Anyone else have problems with products that have alcohol?

avyance

I am noticing that my hair feels a little dry. I started noticing this when I use to use Motions foaming lotion. I traced it to the alcohol in it.

Well this weekend I used Nexxus and noticed that my hair felt a little dry. I looked at the conditioners that I used and they have alcohol in them.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, what products do you use?

MizaniMami

Some alcohols are drying (such as SD-40) but some are conditioning such as certreyl (sp).

Most conditioners that I have have the conditioning alcohols. I try to obstain from the drying ones. I am going to google to find and post more info for you.

morehairplease

MizaniMami said:
Some alcohols are drying (such as SD-40) but some are conditioning such as certreyl (sp).

Most conditioners that I have have the conditioning alcohols. I try to obstain from the drying ones. I am going to google to find and post more info for you.

thanks MizaniMami! Lately, I have been trying to use up my products, the one's with alcohol, and notice that my hair is extremely dry.

MizaniMami

Okay Here are some of the bad alcohols that you shoudl avoid:

SD-40, 40-B, 23, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, SD alcohol

Here are some of the good alcohols:
cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, octyl alcohol, aleyl alcohol, and hexyl alcohol

morehairplease

MizaniMami said:
Okay Here are some of the bad alcohols that you shoudl avoid:

SD-40, 40-B, 23, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, SD alcohol

Here are some of the good alcohols:
cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, octyl alcohol, aleyl alcohol, and hexyl alcohol

thanks MizaniMami. Go figures my products would have the bad alcohols....in the trash they go.