Anyone wash their hair every 2-3+ weeks??

diegorgeous

Hey ladies,
does anyone wash their hair every 2 or more weeks?? For me, low the KISS method works very much. My hair never breaks too. And i've stopped un necessary trims and thats helping me retain way more length. All i do is wash (poo and moisturising cond) every 2 weeks or so. And i put ORS carrot oil cream every couple of days. This method works great for me.

I'd like to know whether there are more ladies whose hair does better with low manipulation or longer wash times thanksss

faithVA

I usually shampoo every two weeks. 95% of the time I am in either two strand twists or braids and I try to maintain my style for at least two weeks. It usually takes my hair about 3 days before it starts to maintain moisture so I am not sure washing it more often would be good. Also it is dense, tightly curled with amazing shrinkage so shampooing it more often would require I detangle more often.

When I reach shoulder length I am going to try cowashing during the week. But for right now, every two weeks is the norm.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I do. I might go back to every week, but really, every 2-3 weeks helps to keep me sane....

Rae81

I wash my hair once a week but recently I tried going two weeks but my hair starts itching really bad and flaking up.

Sent from my HERO200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

geejay

For the ladies that can go two weeks or more, did you ever have scalp issues? I'm thinking maybe I'm just not destined to be in the long term no wash club because my scalp wont let me.

lolascurls

I used to co-wash every week but recently I have been going for 3 weeks without it!
I spray daily with aloe vera juice and leave-in conditioner diltued with water! That keeps my scalp sane!
This works for me currently as I am in kinky twists.

I dont' use shampoo very often these days, only every few weeks when my hair needs a good clean. Otherwise, I'm quite content with using Hair One every week, and I sometimes cowash with another conditioner in the week when I feel like it.

faithVA

No I've never had scalp issues. I don't get buildup on my hair or my scalp as far as I can tell. I have heard others mention it but not really sure what that looks like. Product tends to seem to wear off my hair after about 2 or 3 days and I can oil my scalp every day and you would never be able to tell I did it.

When I was growing up my mother would say my scalp sucked up oil. I'm not sure where it goes. Over the years I've just accepted that is how it is.

Ms Lala

My hair does much better w/washing every 2 weeks. Since it's winter I may go 3 weeks. When I first joined hair boards I tried all that frequent cowashing and it wasn't working for my hair.

CrissieD

I want to try this but I have never been able to go more than 1 week before I start to feel gross. Maybe I have an oily scalp.

beana

I wash every 2 weeks and my hair and scalp have been fine. In the summer, I may go back to washing every week.

Ms Lala

For the ladies that can go two weeks or more, did you ever have scalp issues? I'm thinking maybe I'm just not destined to be in the long term no wash club because my scalp wont let me.

My scalp was actually worse when I washed more frequently, go figure. I was washing alot to remove oil but I think my scalp needed it. I have psoriasis issues so I have used medicated things on my scalp during the 2 week period w/o issue. But I don't stick to a routine, if my hair needs to be washed before 2 weeks is up I do. Sometimes I rinse w/water only in between the 2 weeks.

LongLeggedLife

I do 2 wks...I havent had any flaky scalp issues since I went natural, but I do use Shikaki Oil which is said to promote clean/fresh scalp and hair.

Im a blowdry person, and I generally dont want to detangle/blowdry any more frequently than every 2 weeks.

Loverain

I wash every 3-4 weeks with a clarifying shampoo and I cowash atleast once a week. My hair gets dry if I wash it too much, I have found that my hair holds alot more moisture with cowashing.

Last edited:

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
I plan on cowashing with conditioner one a week and then washing my hair with shampoo every two weeks. KISS

MegB29203

When I was younger (and without relaxer) my mommy washed my hair once every two weeks and I had the thickest, longest hair...Did me no harm.

blessedandlucky

I used to wash every 2 weeks before I formally started my hair journey and changed to washing every 7-10 days about 3 months in. I think I will go back to every 2 weeks because I retained more because I was using less heat.( I blowdry after each wash.)Maybe, I'll go back to it for 3 months and see if I notice a difference the next time I relax....

No scalp issues here either. Different strokes for different folks!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

kaykaybobay

I wash once a week maybe twice - I think I just like washing my hair etc. I am thinking of trying to go a couple of weeks maybe.

BGT

Nah. My scalp gets gunky after 3 or 4 days. I also like it to smell like product.

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
my hair behaves really well when i wash every 2 weeks BUT i don't like the way my scalp smells so i have to wash once a week.:(

the only upside to washing more often FOR ME is my hair smells yummy and fruity. i get a lot of breakage and dryness though from washing more often.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I shampoo every few weeks, I might do an ACV rinse in between and I cowash every few days...wait, I don't even do that any more, I am under a wig so it doesn't need it. I might spray my hair with diluted condish/aloe/oil/water mix and call it a day...I am KISS, because I'm lazy and I'm really retaining a lot of hair this way

DarkChyld

I used to back when I was getting a press/rollerset every 2 weeks. It's not part of my lifestyle anymore. I sweat and go to the gym often therefore 2 week waiting periods are not happening.

Spiffy

My mom can go every 3-4 weeks and I'm so jealous! My scalp gets so oily and attracts dirt quick so I have to wash at least every 7 days. I'm wondering how I can push it up to at least every 10 days.

Aireen

I'm getting REALLY lazy with my hair lately that I've been washing it every 2 weeks now. It's not a regular thing but it happens when my new growth is fierce and I just don't want to deal with it. :look: It's not really severely itchy now but sometimes when it is, I just keep it in a bun anyway because I'm too lazy. :perplexed