Anyone still use a curling iron??

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Went to my friends house the other day. She has hair that is MBL. I was asking what kind of rollers she use for her beautiful, bouncy curls, and she said she uses a curling iron a few times a month when she wants curls.

So my question is, anyone here still use a curling iron?:look:

When I was relaxed, I used the curling iron faithfully and caused myself to burn a chunk of my hair off! Now I only use my curling iron on my weave hair.

I do all the time, I don't even own a flat iron. I use the large 1 1/2" barrel, so instead of acutally curling my hair it straightens and adds tons of body all at the same time.

i do when my hair is straight if I want quick curls.
my curls last longer when I set on rollers overnight though.

Nope. Not anymore. My Chi flat iron is all I need. I can create cascading waves like Kim Kardashian's hair with it too.

I'm gonna try using mine this weekend. I can't rollerset to save my life:ohwell:

I have both a curling iron and flat-iron. I hardly used those forms of direct heat when I used heat to style (just used a blow-drier). When I wanted curls though, I used a curling iron because the curls were bigger due to the barrel size.

Same here @ Sylver:perplexed. I have to make sure I still know how to use the darn thing lol

Only if my hair is flatironed! These were curls from a flatiron then I used velcro rollers

AllwhiteDivadup021.jpg

Yes, I have a 2 inch Babyliss curling iron that I use if I flat iron. However, that is not often.

I do all the time, I don't even own a flat iron. I use the large 1 1/2" barrel, so instead of acutally curling my hair it straightens and adds tons of body all at the same time.

I had the same experience. I used a curling iron instead of a flat iron last time I straightened and was happy with the result. My hair did not get as straight but I was not going for the bone straight look. Also, it had a lot more body. My CHI does not have a temp control and I felt it was entirely too hot & damaging to my ends so I've packed it away for the year.

what about using heated rollers.i use to use those and they gave me quick curls, non damaging.

I actually have the heated rollers by Conair..I used them twice and both times was a major FAIL! I kept them in for awhile both times, and it was a ham both times:sad:

i cant seem to curl my hair with a heated device:sad: they just make my hair straighten or give it a light bump. i need to pincurl to get curls that last

I have about three curling irons! :blush: I don't really use them often though.

When I do curl I use a curling wand (it has no clamp). The point of this is rather than wrapping the hair from the ends you wrap the hair from the mid point of the curler and the iron touches the ends of the hair last. I think this is much better for the ends because it is the ends that really gets the brunt of the heat with traditional curling irons. The only issue with these though is you have to be careful not to burn your fingers (or you need to wear gloves)!

In any event, I think any curling irons are fine to use in moderation and with the proper preparation.

Bumping for more responses... I can use a curling iron much better than a flat iron... Anyone still using them?Do you think they are more damaging than flat irons?

Any curling iron recommendations?

I use it to straiten my natural hair. It works better than a flat iron for me and much faster.:yep: I no longer have to fight my hair to straiten anymore. I just lightly press my hair with it. I use low heat to make sure I don't have any damage. I use grape seed oil as a heat protect and after I'm done, I just bun it. My hair has never felt so soft and moisturized.

No. I'll flat iron my roots after rollersetting, but I don't use anymore heat than that. For quick curls, I use steam rollers.

Back