APL 2012 Challenge

lovebug10

I just bought the Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil... I AM IN LOVE :love3:

So I washed last night because my hair was really sweaty from a party, working out, and I've been using lots of hairveda whipped creme ends and vatika frosting. I love those products but when you use too much you get lots of buildup and need a wash.

I washed with what I had on hand which was CON & i used aussie moist to condition. I just put in the conditioner and finger combed as the water rinsed it out. Then I dried with a coton shirt to keep it form dripping all over & then parted my hair into four sections. By then it was damp and not wet. I used HE LTR and the Organix Macadamia Oil to seal and put my hair in six braids all over my head. I tied off the braids with the ouchless silicone scrunchies.

For bed, I pinned the braids down & put the braids into a bun and then tied with a satin scarf.

I woke up and some fo the hair was damp but I moisturized with HE LTR in small sections and sealed with the macadamia oil again. I twisted each section as I finished moisturizing. I made sure to focus the moisture on my new growth and my ends.

I then untwists each section and put into a low bun. my ends were feeling a little rough still so I put some hair veda whipped creme and the vatika frosting and pinned up the bun.

My hair currently feels really really soft and I'm glad I found a low manipulation reggie for my hair for the summer. If this continues to work I may find myself stretching for longer than 6 months!

ManiiSweetheart

NikkiQ said:
I may be wrong, but she sounds a bit jealous to me and she's trying to exclude you from things to make you jealous. I would try to talk to her one more time and if that doesn't work, the just continue on with the rest of your school year. Isn't this your senior year? She should be trying to enjoy the little time you guys have left together in school instead of starting this petty drama.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Nope not senior year just yet. But we're both doing an early college thing next year. I'll try talking to her one more time and see if that does anything

ManiiSweetheart

claud-uk said:
You have to just ignore her and anybody else who wants to play her stupid games. Seriously, I'm so glad that sort of s*** is behind me but my 16 year old has been through it recently. Sounds like your friend is doing a top job of making an arseh*** out of herself - just leave her to get on with it and focus on yourself... and your hair. Got all the friends you need here - school's for learning.

Thanks. I only have one week left for this school year then I'll probably never have to deal with her again

ManiiSweetheart

livinthevida said:
@ManiiSweetheart definitely see if you can get some one on one time with her if you can go to her house rather text/call via phone. Sometimes it is best to air it all out in person there maybe something she wants to say and is avoiding to do so. Maybe her feelings are hurt too and she's not sure how to tell you.

If she's your bestie she should be willing to work it out. No worries go see her and hear what she has to say. Then you will know what to do next.

I hope it works out for you 2 :bighug:

Ive tried that and she still ignores me. I'll just leave her alone

coolsista-paris

i was cleaning my bathroom...moving things to a better place and found out i had lots of products..i might be a product junkie?!
this is.my stock of shampoos and conditionners..a few dc and 1 protein treatment

ForumRunner_20120520_224515.jpg

the rest of my products are in the bathroom: oils..butters...sprays..gel...henna..indian powders...heat products..etc...
hubby says " this is a store. you and your hair.look at all that stock" he was surprised.lol

pookaloo83

Ok this is how I wore them.

A pic of each side.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3896924581.jpg
    image-3896924581.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3530945947.jpg
    image-3530945947.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 42

Realhairdontcare

I flat ironed my hair and it was a total fail. I don't know if it didn't come out as straight as the other times because my hair has gotten alot thicker since the last time I did it. I'm just gonna wear it in a ponytail until I can get to the hairdresser and she can do something to it whenever I go. I'm not wearing the wig anymore. I'm tired of it and people have been making comments smh but I didn't see anything wrong with it when I was wearing it. I did miss wearing my real hair out tho. I wanted to get a weave ponytail done by my hairdresser but I'm not sure if I'm still going to do that or just have her do a press and curl. I'm going to get another sew in eventually hopefully before the summer is over with.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

I'm starting to think I was over everythinging my hair. I just did a shampoo and conditioned with MUCH less leave in and hope for non greasy hair

TheNDofUO

ManiiSweetheart

Don't worry my bestie/platonic life partner just started avoiding me about Jan. Just found out it was the same time she was secretly dating a guy I didn't approve of (he's 30 we're 17) life kicks you in the balls sometimes. What can you do?

livinthevida

i was cleaning my bathroom...moving things to a better place and found out i had lots of products..i might be a product junkie?!
this is.my stock of shampoos and conditionners..a few dc and 1 protein treatment

View attachment 150639

the rest of my products are in the bathroom: oils..butters...sprays..gel...henna..indian powders...heat products..etc...
hubby says " this is a store. you and your hair.look at all that stock" he was surprised.lol
LOL!!! @coolsista-paris!!! that's good stock you have there :yep:

what is the product named KARETE or KARITE in the green/yellow label? I've yet to see that one

ManiiSweetheart

ManiiSweetheart

Don't worry my bestie/platonic life partner just started avoiding me about Jan. Just found out it was the same time she was secretly dating a guy I didn't approve of (he's 30 we're 17) life kicks you in the balls sometimes. What can you do?

1. "life kicks you in the balls sometimes. What can you do?" is going to be my senior quote...

