Aphogee Green Tea / LOTS OF PICS...

acapnleo

It looks great. Did you use a blowdryer with a comb attachment or did you use a brush?

Thank you loca!!!! I used a blowdryer, but I had to section my hair for detangling... it was like a jungle:lachen: I parted four sections and detangled one section at a time, then I blowdried and tried the tension method (pulling hair downward)... and trying to blowdry on a downward angle.. then I braided that section and moved to the next.

ETA: I have a comb attachment, but its a no go for me. My hair and the attachment went at it and it was a bloodbath, some lost hairs and some lost teeth (for the comb):lachen: for reals:look:

Last edited:

myxdchiick

Just got back from Sally's!!! I brought the ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer!
I am excited and hopefully I am as successful as you were! Wish me luck! Will post pics later! =]

locabouthair

Thank you loca!!!! I used a blowdryer, but I had to section my hair for detangling... it was like a jungle:lachen: I parted four sections and detangled one section at a time, then I blowdried and tried the tension method (pulling hair downward)... and trying to blowdry on a downward angle.. then I braided that section and moved to the next.

ETA: I have a comb attachment, but its a no go for me. My hair and the attachment went at it and it was a bloodbath, some lost hairs and some lost teeth (for the comb):lachen: for reals:look:

I did the SAME thing but the roots were still puffy. I tried using a brush to blow dry but the brush was stuck in my hair:ohwell:

MizzCoco

Gorgeous!! I have some of that spray, and I've been on the fence about it...gonna try it your way next time I flat iron!

myxdchiick

Do you know if you have the new formula Green Tea? Or the old?

umm no. The label has changed so I'm assuming new...My mom has the one that OP attached to the thread and she said she bought it a looooooong time ago.

Mine looks like this:

Last edited:

acapnleo

Just got back from Sally's!!! I brought the ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer!
I am excited and hopefully I am as successful as you were! Wish me luck! Will post pics later! =]

Yes, post pics!!! :)

Do you know if you have the new formula Green Tea? Or the old?

Robot, I am not sure. I purchased this back in '08, tried it a time or two on my wng's-- wasn't impressed and into the forgotten basket it went. ETA: The one myxd posted is the one I have...

I dont have a Sallys but I bought a bottle today!! Thanks again!!

Be sure to post pics!!! :)

Last edited:

robot.

umm no. The label has changed so I'm assuming new...My mom has the one that was attached to the thread and she said she bought it a looooooong time ago.

Mine looks like that too. I have the new one, where Keratin is near the middle of the ingredient list. From what I understand, keratin used to be much higher.

Where is Keratin in yours, OP?

acapnleo

The flat-iron came out so SMOOTH! Beautiful results!

Thank you Jen!!! :)

I did the SAME thing but the roots were still puffy. I tried using a brush to blow dry but the brush was stuck in my hair:ohwell:

Loca, I hate poofy roots, so I get the iron as close as possible and tilt it towards my scalp, sliding down... for flat ironing, I start at the back of my head, hitting the roots hard in every section... I have never liked ripples in my hair, when its supposed to be straight.

Maybe try very small sections (which will take more time, but yield smoother results:yep:) My hair is easier in the back, the middle takes more effort. The front, I really focus on the roots as well.

for blowdrying your roots, try smoothing hair down about an inch to 2 inches (from your scalp) and hold the brush in place and direct the heat to that area. As the hair lifts, re-smooth with the brush and hold it in place file focusing the heat there. The tension should help and then you finish off with the flatiron... Hopefully that made since :)

* I am one to flatiron at high temps:look:

Gorgeous!! I have some of that spray, and I've been on the fence about it...gonna try it your way next time I flat iron!

Thank you fully!!!! Post pics!!!

umm no. The label has changed so I'm assuming new...My mom has the one that was attached to the thread and she said she bought it a looooooong time ago.

Mine looks like this:
This is the one I'm using... purchased in '08--- thank you for the pic myxd--- this is the one... my bad for the other pic ladies... I was in a hurry, googled and posted... sorry bout that.

acapnleo

Mine looks like that too. I have the new one, where Keratin is near the middle of the ingredient list. From what I understand, keratin used to be much higher.

Where is Keratin in yours, OP?

***ran upstairs*** <DH is convinced I'm coo-coo> Its the 10th ingredient after hydrolyzed silk...

Last edited:

myxdchiick

So it looks like OP, robot, and I have the new one...Mom has the one OP posted. I did some research and it looks like the OLD formula has hydrolyzed silk as the 3rd ingredient. I don't mean to hijack by any means but has anyone used the new and old formula and found a difference in their hair?

locabouthair

Loca, I hate poofy roots, so I get the iron as close as possible and tilt it towards my scalp, sliding down... for flat ironing, I start at the back of my head, hitting the roots hard in every section... I have never liked ripples in my hair, when its supposed to be straight.

Maybe try very small sections (which will take more time, but yield smoother results:yep:) My hair is easier in the back, the middle takes more effort. The front, I really focus on the roots as well.

for blowdrying your roots, try smoothing hair down about an inch to 2 inches (from your scalp) and hold the brush in place and direct the heat to that area. As the hair lifts, re-smooth with the brush and hold it in place file focusing the heat there. The tension should help and then you finish off with the flatiron... Hopefully that made since :)

* I am one to flatiron at high temps:look:

Thanks for the tips. I am going to try that next time.:yep:

Southernbella.

Beautiful! I read this the other day and bought some that night. I'm flat ironing either tonight or tomorrow to check my length. I hope mine comes out as good as yours!