Any texturized girls who can comb thru their hair

jerseyjill

without breakage? I know we cant get the same run thru like our relaxed sisters - but dang I literally have to comb in sections. I cant spray on Stay Sof Fro and do a comb thru!!! I lose so much hair from breakage and shedding.
And another thing my hair breaks and sheds like a dog when it is wet!!! And I dont use the comb when it is wet. I can spray my hair and try to finger style it and WALA!! hair all over the place!! Im soooooooooooo tired!!!

model_chick717

I never try to comb straight through my hair--unless it's wet and I'm rollersetting it. Other than that I either let the stream of water in the shower detangle because my hair gets pretty smooth, straight while SOAKING wet, or I use a wide toothed pick that I have and pick/comb through it with that if I'm wanting to comb through it. I don't receive much breakage, other than normal shedding, from that. Are you using a wide toothed comb?

jerseyjill

I most definetely use a wide tooth comb. But funny you mention your hair when it is wet. Mine just tangles something awful!!! I wash, condition and then put leavein. I cant even comb the leave in through , so I let it dry ( adding afro sheen) and then comb through - section by section from the tips to the roots. But I cant come out of the shower or with conditioner in it and run a comb through - HECK NAW - too much hair loss!! Maybe I need to retexturize - Im going to do an album so people can see.
But when I hear people say they use CON or humecto conditioner and it detangles - Im like " what?"

amy1234

I've noticed that I don't get any breakage during a combout after I do a strong protein treatment with nexxuss emergencee (followed with moisture of course)

Nanyanika

I used to get a lot of breakage and shedding combing through wet or dry using good detanglers, my hair was badly underprocessed and texturized with Fiberguard which had made my hair very dry. Since i corrected at least 70% with a relaxer Affirm original mild, i can comb through my hair with little or no breakage... I'm not telling to you retexturise though. Good luck!!

Tai

I never had a problem combing my hair, wet or dry. The only problem I had is that if I combed it dry, all the curls left and I just had frizz.

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
I most definetely use a wide tooth comb. But funny you mention your hair when it is wet. Mine just tangles something awful!!! I wash, condition and then put leavein. I cant even comb the leave in through , so I let it dry ( adding afro sheen) and then comb through - section by section from the tips to the roots. But I cant come out of the shower or with conditioner in it and run a comb through - HECK NAW - too much hair loss!! Maybe I need to retexturize - Im going to do an album so people can see.
But when I hear people say they use CON or humecto conditioner and it detangles - Im like " what?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Den1 said, it sounds like your hair may be underprocessed...

sengschick

The Bun Master
I don't comb through my hair unless it's completely wet AND conditioned. If for some strange reason I must, I do it w/oil and conditioner applied to the hair. Any shedding is normal.

Tracy

I don't comb it dry EVER if it's been airdried. And I comb when it's wet, with conditoner, and WITH the stream of water helping me detangle. I can't come oout of theh shower with conditioner on my wet hair and comb either. I have to be in the shower with running water. Once I do that, THEN I can apply leave and comb thru root to tip.\

But I may be more relaxed than texturized too.

jerseyjill

Yeah you girls are right, I might be underproceswsed. When I wet may hair, some parts get straight, others wavy and some stay frizzy.
How do I retexturize without ovr processing? Just slap it on, run it through ( manually) and leave on for less than 5 minutes? But there are several textures on my head so it still wont be even. I think I should go to a professional.

Thanks for the advice ladies.

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
I don't comb it dry EVER if it's been airdried. And I comb when it's wet, with conditoner, and WITH the stream of water helping me detangle. I can't come oout of theh shower with conditioner on my wet hair and comb either. I have to be in the shower with running water. Once I do that, THEN I can apply leave and comb thru root to tip.\

But I may be more relaxed than texturized too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracy, your hair does exactly how my hair is....I NEVER try to comb it dry--heck, I don't ever comb it unless I'm rollersetting it, to be honest... But if you look at my pics--I'm definitely not closer to relaxed and my hair is VERY smooth when soaking wet, though, so that makes it easy to style right out of the shower...then it grows(outward)....haha

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you girls are right, I might be underprocessed. When I wet may hair, some parts get straight, others wavy and some stay frizzy.
How do I retexturize without ovr processing? Just slap it on, run it through ( manually) and leave on for less than 5 minutes? But there are several textures on my head so it still wont be even. I think I should go to a professional.

Thanks for the advice ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strands tests are the key in corrective relaxers to avoid overprocessing and keeping the textures even. Curlycurly has some great advice on how to perform these maybe you could PM her or search for threads on this subject. i corrected 70% of my hair with a mild relaxer (Affirm) with the help of my sister and it turned out great, i didn't go to a professional stylist because they were the ones who ruined my hair, i have some near straight sections too, but i managed to even out my hair so the textures are not too indifferent. good luck whatever you decide to do /images/graemlins/wink.gif

DahomeyAhosi

I never comb my hair when it's wet....it's too weak then. My hair also tangles like crazy. I con wash with AO GPB and that helps sometimes but I usually just fingercomb.