Any 4a's sporting a curly look?

Leshia

Any 4a\'s sporting a curly look?

I'm wondering if anyone's got any specific product that they've found to allow them more curl and less frizz when air drying? There's the Got2b curling spray and things like that. Just wondering if any of it worked for 4a type hair? Someone? Anyone?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: Any 4a\'s sporting a curly look?

Check out these albums. There are some product rec's, too.

http://motowngrl.8m.net/hair.html

http://public.fotki.com/monicurl/

Karonica

I'm 4a, but I'm relaxed and wear that look all the time (like right now, lol). Are you asking naturals?

Nonie

Karonica
Uhmm... Ladies, do I have permission to smack her...please?

Nonie

Aww... thought you were being your funny self as usual. Y'know I love ya K.
I immediately assumed Leshia meant naturals but I could be wrong so thought you were taking the micky. Smack me back if you like.

Karonica

LOL! No problem.

I said that because if I remember correctly, Leshia posted pics of herself awhile back and she had relaxed hair.
I could be thinking of someone else, so Leshia, please clarify when you come back.

WaterMoccasin

Got@B curled up did NOTHING for me, just sat there and (at least) smelled good.

Curly Hair Solutions leave-in and curl keeper did EVERYTHING for me (curl definition, reduce frizz, in fact seemed to completely eliminate it, etc.). The products are from www.frizzoff.com.

I'll do a separate post about these products soon, and post some pics

Otherwise, before these, I would use gel

smooches

<font color="orange"> i use LUST as a leave-in plus the l'oreal anti-frizz serum then scrunch scrunch scrunch forever. i get more waves than curls but the style is cute. it works for a day or two (i spritz with water and use a bit more of the serum on the second day.) HTH </font>

soslychic

This is my primary look when I wear my hair down. I'm 4a. My hair is texturized. What I've been doing is simply putting on some john frieda dream curls and proclaim crystal ice gel and letting air dry. It turns out pretty well. But I'm planning on changing my regime to this:

CWC at night. Make sure to use a conditioner that reduces frizz like the conditioners from l'oreal or motions moisture plus with siliciones. Afterwards, spray on detangling conditioner and completely comb through tangles. Put on moisturizer/oil mixutre and let dry overnight in pinned up ponytail. Now in the morning all I have to do is spritz with water (or lavendar mist) and add my mousse (pantene defining), and I'm planning on trying bouncy creme to add to that. Then scrunch, flip head over for volume and scrunch there, flip back and let air dry. Since I only spritzed, my hair is damp at this point not soaking wet, so it dries before I leave the house. I havn't tried those last 2 products yet, but this is my regime. I know it sounds like alot but it dosn't take long at all, morning or night! I love it!

missykeyana

Yes, today in fact. Today I used Daily Defense Tender Apple in my conditioner wash. It reduces my frizz and helps the curls "pop". At the end of my shower, I turned off the water and shook my hair to get rid of the drippies and stretch out my hair a little bit. Then I carefully wrap a towel around my head to get rid of more water. (The optimum thing would be not to let a towel touch it to keep frizz away, but it's kinda cool outside). Then I apply Thermasilk Control and Condition Creme. I rub some on my fingertips and scrunch the curls in my crown from the roots. (They are the most stubborn to clump) Then I rub a litttle more over my palms and rub lightly over my hair. As my hair dries and shrinks, the curls pop a little more.

soulchild

-Conditioner wash - DD Tender Apple
-shake water out
(on damp hair)
-Leave-In - whatever you prefer, something liquidy
-Salon Selectives Loosely Defined

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
LOL! No problem.

I said that because if I remember correctly, Leshia posted pics of herself awhile back and she had relaxed hair.
I could be thinking of someone else, so Leshia, please clarify when you come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, ma'am, I am relaxed, well, underprocessed thanks to Motions Oil Moisturizing Relaxer, and want to know what takes the frizz out of our hair. I have been using the So Smooth Miracle Repair Treatment (LOVE it--no breakage) and then scrunching with Fantasic IC Hair Polisher and IF I do that just right, it's ON. But other than that "magic" that just needs to be there....nuthin'.

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:

Curly Hair Solutions leave-in and curl keeper did EVERYTHING for me (curl definition, reduce frizz, in fact seemed to completely eliminate it, etc.). The products are from www.frizzoff.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did EVERYTHING for you???? *eyes wide* I may have to check this out...EVERYTHING???? *just staring at you*

Leshia

thanks for all the input, ladies. I'm really starting to enjoy my versatility. Now, if only my hair were thicker, I could worry a lot less about the perfect scrunching and so forth. I think stretching out my relaxers will help tremendously with this--HOPEFULLY.

lunalight7

Try B5 for thickness, Leshia...thats what Im gonna do. Im 4a relaxed to and would like to do the curly thing w/out a braidout...

Karonica

I thought you were relaxed, Leshia.

As for frizz, I have no clue. I battle with this one as well. The only thing that helps a little is Smooth-n-Shine Polisher.

Robin41

Leshia, my hair is on the fine/thin side and scrunching really makes it look thicker.

This is what I do:

After shampoo/conditioner, I dry via the ponytail method, braiding the length of my ponytail. The next morning, it's still a little damp when I unbraid it but wavy from the braid. I spray in a little John Freda Dream Curls and scrunch with hair glossifier. Between the scrunching and the wave from the braid, it turns out very curly.

The next day, I spray in a little water and a little more of the JFDC and re-scrunch. It actually looks better the second day. After that, I have to re-shampoo and go through the whole routine again.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It did EVERYTHING for you???? *eyes wide* I may have to check this out...EVERYTHING???? *just staring at you*

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! I was surprised too, especially since I'm fully and nappily natural- nothing usually works for me like it does for those with looser curls.

You can check out the site at http://www.frizzoff.com/chc/hairgallery/
Most in the member gallery are natural, but there's a relaxed girl on there.
I don't know if it would work like you want it too, but for me, it worked much like the first girl you see!

Premierepearl08

I went to the Frizz-Off site and was interested in the product until I saw the prices! My hair is like the first girl's in the model gallery but Jonathan says that that look requires "a lot" of product. I'd love to try a tunnel cut and the product but it's a bit on the pricey side for me.

How much of the product do you use and what techniques do you use to get definition?

Leshia

Luna, I'm doing the B5 again right now and hoping for a miracle. The underprocessing and waiting out this relaxer has actually helped. It's not bone straight, but it is a bit thicker!

Robin, sounds like we like the same look. I do scrunch and SCRUNCH to get some thickness and use my s-curl and my hair polisher religiously. There's one thing to be said about trying to make it curly each day--there's no heat and plenty of moisture, so it just keeps on getting better. *smiles*

Bahama, the Frizz Off seems like an option in the running right now. You must have just sensed my PJ-ness...

Karonica, I think the only polisher I have not tried is the Smooth n' SHine. I do know that I will not be repurchasing the John Frieda Texture Correcting Serum, nor the Frizz Ease...Have you tried either of those?

WaterMoccasin

After I wash/condition, I used the leave-in conditioner (when hair still wet) which, by itself, defined etc. But then I add the Curl Keeper product which tops it off and brings out those ringlets!
Yes, they certainly are expensive- I only tried those two products over the summer (and a shampoo sample they sent free with the order and is also pretty good from what I can tell) and I was out of them by September.
I just re-ordered them last week because...well, I just want them handy in case I feel the urge to wear my hair out and in its nappturally curly glory!

By the way, to refresh the style the next day, I would re-activate the products by wetting my hair some (products are water-based) and adding a little more Curl keeper.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]

Karonica, I think the only polisher I have not tried is the Smooth n' SHine. I do know that I will not be repurchasing the John Frieda Texture Correcting Serum, nor the Frizz Ease...Have you tried either of those?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Sorry.

miss_brown

Thanks for the info on Curly Hair Solutions, BahamaMama. I think I'm going to order these products when I come out of cornrows next month. The Curl Keeper sound especially good.

Leshia, I wear my hair out and curly very often and I get the best ringlets after my conditioner only washes with Pantene Smooth and Sleek (this stuff really is a Godsend
). After the CO, I apply a little more SnS as a leave in plus a few sprays of Motions Nourish leave in and then some type of curl enhancer (Aveda's Be Curly is excellent, but a little expensive), then an oil to seal in the moisture and ward off the frizzies. This system works very well on my hair