Any Fine Haired Ladies get ZERO Breakage?

douglala

Do any of you guys get zero breakage when handling your hair? Is this possible for a fine haired individual?

Even at it strongest my strands are STILL fine. So I do get some broken strands when combing my hair. It’s not much – only a few strands – but it still bothers me.

Is it unrealistic to think that my fine strands will give me zero breakage :confused: ????

I dont hardly get any breakage. I think one thing is I am not using any combs with seams...But I dont think you cant completely stop breakage

leleepop said:
I dont hardly get any breakage. I think one thing is I am not using any combs with seams...But I dont think you cant completely stop breakage

Where can I find combs w/o seams. I notice they do tend to get stuck in the hair.

FlawedBeauty said:
Where can I find combs w/o seams. I notice they do tend to get stuck in the hair.
You can get Jibere combs at Sally's and you rattail ones from here.tenderheaded accessories.com

leleepop said:
You can get Jibere combs at Sally's and you rattail ones from here.tenderheaded accessories.com

Which Jilbere combs in Sally's are seamless? All my Jilbere combs have seems? :perplexed

How are the one from Tenderheaded? I've heard reviews that even though they are seemless they are sharp? :confused:

I hardly get any breakage anymore. Seemless combs, not brushing, and henna are my helpers. I am trimming away damage from my long bangs from a while back but there is no more breakage.

Softresses

Softresses said:
I hardly get any breakage anymore. Seemless combs, not brushing, and henna are my helpers. I am trimming away damage from my long bangs from a while back but there is no more breakage.

Softresses

Henna has helped tremendously and I hardly ever brush. I think the non seemless combs are my downfall.

Where do you get your seemless combs from?

I do get that occasional breakage, and it's very frustrating. That's why i try to minimize combing, in general.

KiniKakes said:
I do get that occasional breakage, and it's very frustrating. That's why i try to minimize combing, in general.

Thanks. I know I need to do this too but somethimes I just have the urge to run the comb through my hair...can't explain the urge though:lol:

douglala said:
Thanks. I know I need to do this too but somethimes I just have the urge to run the comb through my hair...can't explain the urge though:lol:

Yeah, i used to get that urge too when i first started only combing 1-2x per week, so i know how you feel. :lol:
But CURB it, missy! Curb that urge!!!:spank: Repeat after me: "I will not comb throughout the day. I will not comb throughout the day!"

:lachen:

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, i used to get that urge too when i first started only combing 1-2x per week, so i know how you feel. :lol:
But CURB it, missy! Curb that urge!!!:spank: Repeat after me: "I will not comb throughout the day. I will not comb throughout the day!"

Cosigning with Kini. I only comb on wash day....Also to the op I always thought my Jibere comb was seamless. I looks like it s dipped on the teeth correct me if i'm wrong.....also as a rule I try not to comb dry hair and if I do it is mosturized and I am VERY careful.hth

KiniKakes said:

"I will not comb throughout the day" :lol:

At least I know I am not the only one. I need to learn that the comb is my enemy!!!! I will put them all out of reach to help me break the habit.

Thanks!

leleepop said:
Cosigning with Kini. I only comb on wash day....Also to the op I always thought my Jibere comb was seamless. I looks like it s dipped on the teeth correct me if i'm wrong.....also as a rule I try not to comb dry hair and if I do it is mosturized and I am VERY careful.hth

Ok. So maybe just the very tip is seemless.

Hey douglala,

I ordered the bone combs from hairsense. They are a little expensive but worth it in the long run. They did take some getting use to though because they feel heavier and rougher at first...by rougher I mean the teeth feel kind of sharp, but at least I did get used to them and now love these combs. I got a large wide-tooth comb for detangling and everyday combing and a tiny rattail-type comb for wet setting.

