AM I the only one????

shetara20

I know most of the women on LHCF have long term goals of having anything up to having waist length hair but my hair goals are quite simple.

* I just want it to be healthy
* Im fine with just having either SL or APL

The point is, my hair has never been this healthy, long or well taken care of as it is right now and thats something im proud of. I just wanna be able to put my hair in a ponytail thats actually more than an inch long!LOL! I know ill get there some day but having those two lengths would be considered long hair for ME!!!!:yep: And im cool with that!!!! Ima continue until I get to a solid goal os SL and do an update on how I feel about having "longer hair"

DOes anyone feel that they are cutting themselves "short" with hair goals or having with having SL or APL?????

ChelzBoo

nope ur not alone:nono:i completely understand how u feel, i feel the same. im a little past apl and would love to have mbl hair but im just thankful that my hair is healthy and still on my head. i do have long term goals but i dont want to miss out on my hair now being worried about the future. this is the longest my hair has ever been and honestly, i just want to enjoy it.:rolleyes:

BostonMaria

I don't really have a goal either. I know what I want, but I guess since this being natural is all new to me I have no idea what my hair will or won't do as far as length.

I am APL and this is the longest I've ever had it since 1981. I am just enjoying the length and getting to know my hair better. I definitely want MBL and maybe even waist length. I guess I should write down my goals and make sure I achieve them.

BeautifulFlower

:grin:Nope! Your not alone. I have a WSL goal but I am in love with my hair now. Its 2 inches from BSL and thats amazing. My hair has never been this long...ever. I am super excited. Its healthy and soft and managable. I will get to WSL soon but in the mean while I count my blessings. And if my hair didnt grow another inch I'd still be happy I got this far. :grin:

nomoweavesfome

No- I initially said i wanted waist length hair, but the truth is I don't grow my hair effortlessly, and there is a lot of work with growing and maintaining for me. In my siggy, it shows where my satisfaction lies if I never achieved anything longer and I would be ok with that.

blkbeauty

I feel like India Arie, I am not my hair. However, maintaining healthy hair is of an importance to me and this is my ultimate goal.

When I first started this hair board I was transitioning and did a major BC two months later to become natural. For years my hair stayed at the same length. My desire was healthy hair, but if I had to choose a length it was shoulder length. Because when I was relaxed my hair was above shoulder length and even for a few years of being natural my hair was still not reaching shoulder length, my desire to be shoulder length was just that a desire that I thought I would not acheive. Infact, I didn't even understand some of the concepts of women wanting "hair to the floor" when I was just trying to get hair to sweep my shoulders

For reasons I cannot explain I have been retaining length in the past year and now I am a couple of inches from APL. So soon I will be changing my hair length goal to BSL. I woud be happy to reach that length, but have no problems with my current length.

Neverthless, I think as the hair grows and knowing that you can actually achieve longer lengths sends motivation to have longer hair goals.

poookie

no, OP, you're not alone at all! i'm a few inches past shoulder, but my LONG TERM and FINAL goal is to have thick, blunt-cut APL hair.

truth be told, i'm sure i'll die from excitement if my nape ever grows to full shoulder length. at that point, i'm sure the shock coma i'll be in will prevent me from posting anymore. :grin:

paradise79

:hiya: , I feel you OP, and the others ladies too. Like pookie my final and long-termgoal is full with blunt cut ends APL. That's all cause I'm not even sure I can handle longer hair. I never ever had so healthy hair before discouvering lhcf. so from where I was at the beginning back in Dec 07 till today, Glory be to God I'm already celebrating. I'm enjoying healthy hair and I can do some updos I like.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Nope. All I want is healthy, full APL hair. And if it grows longer, then that's a plus in my book.

BSL would be a dream, but I'm not really chasing it. If it gets there, it gets there.

Most styles that I like require APL+ hair.

Last edited:

~*Tigget*~

You sound like me....those are my thoughts too.

I just want healthy hair, w/ at least SL. But I was looking at my hair last night after I relaxed it and it is so thin compared to a lot of ppl in my family.

I am 4b, and the only time my hair really thickens up is when I wear braids, so I no its possible. I just don't know how to maintain the thickness....if that makes sense. As far as a pony tail....NEVA HAD ONE...so only time will tell on this one, w/ proper care of course. I never cared for my hair like I am now, since learning about LHCF and researching all these tips. At times I feel overloading w/ info, but I retain as much as I can. I have wasted a lot of money and time, but I just take it as part of the long journey til I get to that destination....whatever that is, SL, APL, WL

mrshicks2002

Nope I also understand how you feel. My goal has always been healthy BSL hair with nice ends. The longer my hair has been getting and healthy, I have been looking at APL being my goal, but I want Full, healthy, APL hair with nice ends and I am good with that:yep:. If it does get any longer than thats cool, but anything beyond BSL I am cutting.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have short term goals as well... I want healthy, natural hair. my short term goal is reach shoulder length hair by December 2008. Then I will contemplate bc'ing or to keep growing with the two textures.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I guess your not alone huh? Anyhow my goal is APL... Right now its a little past my shoulder and I don't do anything with it now... I could never imagine have too much hair...I'm already lazy as is.

elained313

My goal is APL and I will be happy with that! BSL would be added value but give my APL and keeping that nice a healthy is ok with me. :grin:

RegaLady

Please don't beat me up, but I never liked long hair on ME!:perplexed I am a short hair girl through and through!:yep: So healthy, shiny, jet black, with side bangs SL hair is all I need. If I get any longer, than fine. But more than likely I would cut it to SL or to bob length. I am extatic with this goal!:yep::spinning:

SilkyandSmooth

You are most certainly not alone. BSL is fine with me. I'm not interested in anything longer than that. I just got a trim last Sunday and the stylist took off a decent amount but I love it! My hair is even and looks fuller. Parts of my hair were touching my bra strap too. It's whatever. :grin: