Anyone regret purchasing Sedu 1" Flat Iron?

yodie

I haven't purchased a flat iron yet!

I was all set to buy one last night on Folica.com (a Sedu of course) and as I'm reading some of the reviews, some of the ladies said their hair didn't like it or had to get used to it.

There are soooo many tourmaline flat irons out there. I had my mind all set on a Sedu, but wanted to ask you ladies first...

Anyone regret purchasing their Sedu?

yodie

Thanks ladies.

Think this seals the deal for me. Just can't afford to spend $100 on a flat iron and then hate it.

moni_kerr

At first I wish I had purchased a bigger size, but now that I learned how to curl with it it's worth the extra time =]

soooo...NO REGRETS!! I loveee it! It's probably the only iron that I have owned that DOESN'T create that smell of burning hair/products.

yodie

WOW ladies!! Okay, I guess this is the iron that I should get.

I purchased it, Yay!!!

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I am in a minority here but this flat iron did not work for me. I exchanged it for a Paul Brown Hawaii and I couldn't be happier!

Kimiche

Yodie,

I have no regrets either. I recently purchased the Sedu 1" and I used it for the first time today. :yay::love::trampolin:dance7::woot::clap: I am so pleased with the results. I've used the CHI and most recently the Solia and my hair felt and looked dry afterwards no matter what products I used. When I was finished flat ironing with the Sedu my hair was shiny and it had bounce. I used the same heat protectant as I did with CHI and Solia, Fantasia IC Serum. I would definitely recommend the Sedu flat iron. This is coming from someone who has almost tried them all.

yodie

Yodie,

I have no regrets either. I recently purchased the Sedu 1" and I used it for the first time today. :yay::love::trampolin:dance7::woot::clap: I am so pleased with the results. I've used the CHI and most recently the Solia and my hair felt and looked dry afterwards no matter what products I used. When I was finished flat ironing with the Sedu my hair was shiny and it had bounce. I used the same heat protectant as I did with CHI and Solia, Fantasia IC Serum. I would definitely recommend the Sedu flat iron. This is coming from someone who has almost tried them all.

Okay, this makes me feel great.

All of you ladies have made me feel great about my purchase.

I was considering getting a tourmaline flat iron, no specific brand, from Sally's, but the one that I brought last time, Jilbere titanium, well, the titanium is coming off and it kind of stuck to my hair the last time I used it.

That said, I wanted to invest in a good iron, because I plan to straighten my hair with the flat iron vs. the pressing comb.

can't wait to try it.

PinkAngel

Yodie,

That's my problem now, my hair feels so dry and crunchy after flat ironing.

You've really peeked my interest in a Sedu, have you tried Maxiglide as well? Thoughts?

SoAnxious12

i only tried my sedu once... i had to get used to the smaller size since i was so used to the maxiglide! But overall it took me about 2hrs to sorta get the hang of it... i used way too much heat protectant. Next time i use i will do much better... oh it is great for curling!

Kimiche

That's my problem now, my hair feels so dry and crunchy after flat ironing.

You've really peeked my interest in a Sedu, have you tried Maxiglide as well? Thoughts?

I have not tried the Maxiglide. I considered buying it at one point also, but I had already purchased the Solia from Folica.com. After the Solia didn't work out, I returned it and ordered the Sedu since I heard so many good things about it.

yodie

Wha didn't u like about the Solia?

I have not tried the Maxiglide. I considered buying it at one point also, but I had already purchased the Solia from Folica.com. After the Solia didn't work out, I returned it and ordered the Sedu since I heard so many good things about it.

Kimiche

Wha didn't u like about the Solia?

The Solia wasn't as bad as the CHI Turbo on my hair. The CHI made my hair feel extra dry and crunchy afterwards. I found that my hair was still a little dry after using the Solia. It seemed like it was getting my hair nice and straight while I was flat ironing, but by the time I was finished, my hair felt and looked dry as soon as I walked out of the room and the air hit it. I added some finishing touches products (oil, serum etc.), but it still looked dry. My mom even said that it looked dry and told me to put some moisturizer or something in it. She didn't know that I already added stuff.

Yesterday when I finished using the Sedu, I could tell the difference. My hair looked shiny and felt soft. I could actually run my fingers through my hair without feeling crunchiness. :grin:

candita

i just purchased my sedu a couple of weeks ago and I loves it. I'm five weeks post and usually my hair/new growth is a hot mess and my sedu got my hair under control. It isn't swingin' but it's not sticking up at attention! :lachen:

Tootuff

I regret purchasing mine but it may just be that I don't know what I'm doing. The only time I can get my hair straight is by rollersetting.