Aphogee 6 week Treatment.

deon19

Has anyone every used it? I perm my hair this weekend for the first time ( my cousin did it) . I use Motion Mild Oil Mos. I surprise b/c it took so well in my hair after that I used the Aphogee 6 week treatment and it made my hair so soft . I like it a lot I am thinking about using it every 6 week but I wanted to know what other thought about the treatment. I also used
Paul Mitchell for color treated hair shampoo and cond. which also was great. I might start doing my hair more offten.

Are you talking about the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair? If so I would recommend using it esp. if you are plagued with breakage or color your hair. Just make sure to only use it every 6 wks. and to rinse all traces of the treatment out of your hair (which you must have done since you said it made your hair soft). I used this last week and it's made a definite improvement in my breakage problems. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes its was the 6 week treatment. Question ? How long did you let it sit in your hair? Did you sit under the dryer? I was reading the directions and I just kept in in for 2 1/2 mins .

When I used it and it did slow down the breakage (noticably). However I found that Motions' CPR stopped my breakage immediately. The important thing to remember with both treatments is to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner immediatley.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
deon19 said:
Yes its was the 6 week treatment. Question ? How long did you let it sit in your hair? Did you sit under the dryer? I was reading the directions and I just kept in in for 2 1/2 mins .

[/ QUOTE ]

I sat under the dryer, but not for an extremely long time because it didn't take that long to harden. But I did make sure that it had all completely dried in my hair because the first time I didn't and it didn't make a big diff. in my breakage, but this time my hair actually felt different when I rinsed if felt "stronger".

I use it. I use a hand held dryer because that is the only kind I have and am too cheap to buy a different one. It takes me about 20 minutes or so to completely dry my hair. I am sure if I used a bonnet dryer it would be faster but I love it. I think it works extremely well.

I higly recommend this product. I have to keep a bottle of it on hand at all times for breakage. As the others have said, only use it every 6 weeks and for best results let it dry completely on the hair either under a dryer or by using a blow dryer. I can't emphasize enought that the treatment must be followed up with a good moisturizing conditioner to restore elasticity.

Yup I agree with all of you. I just did my 2nd 6-wk Aphogee treatment this weekend. In between I've been using DRC weekly &amp; Motions CPR mid-week. With either of these 3 protein treatments, I preceeded them with a non-moisturizing shampoo, then after each protein treatment I've followed up w/a moisturizing treatment, then a brief carrott oil hot oil treatment &amp; the amount of breakage I've had has been drastically reduced &amp; my hair is getting stronger, where before I'd have to cut off all the damage &amp; begin all over again. A girl at Sally's told me about the carrott oil also contributing to the reduction of damage. It's been workin'..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif When my hair fully recovers I'll cut back so as to not over-do the protein...

Hi JRW, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I didn't know you use this on your hair. I've never tried it out. I only use the regular ole protein treatments. I've always been afraid of Aphogee 6 Week Treatment. Did you notice a big difference after using it? How long have you been using it?

Hey Allandra /images/graemlins/weird.gif
I first used it in December. I ran out of GPB and was in an experimenting mood. I fell in love with it. This winter I had very little shedding and my hair has not broken off. I was surprised by how hard my hair got after it dried. I even tried the Aphogee on my mother and sister's hair and they loved the results.

bumping.....I have a question...

Is it best to use this stuff a week before a relaxer or 2 weeks after? or somewhere in between?

TIA,
Jen

ms_kenesha said:
Are you talking about the Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair? If so I would recommend using it esp. if you are plagued with breakage or color your hair. Just make sure to only use it every 6 wks. and to rinse all traces of the treatment out of your hair (which you must have done since you said it made your hair soft). I used this last week and it's made a definite improvement in my breakage problems. &lt;img src="/images/graemlins/smile.gif" alt="" /&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you mentioned this kenesha.. My sister's stylist has been putting that in her hair EVERY WEEK for six weeks. I tried to tell her, no, it rebuilds your hair structure for up to six weeks, so you needn't use it that often. She still insists on doing it and I'm leery of the "stylist" she has.
I think people can get confused on the instructions, though. Her hair hasn't fallen out, so I guess using it every week isn't dangerous. Or, maybe she lucked out. Still, it sure doesn't make any sense to use a product that's so potent too often.

My sister's stylist has been putting that in her hair EVERY WEEK for six weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
I'm surprised her hair isn't dry &amp; hard. I hope this doesn't have an adverse effect on her hair.

Yes. I have used it. I did my second one a week before I got my braids. I wanted to make sure it was strong enough. The first time I used it (6 weeks before the second time), I did it because I had a lot of breakage. It stopped the breakage immediately, but I just wanted to do it a second time to be sure. I probably won't use it again unless I have a problem, but I am keeping it on hand. I highly recommend it. Just make sure you rinse it all out and follow up with the Aphogee moisture balance conditioner.

I can't say enough about this stuff and would highly recommend it for anyone with breakage issues. When I 1st began using it I too thought it was to be used weekly for 6 wks til I called the company...I decided to use DRC-28 weekly in between aphogee treatments until my problems were rectified

Back