BIGEN users.....I have 2 questions:

Missi

I wanna relax my hair today (6pm) and color it tomorrow (6pm) using Bigen (the powder to dye the hair black).

I heard you can relax and color on the same day w/ this: is it true?

Is it safe to relax today and color tomorrow?

ETA: Cathy Howse uses Bigen too: she says "You can apply Bigen immediately after you neutralize your hair after relaxing." (Q/A)

Last edited:

BonFille

I use Bigen Oriental Black all time. I've always waited a couple of days after my relaxer before I applied the color. I heard that you should wait a couple of days so that your "pores can close up" and your "ph balance goes back to normal". I don't know if that is old school or not. BUT, I've applied Jazzing rinses in blue black to my hair right after my touch up. It stung my scalp and it was sore for a couple of days.

All that to say: If I were you, I'd wait 2 or 3 days. Just to be on the safe side.

fluffylocks

I've heard that you can do it on the same day also.

(Arent you scared of the PPD in it? I keep picking it up and putting it down for some jazzings everytime i think about it)

Aidenberry03

I know that the PPD is a concern, but could you base your scalp with something to prevent the chemical reaction.

I mean we do base our scalp before we apply relaxers, couldnt you base your scalp with vaseline.

fluffylocks

I know that the PPD is a concern, but could you base your scalp with something to prevent the chemical reaction.

I mean we do base our scalp before we apply relaxers, couldnt you base your scalp with vaseline.

I was thinking of this too....i hope someone knows

BrooklynSouth

Sorry, don't know but wanted to add...I picked up a sample of Bigen shampoo and conditioner at the BSS; who knew there was such a thing{purely rhetorical question}? Looking forward to the trying.

Dogmd

I always have mine applied directly after the relaxer has been shampooed out and after the deep conditioner. This is while the hair is porous and open. I then have my stylist shampoo it out after 15 minutes. My hair colors fast. I have her apply it to the entire length. She then proceeds to apply a reconstructer and thats it. Been doing this since 2004 with no problems. I use phytorelaxer index 2.

Missi

i use vaseline: i'll color it 2morrow

Missi

I always have mine applied directly after the relaxer has been shampooed out and after the deep conditioner. This is while the hair is porous and open. I then have my stylist shampoo it out after 15 minutes. My hair colors fast. I have her apply it to the entire length. She then proceeds to apply a reconstructer and thats it. Been doing this since 2004 with no problems. I use phytorelaxer index 2.

was this while ur hair was still wet