APL 2012 Challenge

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I don't know why I keep attempting to stretch wash days to once a month. I only made it to a week which is regular to me. Can't stand having a dirty scalp. Anyway, I just bought a few wigs from blackhairspray.com and hope to receive them by mid-week. Will be wearing wigs till the end of the year and following my weekly routine.

KaramelKutie803

^^^^Glad we were able to talk you off the texturizer ledge lady. Your hair looks great! What did you use to slick down the front??

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

After undoing my twists I sprayed my edges and nape with water, added a little more of the Curling Cream and then added Olive Oil Eco Styler gel.

NikkiQ

Meritamen said:
I don't know why I keep attempting to stretch wash days to once a month. I only made it to a week which is regular to me. Can't stand having a dirty scalp. Anyway, I just bought a few wigs from blackhairspray.com and hope to receive them by mid-week. Will be wearing wigs till the end of the year and following my weekly routine.

Have you tried stretching your wash days to once every 2 weeks? That may be easier

Mjon912

Mjon912 you have that technique set right! It all sounds really good with all of the natural ingredients added to your reggie :yep:

Our very own jprayze started the Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012) and started a new thread - Let's talk about MN to gather feedback from other users of MN. It's in this thread BadMamaJama recommended chavascandy's videos on YouTube. chavascandy mixed her MN with Kids Organics Gro Strong Growth Stimulating Therapy. I viewed these 2 videos for a quick recap of her MN reggie:

How I Apply Miconazole Nitrate 'MN' to My Scalp
MN Challenge 2011 Results are In!

If you're joining the MN Challenge I'd like to hear your results over the next month. I may join after our next length check in June!

Oh gosh...thanks so much for the links!!!! I showed my bf, he thinks I'm crazy but I'm still going to try it, just trying to figure out what I should mix it with

coolsista-paris

Mjon912 said:
Oh gosh...thanks so much for the links!!!! I showed my bf, he thinks I'm crazy but I'm still going to try it, just trying to figure out what I should mix it with

hubby thinks im crazy too. he says"you and your hair" then laughes cause its a cream for totally another use....

anyway i ordered on amazon..im in ftance so its cost me like 17-18$ to get that here from the us. so mad.
i still dont know what im gonna put in my mix.
i have 10-20 days to think of it (thats the freekin long time to receive my order )!!!!

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Have you tried stretching your wash days to once every 2 weeks? That may be easier

Sometimes I do mange to go for two weeks in-between washes but that's more from laziness and just skipping a wash then anything else.

claud-uk

Did a WGO/EVOO pre-poo yesterday Friday overnight, then washed with Argan Oil Shampoo, Protein Mask + Egg White treatment, Tea Rinse, followed up with a DC of Argan Oil Con/Honey/Molasses/Egg Yolk. ACV rinse to finish.

After leaving to dry 50% I smoothed AVG down my hair... that stuff just disappears, it's amazing! Applied more AVG with Cantu Leave-in Con, then sealed very lightly with EVOO/Shea butter.

90% sure my hair really likes this routine - it feels clean, strong, smooth, soft, moisturized... and tight! Think I'm going to have this as my regular 1x week wash day, but alternate between protein and keratin each week.

ManiiSweetheart

Lady's I need some advice. None hair advice. my bestfriend stopped talking to be because she is mad that one Friday I left our group of about 15 friends to go hang out with my boyfriend .... I get to see him Maybe 3 times a month and She knows this. Now she's ignoring my texts and calls .... And When we are in the same class she's acts like everyone else is he bestfriend, making plans she knows I would love to do right in front of my face. And when I confronted her about it before I knew the issue she told me to think about it... Am I wrong?? What should I do?

NikkiQ

ManiiSweetheart said:
Lady's I need some advice. None hair advice. my bestfriend stopped talking to be because she is mad that one Friday I left our group of about 15 friends to go hang out with my boyfriend .... I get to see him Maybe 3 times a month and She knows this. Now she's ignoring my texts and calls .... And When we are in the same class she's acts like everyone else is he bestfriend, making plans she knows I would love to do right in front of my face. And when I confronted her about it before I knew the issue she told me to think about it... Am I wrong?? What should I do?

If she is your best friend and knows that you don't get to see your boyfriend often,then she should understand. Is she single? Did you give the group the heads up that you would be leaving or did you just up and leave?

