Question about this flat iron

Queen_Earth

at the salon they use FHI with no heat setting...me personally I don't feel comfortable using an iron that I can't control the setting...the thing is though that always confused me with the preset irons is how does it straighten my 4b natural hair and also straighten relaxed hair without causing damage to either or? it seems it would take a lot more heat to straighten my hair than a relaxed head; so why the same temp? There may be a good reason for this though

ETA: I have heard really great things about the FHI

chebaby

my fhi and chi both have set temps and i havent had any damage or anything. i love my chi and use my fhi on my mom's hair once a week with no problem.

longhairlover

I flat iron once a week too and I guess it wouldnt be too bad on my hair ......???

I use the high temp on my jilbere flat iron, but I just really want a professional flat iron. I do hate that the heat setting is fixed, but since I use the highest heat setting now and my hair is fine with it maybe i'll try that flat iron,

thank you chebaby for mentioning that you use flat irons with set temps. If I get this flat iron I will just make sure to use it once a week and or stay away from my ends.

longhairlover

I'm 29 weeks post relaxer right now, so more heat doesn't seem to affect my hair right now, but when i'm freshly relaxed I can use lower temps, maybe i'll get this one and later on buy a flat iron with the fixed temps for when I do relax, I guess it's good to have options with flat irons.

at the salon they use FHI with no heat setting...me personally I don't feel comfortable using an iron that I can't control the setting...the thing is though that always confused me with the preset irons is how does it straighten my 4b natural hair and also straighten relaxed hair without causing damage to either or? it seems it would take a lot more heat to straighten my hair than a relaxed head; so why the same temp? There may be a good reason for this though

ETA: I have heard really great things about the FHI