APLs and beyond: How do you self-relax?

envybeauty

My hair is just about APL. I find it so hard to self-relax as my hair gets longer. How do you do it? I can't imagine relaxing my own hair at BSL or beyond with the struggle I have now.

Do you divide it into sections and relax one section at a time and then rinse (like LondonDiva, et al.)?

Puddles

On Cloud 9
nvybeauty said:
Do you divide it into sections and relax one section at a time and then rinse (like LondonDiva, et al.)?

[SIZE=+1]That's exactly howI do it. I section my hair into 4 and go from there. [/SIZE]

navsegda

I'm currently around mid-back length and what I do is divide my hair (I just relax the new growth, not the length) into 4 sections and then divide those sections into smaller pieces and relax each piece accordingly. I start with the back. It takes me about 20 minutes to get my whole head. I need to improve my speed.

Mars_Reiko

I'm having the same issue with relaxing as my hair gets longer. I'm debating about going to the salon to get it done. I don't want to do it, but I had a bit of underprocessed parts when I last relaxed at 10 weeks. I'll probably be at 16-18 weeks post when I relax again, so I know it'll be tough to do it myself.

shunta

I was gonna self-relax today, but I chickened out at the last minute. I used to do it back in the day when my hair was much shorter (ear length).
Its just too much trouble to try and divide it and then relax in sections. Im too afraid of underprocessing. And I definitely dont want a setback, so I think Im just gonna leave it up to the professionals. Oh well:perplexed