APL 2012 Challenge

Poutchi

I think it would be fair for my hair to sue me for negligence...boy...i can't wait to finish this semester...(btw... I have never realized how much education cost in the US compare to Canada until I asked about taking online courses at MTU...OMG...702$ per credit hour... I take 3 credit hours course for about 600$ here :S wow...makes someone appreciate what they have)...

lilyofthenile

I got a line up, to clean the hair off my neck. She cut to far up. I'm pulling long strands off hair out my bun and my nape area. I don't know why some people cut so far up. I don't have a short cut. Just get the hair off the neck, not the nape area.

Vent over.

I want to line my nape up as well, what you've experienced is what I'm afraid of :ohwell:

NaturalfienD

Checking in ...

I co-washed last night with HE Hello Hydration while my hair was in a bun. I just cannot bring myself to wash on loose hair because my hair likes to tangle on itself, which means lots and lots of 'shedding.' I am happy to report that it worked pretty good- I blotted my hair with a towel, applied gel, and tied it all up. My hair was dry by the morning and everything was all good. Now I can definitely co-wash three times a week until I make a new u-part wig. :) Yeah buddy ...

Seamonster

I got that werewolf neck look working for me too. My neck hairs grow so low, I am constantly wondering what is that on my neck. Then I remember.

LoveTheSkinImIn

I have no idea how long my hair is right now - I just know that this is the first time I've actually realized that my hair is growing and I'm excited as hell. lol Just wanted to share :)

Left side: BC: May 30, 2011
Right side: Today: Apr 17, 2012

Last edited:

diadall

LoveTheSkinImIn said:
I have no idea how long my hair is right now - I just know that this is the first time I've actually realized that my hair is growing and I'm excited as hell. lol Just wanted to share :)

Left side: BC: May 30, 2011
Right side: Today: Apr 17, 2012

Well can you stretch a piece? Great progress and it looks like you have some great length.

Khaiya

loving how my ends feel right now, gonna go ahead and moisturize and seal again tonite just because i can.

Darenia

I don't know who I am foolin, I do not like to protective style. I purchased this hair for braiding and it's gonna go to waist.

cherrynicole

Just clarified with Ion hard water shampoo. Got some 'Its a 10' DC on the roots and mizani reconstructor on the midshaft to ends under the dryer :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Still applying the sulfur but sick of vitamins so I'm just taking the biotin for now. Trying to cohairiest hair loss from the impending stress from upcoming finals week. Other than that I've been practicing begin neglect, just keeping my hair in braids. Oh, and my 2 year HHJ is in less than a month now. Wow, time flies.

diadall

Darenia said:
I don't know who I am foolin, I do not like to protective style. I purchased this hair for braiding and it's gonna go to waist.

Its like taking medicine. I hate it too but its good for you.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I keep forgetting to check in but I'm still in the challenge. I pray I make APL by the end of the year. My hair sheds extremely bad. I don't know what to do to stop it. I'm going to add a vita reggie to my diet and hope that helps slow down the shedding

ETA:: As hard as I PS you would think my hair would be down to the floor by now:ohwell: I won't give up...

Evolving78

I keep forgetting to check in but I'm still in the challenge. I pray I make APL by the end of the year. My hair sheds extremely bad. I don't know what to do to stop it. I'm going to add a vita reggie to my diet and hope that helps slow down the shedding

ETA:: As hard as I PS you would think my hair would be down to the floor by now:ohwell: I won't give up...

try a black tea rinse. that helped me when my hair was shedding like crazy due to a chemical reaction to some bad hair color.

NikkiQ

Hey ladies. Just got back from the funeral. I told my bestie about you guys and she said to thank you for all the kind words :grouphug:

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Khaiya

^Thread it girl, thread it! (wish i was making money for my threading promotions):lachen:

Ya so i didn't moisturize n seal yesterday like i said i would, waaaaay too lazy but i do plan to wash and condition today.

jprayze

Well...I went to my beloved Dominican Salon today...been going there for almost 2 years, mostly once, but sometimes twice a month. As I went there, my hair grew from just below my ear to the current length-- 'almost' APL and that includes regular trims. I'm pretty happy with the progress; I didn't have a consistent home regimen until recently since I've been active on lhcf. Anyway, today was my first time not getting the whole process done; I didn't get the blowout and the flat iron. I just got the roller set and left. Idk how I feel about it...my roots are pretty rough but overall, I'm happy because I cut out all that heat. When I get home, I'll touch up the edges with the flat iron and pincurl it. I'm also happy because I can control the heat and I'd rather have some edges than straighten them into non-existence:nono: Sorry pics are in the next post because I took them on my phone...

btw - I'm 2 1/2 years post LOL...I have no plans to chop any time soon:ohwell:

And I do a preparation process to get ready to the Dom. salon which includes coming with DC already on my hair (pre-poo)

Blairx0

Khaiya said:
^Thread it girl, thread it! (wish i was making money for my threading promotions):lachen:

Ya so i didn't moisturize n seal yesterday like i said i would, waaaaay too lazy but i do plan to wash and condition today.

I've watched some video and it looks great but time consuming. My hair takes about 2 days to dry so it really isn't something I feel like I can do. I tried banding also. My hair wasnt fully dry after 10 hours so I didn't see the full effects, but it is something else that took a long Time to do that in the end wasn't that effective. I think I need a hooded dryer to use before bed and in the morning to speed up the drying process.

Khaiya

^Really? My hair dries pretty well when i thread, granted i usually do it in the evening and then sleep on it slightly damp and by morning it's dry. As for the time, i don't really find that it takes me any longer than doing plaits, i usually do about 20 sections so i guess that helps with the drying too.

Sorry it didn't work for you, maybe smaller sections and some practice? i dunno. I do know that it gives me great results, especially if i do it, take it down, moisturize and thread again, after the second takedown i have blowdryer results. Really should take some pics, if only i wasn't so lazy:nono:

Blairx0

Maybe I will give it another try after I get more info. My hair takes days to dry because I have low po hair. My hair has never dried over night, so if threading can help I will research