AO conditioners: smell?

Curlykale

Hi, I haven't introduced myself yet but I'm a new member and you are responsible for my shoulder length natural hair (big thank you to you all and to those long, cold lurking nights :grin:)...

I have come to the conclusiona that my hair LOVES Aubrey Organics stuff as a leave-in. So now I want to buy enough conditioner for the next 57 years. -i am concerned about the smell, though.

How would you describe the smell of AO Rosa Mosqueta, or the Blue Chamomile, Island Naturals, Swimmers, JAY or anything you have tried?

I have only tried:
AO HSR = yellow flowers, summer, pollen, sun
AO White Camellia = aggressive chopped sage with a hint of mint
AO GPB = mint with mashed white tic tacs.

Thanks!

lol @ mashed tic tacs!!!!

I use Island Naturals as my co wash condish and love it...the smell I can do without but it isn't horrible. It's pretty spicy think of the spices you would but in a sweet potato pie>>cinnamon and nutmeg, better yet, I think it has allspice in it. Either way, the scent isn't too bad and doesn't linger long.

I have only tried the AB GPB but maybe you can add another leave in to mask the smell (if any) after co-washing. VO5 Rasberry conditioner smells great! Maybe you can use some of that

I have only tried:

Thanks!

:lachen:

I've tried all of these, and I know what you mean about the smell. AO is okay in my hair. I was dissappointed because everyone talked about how good it smelled...when I put it in my hair, the smell was :ohwell:. So I gave up on AO for conditioners that smell better that I don't have to force myself to like.

I have only tried the AB GPB but maybe you can add another leave in to mask the smell (if any) after co-washing. VO5 Rasberry conditioner smells great! Maybe you can use some of that

I love raspberries, I have to try this! Very good idea, thank you.

:lachen:

I've tried all of these, and I know what you mean about the smell. AO is okay in my hair. I was dissappointed because everyone talked about how good it smelled...when I put it in my hair, the smell was :ohwell:. So I gave up on AO for conditioners that smell better that I don't have to force myself to like.

Yeah I was about to give up as well... I just like the outcome too much, so I have been suffering in silence. I will have to sacrifice the people around me in order to have luscious curls :grin:

Honeysuckle rose has a nice, slightly floral scent. It's not an overpowering scent either. I like it :)

I don't like the scent of GPB at all!

The Calagula Fern Leave-In is very herbally/earthy. A Unique Smell. Works well.

I think it's a nice leave-in.:yep:

Honeysuckle rose has a nice, slightly floral scent. It's not an overpowering scent either. I like it :)

I don't like the scent of GPB at all!

I like the smell of the HSR... now, if only it didn't give me buildup as opposed to the white camellia.
With a white camellia and a gpb that smell like hsr I would be sold for life.

Hi, I haven't introduced myself yet but I'm a new member and you are responsible for my shoulder length natural hair (big thank you to you all and to those long, cold lurking nights :grin:)...

I have come to the conclusiona that my hair LOVES Aubrey Organics stuff as a leave-in. So now I want to buy enough conditioner for the next 57 years. -i am concerned about the smell, though.

How would you describe the smell of AO Rosa Mosqueta, or the Blue Chamomile, Island Naturals, Swimmers, JAY or anything you have tried?

I have only tried:

Thanks!

:rofl: l recently tried the island naturals and it smells like noxzema cleansing cream to me. But the smell doesn't linger. I've been using it as a DC and a leave-in.

Back