APL 2012 Challenge

Hey Ladies just checking in, I am still transitioning and it is getting harder and harder. I am about three months into my transition. But I know it will be worth it. I am going to DC this evening and do a two strand twist. I need to find me some hair bands for to hide some of the new growth.

got my hair wrapped up. nothing special to report. can't wait to see everyone's progress at the end of the month. i revealed mine and i know nothing drastic will change. my next reveal will be by May.

From this angle it looks like I'm almost there! Encouraged!!!

Attachments

• image-3535195507.jpg
    image-3535195507.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 56
Taking the Celies down now so that I can stretch my hair over night in larger braids like I did last week. Hope it turns out okay. You ladies know I'll post pics whether it was a success or super major epic FAIL!

Ladies just a reminder I check in with the next set of 30 Day photos on how my thinning hair has improved in the front of my scalp. New photos will be posted March 28!

Here's a quick recap of January - February 28, 2012:

Attachments

• january vs february.JPG
    january vs february.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 48
Ugh! Ok hair, I KNOW I haven't been as kind to you as I was when I first started this HHJ, but please give me this last inch after my touch up and for the love of all that is Holy PLEASE stop shedding!!!!! Hair, you are already low density so I can't spare too many of you every time I take out my bun. I'll do better...I promise. Now you do the same.

Love,
Newnyer

so i washed and treated my fiances hair and trimmed....i got jealous of his hair i use Folicure shampoo and condish plus i made him take the folicure vitamins for a little over and this dude hair is thick as hell now...smh you know im jealous

Just finished moisturizing my hair and sealing it as well. I have been kinda lazy for the past three days by not touching my hair and just wearing my satin bonnet. I'm so ashamed lol!! I'm about to step it up again though. I really want some braids though...like really bad. Kinky twists maybe and I can rock those for two months at least.

Ugh! Ok hair, I KNOW I haven't been as kind to you as I was when I first started this HHJ, but please give me this last inch after my touch up and for the love of all that is Holy PLEASE stop shedding!!!!! Hair, you are already low density so I can't spare too many of you every time I take out my bun. I'll do better...I promise. Now you do the same.

Love,
Newnyer

LOL.. Im sure you will have more than an inch.

Can't wait till tomorrow to wash, DC and wet bun. My hair has had it this week, and to think I wash my hair midweek.

Im excited my package its here. I ordered "Its a 10 moisture mask and Leave in Conditioner with Kertain Plus. The leave in conditioner smells great. I will probally use it next weekend.

Its Keracare time this weekend.

You ladies know I don't PS. I rebraid nightly for braidouts during the day. I thought I would just show how much hair I use daily from shedding. Also this is very good for me to document so I can cross examine if I feel like theres a change in Shedding. It's like dime sized.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Attachments

• image-2649837088.jpg
    image-2649837088.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 48
The other day I washed and braided my hair. I am supposed to be getting my sew in on Tuesday. I won't be able to post pics for our update coming up so I will post some pics now. Please excuse how much a mess I look but just wanted to show my hairs current length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
I'll be co-washing more as part of the Use Up Your Stash challenge and being more consistent with my oil sealing.

Where is your length check? I must have missed it

Seamonster
here is my lastest pic. my hair wasn't straightened. i had to trim an 1/2 too.
picture.php

this was my hair in the beginning of Feb. i hate i had to do a recent trim due to all of that madness going on.
picture.php

it doesn't look like it to me, but if my hair was straightened in the March pic, you would be able to see the progress.

Last edited:
shortdub78 Oh ok, I can see the progress, if your hair isn't straight, then you have probably made the top of APL. Your bangs went from EL to Neck length. I can't tell where APL is in that photo, but I can tell your hair is longer. Nice progress for three months.

Totally bummed. My bright red is gone already. That's the only thing I hate about red hair. It fades SO quick!

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

Attachments

• 2012-03-23 18.26.10.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70
NikkiQ said:
Totally bummed. My bright red is gone already. That's the only thing I hate about red hair. It fades SO quick!

Your hair is luscious and I love the chunkiness-it's so thick. Love it!

NikkiQ said:

I like it! I can't tell the red is gone.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Thanks ladies! I may do the Manic Panic again next month since it isn't harsh on my hair at all. Or I may wait and make that my APL gift to myself lol

The only progress I had is this its now 1 month and 4 days with these

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120324_100834.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120324_100834.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 48
  • ForumRunner_20120324_100916.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120324_100916.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 48
Hair is still being stretched at the moment. Thinking of running to Forever21 to look at their cute headwraps/scarves after Pook started that thread about them lol

Hair is still being stretched at the moment. Thinking of running to Forever21 to look at their cute headwraps/scarves after Pook started that thread about them lol

i need to go there and find cute shirt or something. i really moisturized my hair this morning and i used some coconut oil to seal. i wish i could take a pic of my bun. i really don't feel like putting a wig on. i guess it will depend on what i am wearing later. i am going to my boyfriend's cousin's bday, so i wanna look nice.

i guess i will be rocking this wig. i wanna wear the mommy wig, but i need to look like how it looks on everyone else. i am going to wash her now. she should be good and dry for tonight.

NikkiQ I like the color of your hair... and your hair is sooo thick
Here are few pics of my left out play in section in the back of my ear ... I think I am a 4 a in that section

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 33
Back