Another flat iron thread..... Solia vs. Sedu

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
After visiting folica.com and reading all kinds of reviews, I've narrowed down my flatiron choices to Sedu and Solia. I have a FHI and love it, does anyone know how these two compare to the FHI?

I read an old thread where a member had both and flatironed one side of her head with the Solia and the other side with Sedu. Her results were exactly the same. Has anyone else tried both the Sedu AND the Solia? Which is better?

TIA!

I have used and FHI, Solia and Sedu.

I do prefer the FHI mostly, but out of Solia and Sedu, I prefer the Solia.

I just hated the Sedu. I know so many ladies love it and will never use another, but it just did not work as well for my hair like FHI does. I sold mine on eBay.

The Solia is more like FHI except that the plates move in and out when you squeeze down. That I don't really like because some strands would get yanked sometimes. My Solia (I have the pink one) had to be returned because it stopped working. they replaced it and the new one, even though it had the same model number, was better. It did not snag my hair.

I still prefer the FHI over it, though.

So for me:

1. FHI
2. Solia
6. Sedu

Other ladies can offer their experiences, but I just did not care for the Sedu at all.

EDITED TO ADD:
Your babies are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep:

EDITED TO ADD:
Your babies are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yep:

Aw, thanks! :blush3:

I knew you'd be in here, HoneyDew! :lol: Thanks for the review! Well, I just cut Sedu off my list! why didn't you like it? Did it burn your hands?

Which model FHI do you have? The 207RVI?

I've only tried the Sedu and it's the only one I will ever own. I have not lost one strand using the Sedu. It just glides over my hair every time.

I've only tried the Sedu and it's the only one I will ever own. I have not lost one strand using the Sedu. It just glides over my hair every time.

Thanks! Have you ever burned your hands using it? I'm kind of torn because I like to push the plates together when I flatiron, but you can't do that with the Sedu. On the other hand, all of these rave reviews have me wanting to try it

Aw, thanks! :blush3:

I knew you'd be in here, HoneyDew! :lol: Thanks for the review! Well, I just cut Sedu off my list! why didn't you like it? Did it burn your hands?

Which model FHI do you have? The 207RVI?

It just did not get my hair sleek straight. I did not want to make it hotter just to get the same outcome as my FHI at a lower temp. Yes I do have the FHI 207RVI.

I do like my Solia though. I like the new one better. They improved it. I got mine from Folica, too.

I hated the Sedu. Maybe I was not using it right, but I know how to use a FHI and the using the Sedu in the same way, DID NOT IMPRESS ME!

I just purchased the Sedu last week. I love the results on a low temp setting for my texlaxed hair.

Just finished dd natural hair, so I had to use a higher heat setting, with that being said, It did burn my hands quite a bit as I pressed the plates together to get as close to the roots as possible.

Other than that this will probably be my last flat-iron purchase. Because it works great for me. Smooth results with only one pass thorough

Which Sedu were you thinking of getting?

I had this one in 1 inch: http://www.sedubeauty.com/sedu_flat_iron.html

I think I would have preferred the Sedu revolution though http://www.sedubeauty.com/sedu_revolution_flat_iron.html. It looks more like something that would work for me.

Oooh, that Sedu Revolution looks good!

The new Solia you have, is that the one called Solia 2008 or something like that? What makes it better than the original? Can you do curls and all that with it?

Oooh, that Sedu Revolution looks good!

The new Solia you have, is that the one called Solia 2008 or something like that? What makes it better than the original? Can you do curls and all that with it?

No it was just labeled regularly, I just knew it was better because they had replaced mine. It was just better all around. I think Solia improved it out of necessity and did not label it to reflect that. I mean mine stopped working after a few months and I did not even use it that much! But, the replacement one is great. I can curl and everything with it, just like the FHI.

The plates are different though. They move in as you squeeze down. Even the new generation FHIs do that. The 207rvi did not have that.

Back