Anyone create a Monistat/Inversion routine?

AstroQueen77

I'm thinking about trying these growth aids at the same time. I've never tried any growth aid before. However, I have read that Monistat stops working after a period of time. I have also read that the inversion method should only be done a week out of every month or your scalp will get used to it.

Now, I just purchased some 4 % monistat and wild growth hair oil for this experiment. Would it be overkill to apply Monistat everyday for three weeks then let it rest with the inversion method? Any long term monistat users see a reduction in growth after two months? I want to try for three months and take before and after pictures.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I'm thinking about trying these growth aids at the same time. I've never tried any growth aid before. However, I have read that Monistat stops working after a period of time. I have also read that the inversion method should only be done a week out of every month or your scalp will get used to it.

Now, I just purchased some 4 % monistat and wild growth hair oil for this experiment. Would it be overkill to apply Monistat everyday for three weeks then let it rest with the inversion method? Any long term monistat users see a reduction in growth after two months? I want to try for three months and take before and after pictures.
AstroQueen77

I've never combined the two, but I'm willing. I've used MN in the past with success over a 2 month span. I've tried inversion only once because I keep forgetting to do it.

My routine will be alternating daily MN and mahabhringaj oil for 3 week then 1 week on inversion with mahabhringaj.

I'll TRY to post a before pic on my next wash day in about a week. But im bad about pics plus I keep snipping because I'm transitioning. I guess I can just measure my new growth.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Funny I was thinking about this. I restarted MN the other day. I didn't have success with inversion earlier this month, which was my first try. But I'm going to give it another shot on the first of this month.

HappyAtLast

HappyAtLast I'm going to start on the first too. I also wanted to add in this rinse that was posted on the Natural Living section a long time ago.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=300043&highlight=peach+kernal

So basically, I'm going to wash/condition once a week, rinse with the nettle/peach pit mixture, apply the Monistat every other day, and do the inversion method on the last week of the month with Wild Growth Hair Oil.

AstroQueen77

I started inversion today. I did 4 mins forward off the side of my bed.

I set my alarm calendar to days 1-7 of each month to remind me to do the inversion the first week of each month. I'll try to post a starting pic tonight or tmrow. Since I'm combining inversion with MN, I'll post another length pic in 30 days instead of 7. Happy growing!

Penelope74

That sounds REALLY good. I love wild grow anyway. I usually mix w/ JBCO,, I WAS sleep on it till I did my research and MY results were AWESOME,, it REALLY thickened up my NG. I LOVE IT. I can also attribute some of the thickness to my DRASTIC reduction of heat.
I started this HJ maybe 6 or so months ago,, and I'm excited to continue to learn my hair.
Ok,, back to original topic. How do you use the MN,, just squeeze it out the tube??
Let's come up with a regimen and do a little 3 or 6 month challenge.
I'm game if your game.

I'm relaxed
Various length,, consider MY length by my neck, which is NL. (I have SOO much trouble there)
I'm 9 weeks post relaxer,, stretching to 12.
And my hair goal is BSL.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131102_021530.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131102_021530.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 32
  • ForumRunner_20131102_011607.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131102_011607.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 33
  • ForumRunner_20131102_011630.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131102_011630.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 30

AstroQueen77

That sounds REALLY good. I love wild grow anyway. I usually mix w/ JBCO,, I WAS sleep on it till I did my research and MY results were AWESOME,, it REALLY thickened up my NG. I LOVE IT. I can also attribute some of the thickness to my DRASTIC reduction of heat.
I started this HJ maybe 6 or so months ago,, and I'm excited to continue to learn my hair.
Ok,, back to original topic. How do you use the MN,, just squeeze it out the tube??
Let's come up with a regimen and do a little 3 or 6 month challenge.
I'm game if your game.

I'm relaxed
Various length,, consider MY length by my neck, which is NL. (I have SOO much trouble there)
I'm 9 weeks post relaxer,, stretching to 12.
And my hair goal is BSL.

From past threads, it can be drying so some people like to mix it with something. However, I read that someone had pretty good results by apply 4 % monistat straight to the scalp everyday for a month. She said she got 2 inches in a month from that.

I want to do a three month chalenge on this as well.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest

I've done it and I swear it worked :)

HappyAtLast

I've done my inversion 3 days in a row now. I keep forgetting to oil my scalp beforehand though. So I'll try to do it tonight.

Since I'm transitioning (about 9 months post) and snipping little by little, I'm finding it difficult to capture a picture. I was around BSL, but I just trimmed about 1.5 inches. I guess if in 4-6 months I'm MBL or close to WL despite my tiny trims then I know it absolutely works!

I won't be trimming again until December likely.

Last edited: