on here, too...HTH...Good Luck!

Last edited:

*Muffin*

I'd say, if you are going to use both of them, use the baking soda rinse first and follow up with an acv rinse. Don't use them both at the same time, though. Baking soda is a base and acv is an acid, and bases and acids don't mix. Baking soda is a good clarifier as well as water softener, but it lifts the hair cuticle so it's better to use it first, maybe as an initial clarifier before you condition your hair. The acv also acts as a water softener and imparts minerals and shine to your hair, and it seals the cuticle so it's better used after you condition.

P.S. Don't use much of either of them when you rinse. They are both very powerful. The chagrin valley soap web site has a recipe for acv rinses and they recommend using a tablespoon of acv per cup of water, and I believe the same goes for baking soda.

cookie1

After I poo I dilute baking soda in a bottle w/ water (2oz.) pour on my hair, leave in 5-10min., rinse out and DC...My hair felt so different, soft, full etc. I never used ACV.

Chevelure618

I've tried the baking soda and my hair felt so soft afterward. Then i read that the ph of baking soda is 8 and acv is 7, so i think I'll try the acv as a cuticle sealer and see what happens.

favorc

I use avc to rinse my hair. i don't use shampoo anymore because it knots up my hair reeeal bad. i just dc and rinse with avc, essiantial oil my scalp up and call it a day. make sure u dilute it with water.
I never used baking soda.

AKA-Tude

I use BS instead of shampoo-

my hair loves it.

Makes my hair shiney & soft.

I mix 2 teaspoons w/H2O in a bottle-
saturate hair-wait-rinse.

I use acv as a rinse right after rinsing all the relaxer from my hair.
Makes neutralize poo-ing easier/faster.