Anyone wash their hair every 2-3+ weeks??

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Up until about a year ago I would wash every 2-2 1/2 weeks with no problems, I don't have scalp issues with it. I retain length much faster when shampooing in-frequently. Now because I wear my hair in mostly natural styles (no heat) I shampoo once a week, no more than that and no co-washing in-between either. When I wear roller sets, or silk wraps I wait at least 2 weeks because it's not necessary for me to shampoo any more than that with a straighter style because I don't have to worry about it getting super tangled or matted.

luvmesumhair

Since I am on LadyP's DDM challenge, I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 weeks. My hair stays braided while I wear my LFs. No problems this way!

diadall

I cowash daily. I used shampoo two weeks ago and before that I had not used shampoo since October. I want to try the mud shampoo next.

Urban

I've been doing this for the last few months. Wash, condition, twist. Repeat in two weeks, and I've had no issues.

But a couple of weeks ago, I started using Eco Styler Gel (olive oil) and maaaannn! These last two weeks were hard. My scalp was itchy. I'll try it again in these next two weeks with gel, then the next two weeks without. I love the gel, but I'm happy to ditch it, because I refuse to do my hair more than once a fortnight at the moment.

diegorgeous

i'm going to start washing every 3 weeks consistently. That way I can also stretch my relaxers for 12 - 15 weeks . For some reason the more I wash, the more my hair feels like i need a relaxer...don't know how to explain it. maybe its in my head :-S. Also the KISS low manipulation works very well for me.

growingbrown

I wash my hair every 2 week now since its cold and once a week when the weather gets a little warmer.

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

poookie

I've gone as long as 3.5 weeks *hangs head in shame*

I wash about every 2 weeks. I moisturize nightly with a bit of water, and when it feels / looks dull, I go ahead and wash with baking soda.

preciouslove0x

I wash my hair once every three weeks. Not ashamed. I have no scalp problems. I use to wash my hair once a week but realized my hair would be extremely dry no matter what I did to it. I then started to wash it once every two weeks and realized it was doing much better. Since I'm in school EVERYTHING must be on a schedule so one week I missed my biweekly wash because I was so busy with schoolwork/meetings etc etc and washed my hair on the third week. I was expecting my hair to fall out or something but to my surprise my hair stayed very moisturized up until my wash day. I think my hair really does thrive when it's left alone. It's as shiny and moisturized as it's ever been (also considering that I only moisturize my hair once every three to four days and am a 4b natural)

wannabelong

I wash my dd's hair every 2 weeks and she's fine. I'm 6 months post relaxer and I wash every 2 weeks because I don't feel like detangling every week. My dd and I have not had any issues.

ms.blue

i am... only while I'm weaved up tho...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is what I do also. Normally I wash my hair once a week but it changes according to the seasons-in the winter I could go up 2 weeks but the warmers months, I'll wash and co-wash once a week.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I've oftentimes gone 2 or more weeks between co-washes. I currently only shampoo once a month but I TRY to co-wash once a week. But it has started taking entirely too long for me to co-wash and finger detangle so I am going to start doing it every 2 weeks on a regular.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I wash my hair once every three weeks. Not ashamed. I have no scalp problems. I use to wash my hair once a week but realized my hair would be extremely dry no matter what I did to it. I then started to wash it once every two weeks and realized it was doing much better. Since I'm in school EVERYTHING must be on a schedule so one week I missed my biweekly wash because I was so busy with schoolwork/meetings etc etc and washed my hair on the third week. I was expecting my hair to fall out or something but to my surprise my hair stayed very moisturized up until my wash day. I think my hair really does thrive when it's left alone. It's as shiny and moisturized as it's ever been (also considering that I only moisturize my hair once every three to four days and am a 4b natural)

i have a similar regimen and it works for me too

~NanCeBoTwin~

Lately I've been washing every two weeks, due to it being winter I don't cowash as often. But washing every two weeks was my reggie before I found cowashing anyway. I co wash my DD's hair every 2-3 weeks faithfully and we have no problems.

FoxxyLocs

I wash every 2-3 weeks. Two weeks is when my scalp starts to get flaky, but if I oil or grease my scalp after week one, I can stretch to three weeks between washes. I usually only do that when my hair is straight.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I wash every 2-3 weeks. I have gone up to 6 weeks. Heck, in the past when I was relaxed and wore weaves and box braids, I would go months without washing. Of course,that’s not good hygiene wise, but I never had an issue with an itchy scalp, and would have inches upon inches of new growth (which meant I had no problems growing hair even with an unclean scalp.)

Two - three weeks is ideal for my fine strands.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I wash every 2-3 weeks. I have gone up to 6 weeks. Heck, in the past when I was relaxed and wore weaves and box braids, I would go months without washing. Of course,that’s not good hygiene wise, but I never had an issue with an itchy scalp, and would have inches upon inches of new growth (which meant I had no problems growing hair even with an unclean scalp.)

Two - three weeks is ideal for my fine strands.

That's the case and reason for my stretching.
My strands are fine and cannot take the manipulation.
Breakage every time.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Once my hair is longer, I plan on washing my hair every two weeks.

Now, I can't wash my hair until I take out my microbraids. My hair is so short that if I wash my hair my braids will slip out. Right now I'm going on a month. I plan on taking the braids out either Feb or March.

When I do wash my hair I will be doing MHM.

Summerof93

I just started washing every two weeks and my hair is in better condition. When I was washing once a week I had more breakage. There was a point when I was washing twice a week but my ends hated it. I ended up having to cut an inch off.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I was every 4 weeks. By the 4th week my scalp is very itchy but it’s fine before that. My girl braids it up and it lasts that long

Daina

I stretch to every 10 days to 2 weeks in the winter time. 2 weeks is about the longest I can go because the winter also makes my scalp eczema worse so I have to stay on top of it. In the summer I cleanse every week.