Miss Jessies, Hair Rules, Kinky Curly Which one to choose?????

natural2008

Hey All,
I am wondering if any of you have ever used any of the Hair Rules line of Curl Whip and the Curl Cream? Below is the website. If you have what is your hair type, did you like the product and do you have pictures to post? I have used Miss Jessie, Kinky Curly and was not impressed by either.

http://www.hairrules.com/

Thank you all for your time in advance,
Natural2008

LadyKaypnyc

Hair Rules is the bomb! I bought some of their products last week, and I love em, go to the site, click on kinky, then click on the recommendations for Janine, I bought the Kinky Curlinig Cream and the Finishing cream...My hair did feel a little crunchy, but a good leave in solved that problem, I might even buy their leave in.

HTH

ETA: I don't have any pictures (I've only used it twice, and I was still experiement. Next time I will)

Nadege

I have used Kinky Curly, Miss Jessies, Hair Rules in that order.

Kinky Curly was horrible:sad:, for lack of a better phrase, it was yucky and did not do anything for my natural mostly 4B hair. It left a lot of small white flacks in my hair when it dried. I had to quickly re-shampoo my hair the next day; I could not go to work with all the white stuff in my hair.

I used Miss Jessie's buttercream to finger coil my hair overnight to create a coil-out that usually last 7 days. It was ok but not great; it left my hair very greasy to the touch. I like touching my hair thru out the day but with Miss Jessie's buttercream, I can't. The greasiness transfers to my hair which I find uncomfortable. Although it is greasy, I am more than likely to use it again if my new regiment fails (just using Shea butter and natural gel to finger coil then coil-out). Due to the greasiness, I order Hair Rules when I ran out. After hearing about "Hair Rules" and seeing the commercial online, I had high expectations. I expectated it will do what Miss Jessie's Buttercream does to my hair without the greasiness.

This past Sunday, I used Hair Rules for the first time. It was subpart. My hair did coil and I was able to do a coil-out which I will wash out tomorrow (meaning my coil-out will last only 3 days not my usual 7 days). It left a small of amount of white flakes in my hair after it dried out. I will not buy it again; it left my hair very dry and hard :sad:. The way it felt on my hair after is dried was about 95% opposite of Miss Jessie's buttercream. Miss Jessie's buttercream left my hair very greasy (softer) and Hair Rules left my hair very dry (harder).

But keep in mind, my hair is mostly 4B in the front (90%) and 4A in the back (10%). These products may have a different effect on your hair.

Last edited:

Kurlee

beautiful hair girl!
Hair Rules is the bomb! I bought some of their products last week, and I love em, go to the site, click on kinky, then click on the recommendations for Janine, I bought the Kinky Curlinig Cream and the Finishing cream...My hair did feel a little crunchy, but a good leave in solved that problem, I might even buy their leave in.

HTH

ETA: I don't have any pictures (I've only used it twice, and I was still experiement. Next time I will)

BrockStar

I love Kinky Curly...it just has to be used a certain way. the first time i used it it was :nono:...Then I made sure I used a good amount of leav in and it looked great...I think that's the trick. Try it again! and finger comb it through in sections:grin: