ANOTHER MSM AND BIOTIN QUESTION

Wolftrap

I know there are several threads on this but if you guys can bump one up that answers my questions then thanks but if not here is yet another.

MSM
I am currently taking GNC Ultra Nourishair which has 500mg of MSM. I want to know if this is enough or should I be taking more? Also what form gives the best results? Liquid, powder, pills. And what about the side affects that I have read about? Headaches and Acne
Is there a way around this? Should I be taking an additional amount?

Biotin
In the Ultra Nourishair there is 1200mcg of biotin. What is the difference between and mg and an mcg and how much of this should I be taking? Should I be taking an additional amount than what is in these pills?

myco

MSM has a detox affect so you need to assess your body's tolerance levels. If you take too much too soon, your body might start purging too quickly. But if you're taking it and are having no side affects (headaches, acne, nausea, I think someone had burping and gas) at your current level, you can increase your dosage. Just do so in measured steps so you keep track of any reactions. Make sure you drink lots of water to help flush your system.

I think Biotin is similar. Start low and move up. There are 1000 mcg in a MG. So 1200mcg = 1.2MG. A 5MG pill would have 5000mcg. A pill that's measured in mcg would allow you to fine tune your dosage levels since the increments are smaller. But if you're taking 5000mcg or higher, that's a lot of pills to swallow.

HTH