APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Are you guys measuring your hair growth from how it looks in the back or the front? I think for this challenge I'm less concerned with how long it actually is vs how long it looks in profile view. Does that make sense?

Like for me, in profile, past collarbone looks like APL.

I'm measuring every where. I measure the front, back, sides, and nape

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

mshoneyfly

Are you guys measuring your hair growth from how it looks in the back or the front? I think for this challenge I'm less concerned with how long it actually is vs how long it looks in profile view. Does that make sense? Like for me, in profile, past collarbone looks like APL.

Im focused on how it looks from the back bc thats where the longest layers are. I have high cheekbones and it naturally grows around the shape of my face so it looks shorter in front. And I have that natural v-shaped hemline. The last time I went to a stylist, she cut it even and the V has grown back

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Stormy

Re: APL 2014 Challenge

I'm measuring from the back because my hair grows in layers, with the longest being in the back. If I were to measure from the front and sides, shooot I'd never make it!

faithVA

I measure the hair 1" to 2" below the crown. So that would be the majority of the back.

bdg0005

I measure all but focus mainly on the back. My hair growers in layers so it's just easier to focus on the back but I'll take a look at the front and side measurements every so often.

back2relaxed

I will be measuring the back, my hair naturally grows in a layers as well. I've been trying to cut the back so that the sides can stay the longest layer, but now that I've made shoulder, I don't care anymore!

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker

1. Current hair length: My goal is to be full APL. My nape is already there but my sides and front are NL. I keep having setbacks with this area so achieving longer lengths just look weird if the front/sides remain short.
  2. Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Natural
  3. Goal Month: August 2014
  4. Current Reggie and styling choices: Two strand twists pinned up and twist outs. Twists remain in from 1-3 weeks and 2-3 day of twistouts
  5. What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? Keeping my hair in twists seem to be working so I am concentrating on increasing water intake, eating better, and better detangling.
  6. Post a beginning picture. Will do soon.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Welp I'm back on track with applying my NJoy and KeraVada oil nightly. I might pull out my steamer this week and do a prepoo with steam. More than likely keep my hair in twists under my wig with silk scarf underneath. I'm going to Walmart tomorrow so I will see what fabric they have. I'm supposed to measure at the end of the month but I'm going to measure tonight probably.

HPG

Sanity

Cosmetologist
Can I join??

Stats:
Relaxed
Length: 2" pass Shoulder length 4a/b fine strands medium textured

I'm using the KISS method in achieving length and taking a hair vitamin daily.

I chopped my Bsl hair into a neck length bob in May so now I am back on my HHG journey! For now my goal is to grow my hair to APL before March 2014.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Attachments

• Collage 2013-10-22 22_45_22.jpg
    Collage 2013-10-22 22_45_22.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 59

Evolving78

Can I join??

Stats:
Relaxed
Length: 2" pass Shoulder length 4a/b fine strands medium textured

I'm using the KISS method in achieving length and taking a hair vitamin daily.

I chopped my Bsl hair into a neck length bob in May so now I am back on my HHG journey! For now my goal is to grow my hair to APL before March 2014.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

That is some awesome growth! I cut my hair in June and my hair is just at SL.

Evolving78

I'm measuring from the back because my hair grows in layers, with the longest being in the back. If I were to measure from the front and sides, shooot I'd never make it!

My hair is like that, but not it will be thrown off from my cut. My front is longer than my back, but I will measuring from the back.

LdyKamz

I think I'm liking cowashing again. I'm only on day 3 but my hair is so soft. And products that I wasn't a fan of before and working on my hair. Let's see how long this lasts.

Now if only the length would come!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I think I'm liking cowashing again. I'm only on day 3 but my hair is so soft. And products that I wasn't a fan of before and working on my hair. Let's see how long this lasts.

Now if only the length would come!

How's that working for you as far as having to apply products? Do you cowash and apply leave in and styler daily or do you cowash apply LI and styler the first day and then just rinse your hair there after until you wash again?

HPG

Sanity

Cosmetologist
That is some awesome growth! I cut my hair in June and my hair is just at SL.

Thank you 'Hair Buddy" I had no idea that you cut your hair! You were so close to BSL!! I am tempted to cut it off again but my inner long hair diva talks me out of it.

LdyKamz

How's that working for you as far as having to apply products? Do you cowash and apply leave in and styler daily or do you cowash apply LI and styler the first day and then just rinse your hair there after until you wash again?

HPG

I'm cowashing, adding leave in and a styler daily. Which may get old fast. But so far so good.

krissyhair

HairPleezeGrow can I puhleeze join the challenge? I got my hair cut to just above shoulder length in August 2012, and now my hair reaches the top of armpit length. I know I will need this full year to reach APL and be well on my way to BSL.

Maybe by next October I can reach my goal.

I will come back with some photos.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow can I puhleeze join the challenge? I got my hair cut to just above shoulder length in August 2012, and now my hair reaches the top of armpit length. I know I will need this full year to reach APL and be well on my way to BSL.

Maybe by next October I can reach my goal.

I will come back with some photos.

Yes ma'am!

HPG

PlainJane

I dusted my hair for the first time today. Hopefully by incorporating dusting into my regimen, I can avoid big trims. I don't see how people manage to only cut 1/4-1/2" off. It was a struggle to be that precise lol. Since I'm giving up heat I don't plan to dust for a while.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Okay so here's my starting pic and also proof my hair probably only grows 1/2in or less per month. I've done two trims since my last hendigo treatment on August 3rd and from the pic of my roots I only have a little over an inch of growth for 2 1/2 months :-( sad yes I know. Anyway this way I can accurately see if inversion is helping me. I cropped the pic for a closer look.

ForumRunner_20131023_223851.jpg

ForumRunner_20131023_223901.jpg

HPG

SingBrina

Okay so here's my starting pic and also proof my hair probably only grows 1/2in or less per month. I've done two trims since my last hendigo treatment on August 3rd and from the pic of my roots I only have a little over an inch of growth for 2 1/2 months :-( sad yes I know. Anyway this way I can accurately see if inversion is helping me. I cropped the pic for a closer look.

HPG

I don't get much from this starting pic :/

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I don't get much from this starting pic :/

I only measured up to where my grays end. Since I have an abundance of gray hair I can keep track of my growth. This starting pic is strictly for inversion lol not a starting pic for this challenge.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
SingBrina

Maybe these pics you can see it much better. It's extremely hard to see on camera since my grays blend in with my hendigo'd hair. I'm hoping you can see this better.

ForumRunner_20131024_063857.jpg

ForumRunner_20131024_063907.jpg

HPG

Last edited:

LovelyRo

I'm installing my bob u-part wig tonight. I will probably just use v05 moisture milk and JBCO to apply before braiding it up. I'm going to leave my nape separate so that I can continue to baby it.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm installing my bob u-part wig tonight. I will probably just use v05 moisture milk and JBCO to apply before braiding it up. I'm going to leave my nape separate so that I can continue to baby it.

Pics when you're done please!

HPG

LovelyRo

Lovely! ...did you color it yourself? HPG Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF
Thank you! Yes, I colored (bleached) it. I just cut it into a bob this past summer and cut off most of the ombré.

ETA... I need a better Reggie for my leave out... I don't like the way it looks... At all!!!

Last edited: