Penetraitt/Emergencee/Aphogee Combo?

Course24

Hi Girls,

I was wondering has anyone has tried this combo as a hair treatment? I tried this yesterday with great results. Let me elaborate:

1. I pre-pooed overnight with Silicon Mix on all around my edges, ends and crown area as this part seems to be extra dry and tangled.

2. I then washed that out with Revlon Porosity Control shampoo.

3. I mixed and applied 3 parts Emergencee,3 parts Penetraitt, 2 parts Aphogee.

4. I sat under the hard hat dryer for 45min-1 hour to dry.

5. Rinsed thoroughly, no poo washing, then applied Toque Emergencia and sat under heat cap for 1hr.

6. Rinsed out. It was rather tangled but that was my fault how I applied the proteins. You talkin' about smooth silky, my hair even stretched when tugged with out breaking, I haven't seen it do that in I don't know when. ooh wee, anyway, add a dallop of PM Supercharged as a leave-in and proceeded to blowdry and flat iron my hair. Then I added coconut oil and wrap it up in scarf for the night. When I took the scalf off, it was smooth, silky, and the coconut oil gave it a nice sheen & luster without weighing it down and looking greasy.

The reason I did this was my hair has experienced a lot of breaking mid way of my hair strands. I for the last 3 weeks have moisturuzed it to death with Humectress, Emergencia, etc. and when I comb it I still have small and medium length hairs in the sink, not to mention when its wet. After doing this, it was reduced without a doubt 50-70%. I'm gonna do this again next week and see if I can put this breakage to rest. Just my rant.....

Sounds good, seems like your hair like protein, just pay attention to your hair. Especially if you doing it again next week. Remember it easy to undo overmoisturize hair, but not as easy to undo over protein hair. I watch my hair buddy struggle with over protein hair and it wasn't a good sight to see. Just be careful. Besides that Im glad you was able to combat the breakage.

That's a good question o.0 I assumed it was 2 step.

Sorry Ladies for the confusion I meant 2 parts of the Aphogee 2 step (strictly intense protein formulas), although I didn't use the Balancing Moisturizer. My hair just laughs:lachen: at that stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions. BTW, I think I'm on to something. I'll do it once more this coming Weds. and lay off it for a month or so, depending on what my hair seems to be craving for :lick:. I'm just having the hardest time trying to pinpoint the problem exactly. Although I know my sleep habits & work are stressin', I find solace & relaxation in caring for my hair.

Thanks Princess for the tip on the protein overload. I may modify the portions on next weeks application. Also, I thought maybe I'd made my regimen too moisturizing-friendly and not enough protein to balance things out. So I hit the protein hard, took a chance and it seem to curb it somewhat.

Can someone help me on how to apply the proteins w/o packing my hair to top of my head getting it tangled after it dries and ready to wash out? Seems if I let hang it's all over my shirt, protein & hair are stuck to my neck to dry, should I put a clip on the hair, I thought they may get stuck too when it dry and won't be able to get that out when it dry either. Help

BTW, will post the round 2 results on this Thrs.

Last edited:
Back