APHOGEE 2 STEP DONE!

BrooklynSouth

Finally, I did the APHOGEE 2 STEP today. I felt like a fairy princess released from a statue spell as the warm water released my hair after the blowdry hardening. The funniest part was it took a while to realize I could move my head again and move around. I forgot to protect my shoulders with Saran wrap so hair did stick to my back but it worked out OK. I clarified first then did the 2 Step. I followed with the APHOGEE moisture balance, rinsed well then used NTM moisture masque. I spritzed with DOVE MIST MOISTURE {yea,TARGET got me} and SILK ELEMENTS LEAVE-IN moisture cream.
My hair is still wet as I pigtail air dry so cannot say if there is an improvement but the fear of APHOGEE is gone. My hair did not shatter like glass as I feared!!

wheezy807

That's wonderful i bought the two steps but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I did aphogee with my stylist-never again! I had to explain the instructions to her, then when she went to check my hair.... She put so much pressure just to check to see if it was dry. I didn't know what would come first, massive hair loss or a damn heartattack from the shock of her doing that. I jumped up so fast and had to ask her what was wrong with her. But lucky i didn't suffer any hair loss. So needless to say i will be doing all of my protein treatments here on out.

BrooklynSouth

newflowers said:
I noticed this in Sally's last week. What are the two steps? There was only one bottle.

Newflowers, you have to also buy the APHOGEE MOISTURE BALANCE. You must well rinse the hard APHOGEE then apply the MOISTURE BALANCE to restore the softness. Many others suggested a deeper moisturizing treatment afterward which I did. {Please, do your hair a great favor....read the APHOGEE WALK-THRU THREAD for dynamite advice} . Today, my hair is smooth, breakfree and happy.

pmichael52172

I saw this in Sally's yesterday. I'm a Dudley's DRC 28 user (when my stylist does my hair), but due to several scheduling conflicts on both our parts, I will be relaxing my own hair this go 'round. She usually does a protein treatment after relaxing and I can't afford to buy the DRC so I'm considering the 2 step. I like that they sell the Moisture Balance in packets so I don't have to buy a large amount.

I'm going to try this next week. I too will follow up with another moisturizing conditioner after the Balance.

I sure wish Dudley's sold their's in small amounts!

KiniKakes

Congratulations on your first Aphogee! Thats really great!!!!! As you've stated, once the initial fear that goes along with that first time is over, then it's just uphill from there! :)

You will see the difference once it's rollerset and dry, and you are combing/handling it. You'll get less breakage and it should appear stronger and a tad thicker too.

Ive never heard of the saran wrap thing! Thats a great idea. I usually just let it stick to my neck/back, lol..... but i may try that next time. Thanx!

InnerSoul

I just did the aphogee treatment for damaged hair last night myself. It really makes your hair feel stronger... I didn't protect my back either so it felt like a layer of plaster on my skin:lol:

I followed with a moisturizing deep conditioner and then with a rinse out conditioner (hello hydration for slip).

then I proceded to roller set... though I must say the effects of the Aphoghee makes my hair more tangly but I had to gently detangle it.
That and Nexxus Emergencee treatment is some powerful powerful stuff.

When I run out of the aphogee then I may try the Aphogee 2 step.

pmichael52172

Question ladies, can I also use Aphogee right after relaxing and neutralizing like my stylist does with the DRC? Or should I wait until about 2 weeks like one of the posters does?

BrooklynSouth

pmichael52172 said:
Question ladies, can I also use Aphogee right after relaxing and neutralizing like my stylist does with the DRC? Or should I wait until about 2 weeks like one of the posters does?

Welcome, Kinikakes. Next time I'll surely remember to use Saran wrap because it was not pleasant to have that stickiness but I know I'll do it next month with much less trepidation:p :p . The shower detangled well so no tangling afterward and today I can see the lack of breakage when gentle, light combing. I waited until today to use SURGE 14 again to avoid too much protein.
PMichael, I do not remember but I'll bet your answer is in the APHOGEE WALK-THRU thread.

ThursdayGirl

How do you apply this product? Do you put in a colorist bottle (with the long nozzle?)

Also, has anyone with 4a natural hair tried it? I saw Chicoro uses it, but my curl are a lot tighter than hers.

NATBTY

ThursdayGirl said:
How do you apply this product? Do you put in a colorist bottle (with the long nozzle?)

Also, has anyone with 4a natural hair tried it? I saw Chicoro uses it, but my curl are a lot tighter than hers.

I'm natural and use this every 6 to 8 week and LUV it. I pour it in the cap and pour it my sectioned hair and work it in.

BrooklynSouth

Thanks.
Today's after morning moisturizers, herbals and oils comb out was more tangled near the roots but the comb out yielded stronger hair. My hair fell back without snap or stretchiness. I caught tangles but backtracked, combed upward again. Very few hairs lost from the comb or yesterday's shampoo. APHOGEE has made a difference.

prettynina

ThursdayGirl said:

i think it would be best use in a spray bottle .