However, I have extremely fine hair...it's a medium thickness...but extremely fine. It's the kind that wraps around the other hairs and pulls them out. When my hair is in great condition with a good amount of protein I get close to zero breakage on occasion, but since hair does have to shed and renew I don't know if zero breakage is possible at all times. I'm hoping henna gets me close to that though.;)

Lavendar said:
Hey douglala,

I ordered the bone combs from hairsense. They are a little expensive but worth it in the long run. They did take some getting use to though because they feel heavier and rougher at first...by rougher I mean the teeth feel kind of sharp, but at least I did get used to them and now love these combs. I got a large wide-tooth comb for detangling and everyday combing and a tiny rattail-type comb for wet setting.

However, I have extremely fine hair...it's a medium thickness...but extremely fine. It's the kind that wraps around the other hairs and pulls them out. When my hair is in great condition with a good amount of protein I get close to zero breakage on occasion, but since hair does have to shed and renew I don't know if zero breakage is possible at all times. I'm hoping henna gets me close to that though.;)

Hey!
Yeah I remember people complaining that the bone combs were sharp that's why I never ordered them in the past.

Sounds like your hair is similar to mine. Fine with medium thickness (when healthy). Henna has decreased my breakage tremendously but just not to zero yet. So I was wondering if this was possible at all. Thanks for you help!

I get very little breakage, especially because I comb my hair only on wash days as well and finger comb on the other days.

I don't think there is such a thing as ZERO breakage. I remember reading a thread here awhile back that asked that same question (Sistaslick made a great point on, because of all we do to our hair, it is not made of titanium, so therefore, we will have some breakage.) Fine haired or not, we're all going to have some degree of broken hairs that come out of our head, we just have to try to minimize the amount that comes out. :)

Bumping this thread b/c I am frustrated :(

I don't experience the tiny broken strands that OP described until it's styling time on wash day. Shampooing/conditioning, I'm cool, then it's styling time, or after I've dried the hair (rollersets) and it's a different story. Not a lot of strands at all, but I'm frustrated nonetheless.

Last edited:
Right now, I get a little bit of breakage. It's normal to have a tad daily. Are you transitioning as well?

currygyal said:
Right now, I get a little bit of breakage. It's normal to have a tad daily. Are you transitioning as well?

Who, me? No, not at the moment. I guess the "normal" breakage just bugs me right now. I want industrial-strength hair, gosh darnit! :lol:

With me one of the finest hair ladies on the site, I got alot of breakage and shedding before my touch-up and corrective this Saturday. Most of my breakage/shedding was during detangling, because of the mixture of textlax and relax hair. Once I was done drying and styling my hair I got very little shedding/breakage only because I used Ouchless Brush by Goody. And now, we had no problem detangling at all just two more spot to correct when I get my next touch up.

But girls I love the Ouchless Brush by Goody, it helps me alot, I want to comb my hair and finger combing my fine hair looks bad but the Ouchless Brush by Goody really works.

artemis_e. said:
Who, me? No, not at the moment. I guess the "normal" breakage just bugs me right now. I want industrial-strength hair, gosh darnit! :lol:

You and me both, although right now is alot better than what it was for me.
Being on LHCF, you're bound to get some tips to making your hair as strong as possible. :)

I have fine hair. I don't have breakage...but I do have shedding. I always have urges to comb my hair and I really don't always understand it. I saw those combs I really want to buy a bunch and throw away my combs I have now but I'm fighting the urge.

Very true. In fact, I'm gonna go do some research right now and see if I can figure out what else I can improve on in my regimen.

*steps out of thread with a glimmer of hope* :D

ETA: I went to Ulta this weekend and bought 2 microbial combs (total=$3) that look like the shower combs but bigger (like the one Macherieamor uses in her wrapping tutorial on her blog) and I don't get any breakage from them but when I sweep the floor at night, man oh man! Teeny tiny hairs that look like I just finished dusting my ends...It's annoying *sigh* but I know it could be wayyyy worse.

Last edited:
artemis_e. said:

I would love me INDUSTRIAL- STRENGTH HAIR!!!!!!

Back