Aphogee Green Tea / LOTS OF PICS...

acapnleo

Good Evening my hair lovin', locks growin, naturals, relaxed, transitioners and anyone in between:drunk:

Yesterday, I decided to wash and straighten my hair... I've been really having a fit for straight hair despite my restraint to relax:rolleyes:

I've been tempted lately with all of the reviews you lovely ladies give... and most recently I seriously contemplated relaxer:perplexed but I have gone this long without... I started looking into "alternative" measures... (i.e. BKT and other methods that would not be so permanent). On top of all of this, my color is growing out and I would like to color, but having it grow out is helping me with tracking my newgrowth... oh well... two tone hair for me it is...

Then, I remembered... Keratin... hmmmmm, i thought... wait a minute... I have Keratin upstairs... I have that one product that I purchased on impulse and its been collecting dust:scratchch I read the bottle again and... I'm gunho to use it.

***Now, I do realize that the Keratin I have upstairs, is not so comparable to BKT, but hey, its Keratin... I dont have to order anything and I am still chicken... :grin:***

I washed my hair... conditioned, and commenced to liberally applying the aphogee green tea product to my hair, hoping I would not HATE the result... I then blowdried my hair...

hmmm, ugghhhh not cute:wallbash:... but, I didn't expect anything less than looking like buckwheat at this point...:look: -- nothing but Keratin spray on my hair.

Then I start to flat iron... and my hair felt very soft and silky... and it had some shine to it...

I finished with strawberry glosser / heat protectant (IC) this is last night before bed... probably shouldn't have used the flash...

BONE STRAIGHT IS so HARD TO WRAP... :ohwell:

Fast forward to this morning... My hair doesn't hold curl very well (like it used to... It's lost its training!:blush:) Anyway, I try mousse... Aussie (opposites attract) i think its called (for a soft hold) and I curled it (probably a :nono:, but... it worked for me)... It maintained better than normal especially since I have been having issues with reversion and these pics are from later this evening...

I am pleased with the results and wanna give a shout out to:
Aphogee Keratin Green Tea, njoi coconut hairdress on my scalp area, my ANDIS (walmart) flatiron, and Aussie Opposites Attract Mousse!
oh and my oh so old and raggedy curling iron that is missing the on off buttons, but still do the job better than my newer one.

Here are the results... thank you for looking.:yep:

btw, as you can tell, I was all over the house trying to get good pics... and different rooms had different lighting, so... hope you ladies enjoyed the pics, my family thinks I have lost it:spinning: I being called a hair-aniac:lachen::lachen::lachen:they just dont understand:look:

DivineNapps1728

Your hair looks great!! I like the Aphogee Green Tea spray because my hair feels like it has an added layer of protection around each strand initially, but I tend to over apply & end up with stiff tresses. Oh well...lol

acapnleo

Your hair looks great!! I like the Aphogee Green Tea spray because my hair feels like it has an added layer of protection around each strand initially, but I tend to over apply & end up with stiff tresses. Oh well...lol

THANK YOU! I was afraid of this, but... ironically, it turned out fine... and I applied liberally . Do you use it on wet hair or dry? I'm impressed with the performance of the product and plan to use it with every flatiron session:yep:

DivineNapps1728

THANK YOU! I was afraid of this, but... ironically, it turned out fine... and I applied liberally . Do you use it on wet hair or dry? I'm impressed with the performance of the product and plan to use it with every flatiron session:yep:

I used to apply it to damp hair, let it air dry almost completely, re-apply then blow dry; it would be more prone to tangles, but not terribly unmanageable. I also used it as a daily spritz, but this always led to crispy hair.

Ladybug33

WOW!!! Your hair came out really nice. You got it really straight.

I will have to try the green tea next time I flat iron.

Great Job!

acapnleo

I used to apply it to damp hair, let it air dry almost completely, re-apply then blow dry; it would be more prone to tangles, but not terribly unmanageable. I also used it as a daily spritz, but this always led to crispy hair.

Ahhhh, yes, that may be causing the stiff hair... I did notice after spraying throughout my hair, I needed to section my hair to detangle, then I blowdried in those same sections... Maybe you could try spraying on freshly washed hair (with one application:grin:), blow dry and style...:)

I did the same thing with my wash n go's and I wasnt thrilled with the product either, which is how it ended up in my "forgotten" basket collecting dust. When I purchased it, I was in a major wash n go--- NO HEAT stage... When I re-read the bottle last night, it states to lock the treatment in with heat... so maybe that's why it doesn't seem so effective as a spritz.

Last edited:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Looks great lady! I've been thinking about the aphogee green tea.... but I've been looking for my Chi Keratin Mist.... it's good stuff. :yep:

Vonnieluvs08

Love the results!!

Are you using it for "heat" protectant? Or to give it a little extra strength before straightening?

Desert Skye

Your right, you shouldn't have used flash cuz all that shiny hair just blinded me! I love it!

I got some Aphogee Green Tea too and you post just made me whip it out. I got a touch up on Wed and I want to help it get its strength back.

pookaloo83

Looks good! I tried the green tea last night for the first time before I rollerset. Then after I applied Fantasia IC the pink one, and my hair lookes so shiny and it felt soft and protected!. :yep:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Your hair is blingin girl...I also wanted to give a shout out to my backup Andis flatiron...lol..Its the truth when my babybliss is actin up...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
YAY! Thanks for this! I will be trying this today when I get home from shopping!:yep: Nice to know I don't have to break the bank to get this product!