An Ode to WEN

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
First let me say that I am 25 weeks post relaxer. I have a bad habbit of jumping on a bandwagon and ordering the product just to have second thoughts on it later when its too late. So I bought WEN Fig from QVC in Nov and never used it, it just sat with all the other products I collect under the sink. Well I finally decided to use it today and being that I am so far along into my stretch I figured this would be a true test to see if WEN can deliver the moisture that I need. Fingers were crossed that I wouldnt fall in love with this stuff cause of the price.

As I pumped 7 times I noticed that it was thick and I didnt expect that and as I applied it to my hair my fingers were just gliding through. I never understood the finger comb thing but I could actually use my fingers to comb through my hair. Each strand feels strong and full of moisture. I am sitting here with my hair in a pony and a scarf to air dry think darn I got to aplogize to every user of WEN I see why people are using this product.
Now I got to stop eating out so much so I can afford it!

yodie

WEN Fig is the best!! I'm hooked and doubt I'll buy another shampoo, unless they come up with something greater than WEN.

Welcome to the party.

AtlantaJJ

I have still managed to resist the WEN.....I wonder how long I can hold out? \

Actually I am on a personal use it up challenge, but its good to see yet another great testimony! I'm glad you like it!!

ShantWhite

If it's any consolation to your cash flow OP, Sally makes a knock-off called Hair One. It costs a lot less and it works great. I've never used WEN so I cannot compare, but I do use the Hair One Olive Oil with every wash :yep:

MarieB

I haven't used either, but I've heard great things about both, and I know that the Hair One is waaayy less expensive.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
If it's any consolation to your cash flow OP, Sally makes a knock-off called Hair One. It costs a lot less and it works great. I've never used WEN so I cannot compare, but I do use the Hair One Olive Oil with every wash :yep:

Yeah I heard about Hair One but I would have to order it cause I am out the country. I hate to be a snob but I am going to stick with WEN. I cant switch up now that I just started.

Transformer

I also purchased WEN and liked it. However I had to discontinue my usage of the product due to major shedding. I've traced the "MAJOR" shedding to the high content of glycerin in the product.

Upon initial use...my hair never felt baby...it was great. But 3-5 days later my hair would be like straw and I thought I had the beginnings of alopecia due to the number of shed hairs in the shower and comb. I continued using WEN (gonna make it work) for another month.

Finally my sister told me to face facts--you didn't have the degree of shedding before WEN and when you don't use it....no shedding--not exactly rocket science.

Alas, I had to say goodbye to WEN and anything with a high glycerin content.

Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Methlisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

Last edited: