Anyone own a flat iron without temperature control?

Blessedhairgro

I just bought another FHI flat iron from folica.com. I got the fhi technique ceramic iron, it was on sale for $49.95 which is a sale for their irons. This is one of their original irons and doesn't have temperature control on it which I knew when I bought it, but I wanted a back up iron and I really love my fhi 207RVI which does have temp control (I use it on 370 degrees) and was more expensive. The fhi irons without temp control have a fixed temperature of 410 degrees. I haven't used it yet on my hair, just on my human hair ponytails:lol: which it did very well on. I'm thinking of using that one when I am 12 + weeks post relaxer.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a flatiron with no temperature options and if so how does it work for ya? I love this brand so I don't want to send it back I just need some input from my lhcf sistas :lol: . Thanks in advance.

hothair

My GHD doesn't have temperature control and its brilliant! It hardly gets too hot but if it does i unplug it for about a minute or two and then get back to it :grin:

ShaniKeys

I have one like that, it's my very first flat iron, I bought it ages ago, I'm thinkin' about selling it on Ebay.

HoneyDew

Blessedhairgro said:
I just bought another FHI flat iron from folica.com. I got the fhi technique ceramic iron, it was on sale for $49.95 which is a sale for their irons. This is one of their original irons and doesn't have temperature control on it which I knew when I bought it, but I wanted a back up iron and I really love my fhi 207RVI which does have temp control (I use it on 370 degrees) and was more expensive. The fhi irons without temp control have a fixed temperature of 410 degrees. I haven't used it yet on my hair, just on my human hair ponytails:lol: which it did very well on. I'm thinking of using that one when I am 12 + weeks post relaxer.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a flatiron with no temperature options and if so how does it work for ya? I love this brand so I don't want to send it back I just need some input from my lhcf sistas :lol: . Thanks in advance.

I used to own one but it got too hot for me. You may be able to make it better by using it as soon as you turn it on and turn it off to cool it down every now and then while you are using it.

Also, for anyone interested, these 207RVI is on sale for $69 here: http://www.frizzy2silky.com/shop/ceramic-flat-iron-207rvi-p-4213.html

AKA-Tude

I have one-

A Solano Blue Sapphire- 1 inch

just has a on/off switch, but I love it!!!

I want a 3/4 inch so that I can get to my roots better.

ohsosuzy

I also have two FHI flat irons, one with the temperature control and one without it. I had the one without the temperature control first, but I wanted a larger one and when I purchased it I got the one with the temperature control.

The one with out the temperature control works great, it just took me longer to do my hair since the plates are much smaller... and that you reminded me that I have it I may occasionally use it for my new growth as well since it is smaller.

You should be pretty happy with it. HTH

Allandra

I have a flat iron with a temperature control dial. It's a ION Anti-Frizz Ceramic Straightening Flat Iron 1 1/2 inch. I purchased it from Sally BSS. I really like it, and it works well. I've attached a picture of it.

Blessedhairgro

Thanks ladies! I love the FHI brand and I really don't want to get rid of the one without temp control I just want to know if anyone else who owned a flatiron with no temp control was burning their hair with it. Now that I'm 8 weeks post relaxer I've found that a little over 370 degrees on the flatiron with temp helps straighten out my roots better so on my next wash I'll use the flatiron without temp and post results.:)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thank you for this thread, Blessedhairgro! For about a month I've been wanting to get that 49 dollar flatiron, but that set temp had me on the fence. I think Imma get it next paycheck now :)

Guyaneek

I also have the Chi with no temp control. I love it but I wanna upgrade to the turbo eventually.

Blessedhairgro

Well I used my FHI technique (no temp) last night for the first time and boy does that thing get hot:eek: but it does straighten the new growth very well. I used it on my new growth only cause it's getting thick in there :lol: and my edges looked like someone pressed them they were lying so flat. It was great! I do understand why you might need to unplug it after using it for a while then re-plugging it in again, that's what I would have had to do if I did my whole head. But I decided this one will definately only be used when I am very far along in my relaxers, I'm hoping to be able to stretch longer too. I usually stretch 12-14 weeks, but who knows now.