AMLA OIL Users - Wet or Dry Hair?

Amla Oil (Wet or Dry Hair?)

• Total voters

Shaley

Hi All-

I know there are several threads about Amla Oil but I have a question about how you're specifically using it??

Alot of you say you use it as a prepoo or hot oil treatment or deep conditioner.

Are you using this on wet or dry hair??

Thanks!!

Shaley

eajaye2u said:
Voted for dry but i have done both with good results. This is the best stuff!

On dry hair, Do you prepoo or deep condition with it? or just use it as a sealant or hairdress?

Thanks

Brownsis

i prepoo on dry hair

I like that stuff too even though my favorite product for prepoo is shea butter

eajaye2u

Chardai said:
On dry hair, Do you prepoo or deep condition with it? or just use it as a sealant or hairdress?

Thanks
I always prepoo with it overnight- when i dc i add it to my dc conditioner. I wish i didnt hate the smell- then i would use it daily as hairdress. HTH

Missi

I learned how to use AMLA OIL from the Amla LHCF Diva (D. Lewis) and she uses regular Amla Oil on dry hair and sometimes after she shampoos: she'll deep condition w/ Ama lite on her wet hair:

I just do Dry cuz having various types of Amla Oil is gonna add to my pjism: and I wanna get rid of it:

LaNecia

I've been loving Amla for a while now, I prefer it on wet hair though it works well on dry too. I never use it as a prepoo though.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[SIZE=+1] I use it on dry hair. I just pre-pooed with Amla powder mixed with the oil yesterday. My hair is so soft and strong. I alternate each week with Amla one week and Vatika the next.[/SIZE]

Mortons

I like it one wet hair as a hot oil treatment. I have tried it on dry hair, it was ok. But I didnt get the bling like when I used it on wet hair.

Tee

I have done it both ways with no problems. I just prefer it on dry hair as a prepoo.

bravenewgirl87

It gives the ultimate sheen and leaves your hair soft and strong when dry...
But it does give the slippiest hair when wet. I'm going to go with wet. Amazing sealant when used on wet hair and give some an ultimately smooth look on wraps, curls, rollersets, crimps, etc.

Shaley

Thanks for the replies ladies! I saw that majority responded with "dry hair" so I pre-pooed with it on dry hair this morning.... I saturated my hair with it, put on a shower cap, and sat under the dryer for about 25 minutes.

I then shampooed and deep conditioned with ORS Mayo and Vatika Oil under the dryer for 20 minutes.

Rinsed out, applied lacio lacio with a little vatika on the ends and rollerset my hair......

OH MY GOODNESS!! :clap: My hair has never looked so healthy!! (Well, maybe it has, and I'm just being a little to exagerative :smirk: ) But it feels so full and healthy and looks shiny & bouncy!
My friend even commented and asked what did I do cause she's going to try it next weekend....

Anyways, thanks again ladies for the replies... This is definitely my new regimen for now :grin:

Brownie518

bravenewgirl87 said:
It gives the ultimate sheen and leaves your hair soft and strong when dry...
But it does give the slippiest hair when wet. I'm going to go with wet. Amazing sealant when used on wet hair and give some an ultimately smooth look on wraps, curls, rollersets, crimps, etc.

I have been using it as a prepoo on dry hair for a while now. Last week I started using it on wet hair while deep conditioning, as well. The results are unbelievable! I can't believe how smooth and straight my hair dries. Hopefully the condition of my hair will improve if I keep up with it. I am going to do it again tonight, in about 2 hours.

NeeSee

I voted dry hair. I got mine today and tried it for the first time. It honestly seems as if I did a protein treatment. It also seems as if my conditioner took better.

For those who have been using this how much do you use? I am heavy handed and I am scared of applying to much.

kyla

Thanks LHCF ladies I goy my oil today and all I can say is WOW... The results were smooth, strong hair. I am TEX'd and have not had a relaxer in 10 weeks, it look like I just had a relaxer. I am sooo excited. Thanks so much ladies... :dance7:

tsiporah

gloomgeisha said:
Are there any naturals using this? I can't remember if this oil is heavy or light.

I use it, Feels good in the hair and my hair is oooh soooo soft. It detangles the hair too. I like to mix the Amla with the Jasmine oil now(Dabur brands). I apply wet but I do touch it up when it is dry...talk about soft hair!! I have been banding the last 3-4 inches of my hair to help keep them somewhat smooth. I have a problem when they grow out and they seem to act real puffy. The amla helps with this. I am also a henna head so I do feel the action of henna on smoothcuticled hair strands. As well as sheen.:yep:

luvmesumhair

:wave: Hey guys

Question. Which ones are you guys using? The regular Amla or Amla Lite when you are treating before pooing? I tried the regular Amla with ojon restorative treatment as a prepoo and I noticed that my hair was a little hard. But after deep con with UBH Con and adding a rinse to soften it I notice my hair to feel different...a little stronger even. Afterwards I used a little Amla Lite to the ends and ran it through. It feels different. A little stronger...I think:look:

I am going to keep using them.

Angelicus

I just use it as a pretreatment on dry hair for 30-60 minutes before washing my hair. I just can't sleep with that stinky stuff in my hair anymore. More power to you all that do it. I will not be purchasing it again, no matter how well it keeps my hair soft... Oh, and the same thing for Shikaikai oil.

Aggie

I mostly use it as a pre-poo and as a massage oil on my scalp and I use it on dry hair too.

Aggie

is it to be put on the hair, the scalp or both?
I prefer to use it on my scalp because I feel that that's where it works best howevere I have pre-pooed my scalp and hair with it over night. Some people seal their hair moisturizer in with amla oil as well.