Any NY'ers been to BILLIE JEANS????

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Any NY\'ers been to BILLIE JEANS????

I need to get my hair braided and weeding through the Africans on 125 is just too much for me. There are way too many and I don't have the time or money for trial and error. (Unless you wanna recommend a specific braider).

I've heard about BILLIE JEANS and seen it once. Is it always crowded? Bronx or Manhattan location? How are the prices for these styles:

or this:

H

HoneyRockette

Re: Any NY\'ers been to BILLIE JEANS????

I was just there today. It wasn't crowded when I went but I went early. I went to the Bronx location because I just happen to be in the BX today, (warning: the area is the heart of the ghetto!) The prices are right as far as I m concerned. My head isn't throbbing and I feel the quality of the braids far exceeds that of the step-in African salons. I got non-stop compliments from the time I left the salon and all I got was regular cornrows, medium size, a little passed my shoulder. I have to check out the Manhattan location because I don't know if I want to trek it out to that area again. Does anyone have the address and phone number?

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

How much did you pay for your style if you don't mind me asking and what do you think they'll charge for mine.

nfynit_812

I stay in Billy Jeans!!!!!

The one in Harlem is on Lenox Ave between 115th and 116th streets...their number is 212-828-7896.

If you want to go there on a weekend, get there early...like 6 or 7am...if you get there after 7am, the shop will be crowded like you wouldn't believe!!!! Trust, I always get my hair braided in there...and when I had my relaxer, I would get my flat twists done there too.

The first style, they may charge you $65-70 because it's long braids and two layers....the other styles, you would have to call and ask them.

Tracy

I've also gone to them occasionally for cornrows over the years (the Harlem location) and was very impressed with both the prices and the work. The women are used to being screamed at and cursed out by the hoodrats that are usually in there, so you won't have much trouble getting them to do what you want (not braid too tight etc.) if you ask nicely.

LivingDol1

yes i am bumping this old as heck thread... i did a google search and supposedly there is Billy Jeans II on 145th? has anyone been there?

LivingDol1

bumpiiiiingggg... or if anyone can recommend another good braid salon in harlem. billy jeans can't be the only one!

India*32

I had my hair braided last month from Billie Jeans. I flew in from VA to get my small box braids. All I can say is, I'm glad there still in business. It was worth the trip. My scalp did not bother me one bit, and I'm tendered headed. I love the business ethics, get in and out pay straight up and your braids are lovely. Lenox Ave 116th St. They've been around a long time and know the business. Try it.

India

Nayna

Unbothered
In the past, I've been to the bronx location and the 116th location and haven't had any problems with either. I was actually in and out of the bx one faster (I just don't like the location). I didn't know they opened one on 145th though.

Brit031586

Bump bump bump does anyone have any recent feedback regarding Billie jeans? I want to get long senagalese twist anyone kno prices and if they are still as good as they once were? TIA

Honey Bee

Bumping. My mother wants to go natural using braids but she has thinning hair and I'm scared for her edges. :nono: Maybe they can hook her up.