2. Yes i know...its sad because i loved her so much...and it just ended... over stupid stuff.

But it's whatever now. I don't think i would/could be friends with her after this..just too much

faithVA

Took out my twists that I had in for a week. Deranged with conditioner and did a lil length check. Meh. Still looks like its at the same length. I need to watch more tutorials on how to take down twists. I had a couple that tangled bad.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

You're really close in the front. And looks like only an inch away in the back. So maybe by the end of June/July. There are a few of us in the It Ain't Moving Club.

felic1

Here I am with a lurking post. I spent about 8 weeks in kinky twists. My hair was a good shoulder length. The twists were installed around St. Patrick's Day. I have been using water, hemp oil and wheat germ butter from silk dreams. I used a few other products from claudies- the isha and ends insurance and some SD spritz. My short ponytail hair can now be a small puffy bun! A bun! I have to celebrate the small beginnings. See you guys at armpit. I am looking forward to being kicked the heck out!!

Saga

The Generous Queen
Here I am with a lurking post. I spent about 8 weeks in kinky twists. My hair was a good shoulder length. The twists were installed around St. Patrick's Day. I have been using water, hemp oil and wheat germ butter from silk dreams. I used a few other products from claudies- the isha and ends insurance and some SD spritz. My short ponytail hair can now be a small puffy bun! A bun! I have to celebrate the small beginnings. See you guys at armpit. I am looking forward to being kicked the heck out!!
Whoooooo, I'm so happy for you! I remember how livid I was when I managed to fit my hair in a lil bun. Glad u managed to reach this milestone.

lamaria211

My 3rd day moisturizing with SoftnFree GroHealthy Milk Protein&OliveOil daily Growth Lotion and so far my hair is lovin it:)

TruMe

Finally....wash day. DC'ing as I type. Completely exhausted though and cannot wait to be finished. I wanted to do a strawler set but guess I will wait to do tomorrow or Tuesday.

coolsista-paris

livinthevida said:
LOL!!! @coolsista-paris!!! that's good stock you have there :yep:

what is the product named KARETE or KARITE in the green/yellow label? I've yet to see that one

the karite is a shea butter conditionner (karité means shea butter in french)
and yeah i better use these products. it woke me up! no buying products till i use at least half of these (well...ill try lol)

coolsista-paris

Phaer said:
And what is that PROVOST??

franck provost is a french brand. sooo good. i love the conditionner on my pic. it is ceramides condit. this thing moisturizes and gives the best slip on.hair that ive usesd. when my hair was dry i put some om.my ends and it was soft and.moisturized. love this one

jprayze

Mjon912 said:
So today I washed my hair...omg it came out so soft!!! I started with a prepoo with a heated up mix of honey, Kemi oil, grape seed oil, coconut milk, dr miracles go oil, jojoba oil, and essential oils for 2hours... Washed with Paul mitchel tea tree shampoo, Nexxus extra moisture shampoo n conditioner... Deep conditioned with LeKair cholesterol plus... Sprayed with its a 10 leave in and mane n tale detangler... Rubbed a quarter size amount of coconut milk oh my hair...as I was roller setting I rubbed a little Marrakesh oil and Profectiv healthy hair together and put on each section and rolled...sat under the dryer for an hour n a half and flat ironed my roots with silk elements heat protectant spray!

Wow that sounded like a lot, it really wasn't tho...but my hair hasn't felt this light in a long time and it smells so yummy!!! I really don't want to bun now, but I'm going to =(...

On another note I'm starting the MN challenge...as a relaxed head does anyone have an Ida of what I should mix the MN with, I don't moisturize my hair during the week, so I'm probably looking for an oil to mix it with...the oils I have are...jojoba oil, dr miracles go oil, grape seed oil, organic root stimulator olive oil in the jar, Argan oil, proclaim natural 7 oil, Agadir oil, kera care essential oils, Paul Mitchell super skinny serum,coconut milk, and Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer and Kemi oil....I would prefer to use one of these nice I already have them but how would go about using it? Just mix it with the mn and appy directly to my scalp? And also How often should. Wash my hair? Is once a week enough? Ugh questions questions questions!!!

I answered in the MN challenge but since everyone is not on that thread, I wanted to answer here. I'm a long term transitioner so I basically treat my hair relaxed when I straighten. If I straighten, I wait 2 wks to wash. use oil sparingly as well because I don't want my hair getting weighed down and no moisture because of reversion. I just go a good DC before straightening. I will just apply the MN directly to my scalp 2 times a dayand follow up with massaging in some oil...sort of the same as mixing I guess...I would have 1 step. But if I feel my hair/scalp is getting too oily, I may just do oil once a day. I like the grapeseed oil because its the lightest.

If I wear my hair in some natural style like a twist out or a bun, none of these rules apply...I oil to my hearts content and moisturize if I want to :) and I wash once a week and throw in an ocassional cowash.

BTW, I'm planning to do my LC (little chop) this summer. I think I have an inch or so left of relaxed ends. But I want go make APL first, just to see that I can actually make it!

melisandre

Hey, I've been MIA in this challenge, but I wanted to provide a quick update on my progress. Yesterday was wash day and I noticed that I am almost APL. I took a pic to share. I'm barely scraping APL, so I think in another month I'll be there. I'm excited because, I thought that I wouldn't make it until the fall (Oct '12 or so) and now it looks like I'll make it this summer. :yep: :lol:

Attachments

• may12.1.JPG
    may12.1.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 43

faithVA

Hey, I've been MIA in this challenge, but I wanted to provide a quick update on my progress. Yesterday was wash day and I noticed that I am almost APL. I took a pic to share. I'm barely scraping APL, so I think in another month I'll be there. I'm excited because, I thought that I wouldn't make it until the fall (Oct '12 or so) and now it looks like I'll make it this summer. :yep: :lol:

Congratulations melisandre. You are there and definitely there by next length check.

lamaria211

melisandre said:

you made it!!!! And your hair looks shiny and thick:)