ManiiSweetheart

NikkiQ said:
If she is your best friend and knows that you don't get to see your boyfriend often,then she should understand. Is she single? Did you give the group the heads up that you would be leaving or did you just up and leave?

Yes she's single and yes the whole group knew and was fine with it. She's the only one acting like this

NikkiQ

ManiiSweetheart said:
Yes she's single and yes the whole group knew and was fine with it. She's the only one acting like this

I may be wrong, but she sounds a bit jealous to me and she's trying to exclude you from things to make you jealous. I would try to talk to her one more time and if that doesn't work, the just continue on with the rest of your school year. Isn't this your senior year? She should be trying to enjoy the little time you guys have left together in school instead of starting this petty drama.

pookaloo83

I dc'd with ORS replenishing pak last night. My hair was so soft. My hair is 95% dry. I put them in plaits to airdry and I'm gonna put in loose twists.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using LHCF

claud-uk

You have to just ignore her and anybody else who wants to play her stupid games. Seriously, I'm so glad that sort of s*** is behind me but my 16 year old has been through it recently. Sounds like your friend is doing a top job of making an arseh*** out of herself - just leave her to get on with it and focus on yourself... and your hair. Got all the friends you need here - school's for learning.

livinthevida

@ManiiSweetheart definitely see if you can get some one on one time with her if you can go to her house rather text/call via phone. Sometimes it is best to air it all out in person there maybe something she wants to say and is avoiding to do so. Maybe her feelings are hurt too and she's not sure how to tell you.

If she's your bestie she should be willing to work it out. No worries go see her and hear what she has to say. Then you will know what to do next.

I hope it works out for you 2 :bighug:

lamaria211

ManiiSweetheart said:

I agree with NikkyQ
Honestly almost all my single friends have issues with my time and attention they say I dont have enough for them but im married with 3 kids so theyre probably right. I try not to let it bother me, my hubby is my true bestie anyway:)

livinthevida

Just stoping in to say thanks again to you ladies. I'm really starting to love my natural hair now & can't believe I thought about slapping that texture softner in it. I just bought Cantu Shea Butter Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream and I love it. It smells great and has a nice thick, creamy texture to it. I did a twist-out with it on freshly co-washed hair with a little bit of HE LTR Leave-In. I pulled my hair up into a puff and wore it out today.

Looking good KaramelKutie803!

The Princess

The Princess I'm with Phaer do be careful yet is there anyway we can talk you out of this!! Say something like "DONT DO IT!!!"

have you done a telax before?

Good luck and please be careful.

Yall to cute.

Yeah my last two relaxers were Texlax. I don't want to pay money to someone to leave a relaxer in my hair for a few mins, when I could do it myself. I used to relax my hair back in the day. Just being lazy. Since I will Moving soon I don't want to trust no one with my hair, so I will be doing my hair myself until further notice. I only go to my previous hairdresser for relaxers anyway.

I heard alot of good reviews od the JFM.

I will see.

Phaer

ManiiSweetheart said:

Sounds like jealousy to me. I would let her have her space. I am not one to run after anyone.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I was really doubtful, but I think I really might make APL by my birthday!! I had my Hubby check my length, and I'm a lot closer than I thought I was. That trim was just what my hair needed!

Phaer

pookaloo83 said:
I dc'd with ORS replenishing pak last night. My hair was so soft. My hair is 95% dry. I put them in plaits to airdry and I'm gonna put in loose twists.

I wants pitchas.

Phaer

The Princess said:
Yall to cute.

Yeah my last two relaxers were Texlax. I don't want to pay money to someone to leave a relaxer in my hair for a few mins, when I could do it myself. I used to relax my hair back in the day. Just being lazy. Since I will Moving soon I don't want to trust no one with my hair, so I will be doing my hair myself until further notice. I only go to my previous hairdresser for relaxers anyway.

I heard alot of good reviews od the JFM.

I will see.

Ok, if you know what you are doing, then I say have fun and make it KUUUTE.

pookaloo83

Just finished my loose twists. About to get up and get ready to run errands. I don't know how I'll style them but I'll post it when I do.

Attachments

• image-1935373971.jpg
    image-1935373971.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image-2555122811.jpg
    image-2555122811.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 30

Angela4769

Since I didn't know what to use for my bantus, I put a little moisturizer, a teeny bit of Lottabody, and a little coconut oil. Disaster! It looked terrible. I salvaged it by making a curly ponytail. I guess I'll just have to learn by trial and error.