Anyone tried Aphogee Essential Oils (hot oil treatment) ?

pmichael52172

I was doing a search on the best hot oil treatments. I know EVOO and other on hand oils are as good but anyway, I came across Aphogee Essential Oils for Hair. I saw a good review on it at: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/344871/aphogee_essential_oils_for_hair_product.html

I'm not sure what race or type of hair this woman has so it may not work for me. I worry that everything Aphogee makes has a level of protein in it... including this oil. Anyone ever tried? Let me know your thoughts.

(Ingredients of the oil)
Safflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanteroil, Meadowfoam Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Shea Butter, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Lanolin Oil, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Tricedeth-12, Proplparaben, BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Butyphenyl Methyl Propional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum, Red-17 (CI 26100), Yellow 11 (CI 47000)

Neith

I was doing a search on the best hot oil treatments. I know EVOO and other on hand oils are as good but anyway, I came across Aphogee Essential Oils for Hair. I saw a good review on it at: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/344871/aphogee_essential_oils_for_hair_product.html

I'm not sure what race or type of hair this woman has so it may not work for me. I worry that everything Aphogee makes has a level of protein in it... including this oil. Anyone ever tried? Let me know your thoughts.

(Ingredients of the oil)
Safflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanteroil, Meadowfoam Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Shea Butter, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Lanolin Oil, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Tricedeth-12, Proplparaben, BHT, Benzyl Salicylate, Butyphenyl Methyl Propional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum, Red-17 (CI 26100), Yellow 11 (CI 47000)

I like the stuff (never did a hot oil treatment, but I added it to my DCs)

It's discontinued though. I still see it once in a while in some stores.

NaturalEnigma

Its back in stores now. I use it with my Motions CPR and my ORS replenishing pack. I love it. It works best when added to a protein conditioner. I tried mixing it with my Honey Suckle Rose conditioner, but I didn't get the same results. It really moisturizes my hair. Usually when I use protein conditioners and rinse them out my hair is really hard, but when I mix them Aphogee essential oils I get lots of slip and my hair comes out soft. I've noticed my hair grows the most and the fastest when using it. When I told my sister about the oil she started to use it and she also experienced a lot of growth. For some reason it doesn't work at all when used alone, in fact using it alone made my hair heavy.

SleekyHair

I got this a few weeks ago. I've used it once to oil my scalp, but I haven't tried it on wet hair yet. I think I might start adding this to my Keratin 2 min conditioner.

LABETT

I get very good results when adding it to my relaxer,the hair is more smoother and moisturizied.

Chevelure618

I tried the oil recently because I love Aphogee products and the Oil is pretty good. I am a little leary of all the chemical type stuff in it though, but all in all it is VERY reasonably priced and absorbs nicely into the hair

czyfaith77

Is this the same as Aphoghee Essential Fatty Acid Oil. Aphoghee has been good at changing names and packaging and it has been hard for me to figure out what is what. I have the old bottle if it is. Abd I do like adding it to conditioners, using it on wet/damp hair sometimes, using it on my ends and lately using it to seal my ends after I use the balancing conditioner on them. I noticed the conditioner says to rinse but I kinda like it as a leave in (but only on my ends) and then sealing it with the oil. After trying various lines of products on my hair, recently I have noticed my hair really does well with Aphogee products. The treatment (every six weeks), the reconstructor, the balancing moisturizer and the oil. I haven't tried the shampoo (I am not the biggest fan of shampoo anyways.)