Another Rave for New Image Damage Free!!!

VALLEYGIRL

I know I posted about this product before but I had to post again. Last time I just used it on my ends and blow dried with a round brush and it came out pretty good. But Friday night I used it on my entire head after washing and conditioning then blow dried with the comb attachment. My hair came out so straight that I that I didn't have to flat iron the whole head of hair! This stuff is awesome. I used it in along with Wild Growth oil and I almost cant believe it.
The only reason I blow dried was because I didn't feel like waiting for my hair to air dry and then deal with dry tangles before flatironing. But this stuff cut my styling time in half.
When I flatironed I only had to use the iron on the 15 setting (as opposed to 25 the last time I used it) and I used the Dudley's creme Press. I only flat ironed the sections in the front and close to my roots that were a little wavy. The cream press is some good stuff as well. Left a nice shine and no greasy feel.
I then bumped my ends with a curling iron the next morning and I used the Soft Sheen satin Press and this was a little sticky and a little heavier that the Dudleys.
But I am happy with the way my hair turned out. Someone at work even called me Pocohantas yesterday!
This is the second time I have flat ironed my hair since I bought the flat iron so I am trying to be good about it and use as little heat as possible. I will deep condition when I wash my hair at the end of the week to combat any damage that may have occured. But like I mentioned before I get sooo bored with my hair it is so hard to stay away from heat styling sometimes whenI want a straight look. But this New Image leaves it soft and it doesn't have that brittle dry feel to it after blow drying. And the WGO helps a lot too I'm sure.
Well hopefully I won't get too hooked and become a regular blowdry addict b/c I know what it has done to my hair in the past
Valleygirl
PS I would love to post a pic but b/c of my recent slip up at work some of my co-workers still have the link and I had to shut down my album. I wil be opening a new album at a new location sometime soon...just don't know when.

sweetcocoa

Is this just for blowdrying? Also I'm sorry you had to close your album. Have you thought of making it password protected?

VALLEYGIRL

It is a heat protectant creamy leave in conditioner type of product. It says it can be used alone or with heat styling appliances. It says "Thermal Active Conditioning Styler" on the front of the bottle.
And I don't think you can password protect your albums on Yahoo? I will have to check

Valleygirl

SVT

posted by VALLEYGIRL:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
PS I would love to post a pic but b/c of my recent slip up at work some of my co-workers still have the link and I had to shut down my album. I wil be opening a new album at a new location sometime soon...just don't know when.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweetcocoa

Valleygirl, yes you can put a password on your album. Just go back to the top right-hand corner and click on 'edit settings'. It will ask you for your password, then you can go in and make your album 'private'. Oh, yea...where did you get the heat protectant? Thanks!

Lita

New Image sounds like a winner /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I must try it. How long does it last? &amp; How does it smell? Thanks. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

VALLEYGIRL

I got the heat protectant at Sally's. It was about $4.

Thanks Sweetcocoa, but I have several albums that are connected to that account. Work parties, baby showers and the password would allow everyone to view my entire account. It is not set up like Fotki is where you can have different passwords on different albums.
So eventually I will be moving my albums to that account.
I am trying to figure out how to post a pic directly on the board
I guess I still have to upload it to a server first.
Valleygirl

VALLEYGIRL

It smells very good too. I didn't want to write that in b/c then it sounded like I work for New Image! But it has a real nice smell. When you say how long does it last do you mean like hold a press or how long does the bottle last?
It is not a pressing cream so it doesn't seem to do anything to keep hair straight.Although it does really seem to aid in straightening your hair better. It is a light creamy leave in that kinda liquifies when you rub it in your palms. It contains Phytantriol which is a heat protectant and when combined with panthetheol and amino acids it heps your hair shaft absorb these two better. It also says it is humidity resistant but I can't say anything about that yet (hasn't been too humid in So Cal the last few days)
I really like this product so far and even gave a bottle to a co-worker who always blow dries her natural hair and she is hooked! She said she didn't need to go over it with the curling iron after like she normally does and she says she loves the feel of her hair, much softer and not nearly as brittle as it usually feels. She has used KMS Flat Out in the past but she says she likes this alot better b/c it also protects her hair.

I know I am a hair care product pusher!!!

Valleygirl

hairfanatic

Hi Valleygirl,

I am definately going to have to buy some of that and fast! I can really use some protection from the heat I used to press my hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Unfortunately, it has been discontinued--but I stocked up well before they did that

There are some other great heat protectant products on the market though.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
sephora said:
anyone else try this have comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
I use it when I get my hair flat ironed. I think it's a good heat protectant. It's been discontinued though.

Spagirl

I've been looking for this for awhile. Now that I know it's d/c I can move on.

Thanks for the 411, Supergirl.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Natural_Girl said:
what type of flat iron do you use to press your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this question was directed to me, but I use a Jilbere ceramic flat iron.