ANYONE WHO BC'D AT 6/7 MONTHS OR EARLIER? PLEASE POST PICS :-)

MummysGirl

Hi, I am transitioning and only 9.5 weeks post but I've never had really short hair to play with... My plan is to transition for at least a year but I was wondering, "What if I BC at 6/7 months?"...

So please if you BC'd around 6/7 months post or earlier, please post pics...

TIA!

Mom23

I big chopped after about 4 months...

Whimsy

I BC'd in 05 @ 6/7 months:

This pic was taken during the chop (by my dad, who was 1000% against me cutting my long hair off...but then came and lent a hand when he saw me snipping away hehe) i still had some relaxed bits to chop off on the top, but the back was pretty much done at this point.

(please note, i am no longer natural, i am now transitioning again so don't get confused by the siggie n stats there)

MummysGirl

I BC'd in 05 @ 6/7 months:

This pic was taken during the chop (by my dad, who was 1000% against me cutting my long hair off...but then came and lent a hand when he saw me snipping away hehe) i still had some relaxed bits to chop off on the top, but the back was pretty much done at this point.

(please note, i am no longer natural, i am now transitioning again so don't get confused by the siggie n stats there)

Your natural hair is really nice. Wow... you've been transitioning since 2007?

chosen07

I BC'd at about 6 months in Jan of this year. (I lost about an inch of hair after the barber "cleaned up" my fro...). here I am about 3 days after the cut...

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

chosen07

I BC'd around 6-7 months. This is maybe a week or two after.

wow! that's some growth for 6 months (I love your hair and blog by the way)...I wonder if shrinkage has anything to do with why my hair now still looks like its only 3 months post relaxer...:perplexed

Leeda.the.Paladin

wow! that's some growth for 6 months (I love your hair and blog by the way)...I wonder if shrinkage has anything to do with why my hair now still looks like its only 3 months post relaxer...:perplexed

It just look like a lot because it was picked out. I only had about 3-3.5 inches. Here's another picture 2 (?) months later with shrinkage:

Kurly K

me me me!!!!

more in fot ki!

Attachments

• n5727454_38441304_8320.jpg
    n5727454_38441304_8320.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 82
  • n5727454_38658113_7629.jpg
    n5727454_38658113_7629.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 70

MummysGirl

Thank you!!!!

Yes, August 2007, going for at least 24 months but hopefully till 12/31/09

What's your goal?

My goal is 1-1.5 years but I have a feeling in December, I'll just throw in the towel and BC.

Well done - you've been transitioning for a longgggg time!

Whimsy

My goal is 1-1.5 years but I have a feeling in December, I'll just throw in the towel and BC.

Well done - you've been transitioning for a longgggg time!

You can definitely make it that long.

I honestly didn't think I could do it.... after the 7th/8th month, it was just...easy.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Stormy

Well my original plan was to do a 6 month to a year transition, but after 3 1/2 months (just over 15 weeks to be exact) I couldn't take it anymore! So, on Feb. 16th I BC'D and I'm lovin' it! :yep:

You can view more pics here: http://public.fotki.com/stormysteele/

I was going to wait a few months to share after I have some progress, but oh well, maybe this will encourage you anyway... or someone like so many of the ladies encouraged me.

MummysGirl

Well my original plan was to do a 6 month to a year transition, but after 3 1/2 months (just over 15 weeks to be exact) I couldn't take it anymore! So, on Feb. 16th I BC'D and I'm lovin' it! :yep:

You can view more pics here: http://public.fotki.com/stormysteele/

I was going to wait a few months to share after I have some progress, but oh well, maybe this will encourage you anyway... or someone like so many of the ladies encouraged me.

That's a lot of growth for 15 weeks!!! Thank you!

Stormy

You think so? Wow thanks! Oh and you are very welcome. When I can figure out how to do it, I'm going to list my regimen in my album. I loooove the products I'm using!

productjunkie814

I BC'd after 3 months of transitioning

This puff was taken in November

It's a little bit longer now...long enough to kind of plop to the side when I do a puff, lol

momi

I did - would not do it again.

It grew fast, but overall I do not think it was a good look on me :nono:

This was right after BC - at 6 mos...

Attachments

• GP Ebay Stuff_0054.jpg
    GP Ebay Stuff_0054.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 52
  • GP Ebay Stuff_0040.jpg
    GP Ebay Stuff_0040.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 63