Anyone tried the Let's Jam Custard?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Preeeetttyyy. Imma hafta try dis lol. I wonder what it smells like...and I wonder if the hold is good for really tight curls. Pudding/Creme type things don't usually work for my tighter sections. Hrmmm....

ETA: Nevermind, just finishing watching the rest of the video lol. It smells like the other Let's Jam products.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
back in the day I loved me some Let's Jam Gel. I used to like the "candy" smell.

Her hair is always pretty and so I have to take her reviews with a side-eye.

That said, I'mma go get me some.

mg1979

She posted the ingredients this afternoon on her site:
http://www.mahoganycurls.com/2012/0...l#!/2012/04/lets-jam-custard-ingredients.html

Ingredients:

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Polysorbate 80, Triethanolamine, Oleth-2, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bis-Diglycerl Polyacyladipate-2, Parfum/Fragrance, VP/Dimethtlaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Polyquaternium-39, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Methoylisothiazolinone, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, CI 17200/Red 33. F.I.L. D47168/1.

RainyDaze

I used the gel when I was high school, which was a long time ago.lol I still remember the smell, which I loved.

757diva

I have some jam now. I just hated in the summer, it would turn into straight grease and not be stiff anymore :(

youwillrise

I feel like everytime I see one of mohaganycurls' videos her hair is like 10x longer than it was the last time lol...

Interesting stuff...I've gotten the curly bug lately and am considering doing a wash and go soon...not sure I will...but I've been looking for some things to try just incase I decide to. Maaaaybe ill give this a try.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I saw the MC review this morning and I'm intrigued. She said she'd do WnG demo/review on a texture kinkier than hers, I wanna see that before I go buyin' stuff...

youwillrise

i went to walgreens a little while ago...they did have it and i picked it up, but i just cant. lol...i'm being good with products ingredient-wise. i just ended up buying more shea moisture stuff instead. ha

CurleeDST

Honestly - everything natural isn't always good to put in or on your body so I am a natural nazi to a point. My hair grows and stays on my head with no problem. The frizzies are my big BEEF so I need something to really calm it down so it isn't a bird's nest and impossible to finger through or takes 10 minutes under the shower just to get all of it wet! So I will definitely post how that stuff works on top of Deva One Condish.

Bublin

Why does everything have to contain glycerin?? :wallbash:

But yes I remember Lets Jam smells like candy.

Last edited:

MsLauren

I bought it today and it's in my hair right now. I'm waiting on it to fully dry before I do a review. And I don't think the smell is too bad or overpowering.

MsLauren

How did you use it? Alone or with other products?

I used DevaCurl No poo and then conditioned with DevaCurl one condition. I left a little conditioner in, used the lets jam curling custard, and avocado oil on top. My hair is still a little damp but it's very defined! My hair is very soft too.
My only complaint is that it may not hold that well. I really try to stretch my wash and gos at least 3-4 days using EcoStyler gel and I don't know if this product will allow me to do that. I'll see what my hair looks like tomorrow morning and I'll come back and let you know!

MsLauren

Ok so when I woke up this morning my hair was fully dry and very defined! The product left a better hold than I thought while keeping my hair soft. I'm going to do a twist out with the product tomorrow to try it again.

*Frisky*

I used it this morning for the first and I like it. I am doing the Curly Girl method and have been doing different experiments with my hair over the last few days to see what results I get.

Embyra

hmmmmmmmm i loved lets jam back in the day didnt love it melting and sliding down my face though:look::lol:

I may try it

greenandchic

I preached it yesterday from my local Walgreen's - the last one on the shelf. The clerk told me WT folks have been snatching it up since it came in, LOL.

I used this today on 3 day hair after spritzing it with a little water.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Let's Jam Custard is on sale NOW at Walgreens for 3.65! So yeah, bought one.

Especially after seeing MahoganyCurls massive raves about this since the product debut in April. In this one, she does a friend's hair. MC's hair is always gorg, no matter what she puts in, so...will see. I can always wash it out.

Tomorrow is wash day. Other reviews say the shrinkage is massive, so I think I'll stretch the roots while it dries or somethin...

Will let ya'll know...