Any Fine/Thin haired ladies who have reached BSL and above

wantingtogrow

For those are thin or fine hair who have reached BSL and beyond. Can you post pics and relay how how deal or wear your hair. Have you learnt to like fine hair or result to wearing it in styles that dont emphasis the density of your hair.

tthreat08

I haven't reached brastrap quite yet....got one more inch to go but,

Kinikakes and Blackbarbie both have fine hair and are beyond brastrap.

Crystalicequeen123

I'm waiting for the answer too! Because I surely have fine hair. In fact, my hair is probably easily-relaxed hair. I may switch back to a mild relaxer. :yep:

I just don't want my hair to be thin, fly-away, and whispy looking when I DO reach my hair goals. Yet, I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing my hair down...you know?

MissLawyerLady

I'd like to know too. My hair is easily-relaxed or breaks down very easily when relaxed and I don't want wispy looking length either.

wantingtogrow

I'm waiting for the answer too! Because I surely have fine hair. In fact, my hair is probably easily-relaxed hair. I may switch back to a mild relaxer. :yep:

I just don't want my hair to be thin, fly-away, and whispy looking when I DO reach my hair goals. Yet, I want to be able to feel comfortable wearing my hair down...you know?

I testify to all this. I really would like to wear my hair down when I reached my hair goals.

Softresses

I have fine stranded hair but I have a lot of it. It ends up looking thicker because there is so much of it. I usually wear it up. I like experimenting with clips and hair accessories. I have only had heat in my hair once this entire year. My hair looks it's thickest when it has not been damaged with blowdryers and hot flat irons.

Heavy products are a no no for me. I use conditioners to wash with, and I do not use any grease, or greasy products. I stay away from cones unless I will be washing the next day.

There are good things about having fine stranded hair. When it is freshly washed and swingalicious, it will look great when you turn your head, or toss it a little, since it is lightweight it will have lots of bounce and movement.

There are several more ladies on here with fine hair. Hopefully you will get more responses.

Softresses

Last edited:

wantingtogrow

Thank you soft tresses. I think my hair is fine and also sparse do it doesnt tend to look full. I am really hoping it will look good when i reach my goal and attempt to wear it down. Right now all I can do is pray....

Softresses

Thank you soft tresses. I think my hair is fine and also sparse do it doesnt tend to look full. I am really hoping it will look good when i reach my goal and attempt to wear it down. Right now all I can do is pray....

You can do it!:yep: Just stay with it and have patience. Never rip through your hair with a comb out of frustration. Always do your hair when you have plenty of time so as not to rip through tangles. Use combs with no seams. Ditch the harsh brushes. Don't use any harsh products. Always make sure that your hair items are "hair friendly."

Are you natural or relaxed? If you are relaxed one thing to think about may be to ease up on processing time, and to start "texlaxing." insted of relaxing bone straight. It will help you keep body in your hair. Also you may want to do no heat. That will help your strands stay more healthy too. You would not believe the differences you will see with simply treating your hair right, as opposed to using a lot of different supplements and products.

The major thing I really love about henna is that it wll help to thicken up the strands of hair, it does not leave my hair hard like protein does. You may want to give it a try. There are thousands of posts on it.

HTH

Softresses

missvi

God is Good!!
For those are thin or fine hair who have reached BSL and beyond. Can you post pics and relay how how deal or wear your hair. Have you learnt to like fine hair or result to wearing it in styles that dont emphasis the density of your hair.

I wear my hair two ways down or curls .
I have very fine hair just a lot of it.
I got a bad relaxer this April and loss 30% of my hair.
I have a lot of short spots, but it’s growing back.
I just trimmed 2 inches .

kbody4

I have fine hair, and I noticed that I have to avoid heat at all cost. Now I will wear it down once in a blue moon, but not often. I agree with Softresses that fine hair has the swingability and not using heavy conditioners. I'm not BSL so hopefully next spring/summer I should be there.

