Anyone on a cowash only regimen?

belletropjolie

I was hoping you all could critique my regimen.

I have recently gotten EXtremely hair lazyi and just can't be bothered with my hair.

I don't M&S daily like I used to and I don't oil my scalp either.

All I do is cowash pretty much everyday, shampoo maybe once a month and protein when I think I need it.

When I cowash I'll add some conditioner when its dry, oil my ends, bun 100% of the time and that's it.

I wanted to see if anyone has a similar regimen. I don't want to stagnate my growth but I also don't feel like devoting a whole lot of time.

Any tweaks I should make?

ChristmasCarol

Sounds like my regimen. I've been doing this for over a year. I don't DC. I don't moisturize or use oils. I don't use any fancy treatments.
I only co-wash 2 or 3 times each week, though.

I'm now about 99% sure that bunning is the key - not products...And I was a certified PJ for a couple years. It was fun, but completely unneccessary.

Retaining all my growth and have no issues, so I'll keep it up! :yep:

belletropjolie

Sounds like my regimen. I've been doing this for over a year. I don't DC. I don't moisturize or use oils. I don't use any fancy treatments.
I only co-wash 2 or 3 times each week, though.

I'm now about 99% sure that bunning is the key - not products...And I was a certified PJ for a couple years. It was fun, but completely unneccessary.

Retaining all my growth and have no issues, so I'll keep it up! :yep:

Thanks for your input sipp100. Your hair is very pretty and lush btw.

I haven't seen any negative effects thus far but I was a bit nervous since this I was being so lazy. Glad to hear its worked for you.

lovegymnasts

I cowash only (weekly); never use shampoo; I clarify monthly with baking soda/water mix
I've done this for over 4 years;
I agree with previous poster. Products are not the key; protective styling (ex/ bunning) is.
I only use inexpensive products and my hair thrives.

TheVioletVee

This is not my currrent regimen, but I long for the day that I can have something as simple as this. First I need to use up some products though.

I don't see anything wrong with it if your hair is still thriving. I think it would only work for me if I use quality products.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using LHCF

KPH

House Head
I basically co-wash but I do deep condition on dry hair (usually while bumbling around the house). I then apply Giovanni leave-in, seal with a little oil and wrap and wear some kind of messy pinup style. I am officially hair lazy. I even tossed out a lot of products during my end of year cleaning.

Marand13

This is very similar to what i do when i wear my hair out. Cowash daily, leave in conditioner and add some oil on top and then bun or ponytail baggy.
I love the simplicity of this regimen and the fact that it works makes it even better. :yep:

Angel of the North

This is not my currrent regimen, but I long for the day that I can have something as simple as this. First I need to use up some products though.

^^^ This, I had a regimen similar to this when I was young and my hair was in great shape I was also transitioning without knowing it, I just liked the waves of my natural texture so never bothered to relax. I would co-wash/shampoo/wet my hair every morning and apply hair grease/pink oil moisturizer, bun and go. I have plenty of products I need to use up and a few lines I would like to try before I simplify my regimen and reduce my products so, until then I want to enjoy using products for a while.

Last edited:

belletropjolie

I posted the below in the kpak thread but I'm posting her as well in case the pp can chime in - TIA:

I use the Moisture Recovery to cowash and just picked up the "KPAK reconstruct conditoner to repair damage"

Can anyone please confirm whether this is a true protein product? I need a protein to balance out the moisture in the moisture recovery.

Also can anyone confirm if the moisure recovery (NOT the Balm- the one I use in a 1 liter blue bottle) or the KPAK I described above cam act at DC's as well?

Vintagecoilylocks

There is a youtuber called interplanet rabbit. I beleive she only Co wash and then applys leave in, oil and gel and go daily. Her hair has thrived.

yuhlovevybz

I'm getting back to this, my hair thrived back when I did over the summer. I do it daily because second day hair is impossibly for me. Use whatever conditioner I cowash with as a leave in. As of now I'm gonna use up my dc, but I did an oil treatment overnight and liked it way better than deep conditioning. It's not really neccessary anyways if my hair is constantly moist,

Taina

I did that last summer. Co wash every day, finger comb and leave conditioner in, nothing more. My hair grew a lot. I'm planning to do this, but god now that my hair is a a bit longer it seems like just to much ...

For me conditioner is like the most important thing, i can clean, DC if add oil and honey, and also use it as leave in.