MonaLisa

It's still so beautiful MissVi :notworthy :drool:
I may have to add you to my main list of admired heads...I need as many fine/thin haired hair idols as possible..:yep: Helps me keep the faith...

wantingtogrow

You can do it!:yep: Just stay with it and have patience. Never rip through your hair with a comb out of frustration. Always do your hair when you have plenty of time so as not to rip through tangles. Use combs with no seams. Ditch the harsh brushes. Don't use any harsh products. Always make sure that your hair items are "hair friendly."

Are you natural or relaxed? If you are relaxed one thing to think about may be to ease up on processing time, and to start "texlaxing." insted of relaxing bone straight. It will help you keep body in your hair. Also you may want to do no heat. That will help your strands stay more healthy too. You would not believe the differences you will see with simply treating your hair right, as opposed to using a lot of different supplements and products.

The major thing I really love about henna is that it wll help to thicken up the strands of hair, it does not leave my hair hard like protein does. You may want to give it a try. There are thousands of posts on it.

HTH

Softresses

Thank you so much for the support. I am relaxed but should really consider texlaxing. I only relax about 3 to 4 times a year because I am put my hair in protective styles for the majority of the time.
I try to ease up on the heat and only use heat every 2 months. I think my issue is because my hair is sparse and fine.
I will try the henna as well.

If does really well.

wantingtogrow

I have fine hair, and I noticed that I have to avoid heat at all cost. Now I will wear it down once in a blue moon, but not often. I agree with Softresses that fine hair has the swingability and not using heavy conditioners. I'm not BSL so hopefully next spring/summer I should be there.

Thanks kbody. I had a look at your hair and it's beautiful and it does give me hope. Thanks again

RubyWoo

:love: :love: Goodness, your hair is soo beautiful!

vevster

My hair is approaching bra strap but it is getting cut because it is over processed by my prev disingenous stylist.

Put previously my hair was very long and when healthly, I can wear it out.

trini_rican

I think sweetcashew's hair is fine too - she obviously has alot but I remember while I was lurking her fotki that she said she can't put heavy oils or conditioners in it because it weighs it down. She has a blog - do a search I think its regalbal.com

neonbright

I am not BSL as of yet, hopefully by the end of the year. Little product on the hair, deep conditioning, my hair like washing weekly, roller sets and the o so famous saran wrap. If you find a product that is working for you don't worry about changing it unless they change the formula.

LiLi

I have reached past BSL and have fine, resistant hair and not a lot of it (when it is relaxed). I got to this length by following the C&G method (but did not add extensions). Now, I am going to try bunning for the next 6 months to see if I gain any length. If not, I will go back to the C&G method for another 2 years. I have to treat my hair like fine silk. I am very patient and very gentle with it anytime I touch it. It is soooo worth it. :grin:

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if there are any othe takers out there :look:

If so what vits are you guys using? And what is your bigges recommendation to the rest of us?

Moroni

I haven't reached BSL yet, but I had this question as well. My hair is so fine/thin when it's freshly relaxed, that you can see through it when I wear it down. I think Missvi's rollerset look will be the best for me when I get to her length, though.

Wantingtogrow, I'm taking glyconutrients, biotin, vegetal silica, MSM, and an HSN vit. I'm starting a juice fast, after which I'll start training for a half-marathon. The physical activity usually sprouts my hair out like crazy, so I'll keep you updated.

missvi

God is Good!!
I haven't reached BSL yet, but I had this question as well. My hair is so fine/thin when it's freshly relaxed, that you can see through it when I wear it down. I think Missvi's rollerset look will be the best for me when I get to her length, though.

Wantingtogrow, I'm taking glyconutrients, biotin, vegetal silica, MSM, and an HSN vit. I'm starting a juice fast, after which I'll start training for a half-marathon. The physical activity usually sprouts my hair out like crazy, so I'll keep you updated.

You can do it now! I did it all the time when my hair was shorter.