Am I making progress? (pics included)

Summer_Rain

Am I making any progress? I just started taking care of my "real" hair after a 9month transition turned stretch. I relaxed in mid september (first pic) second picture is mid october....last picture is this evening, after my henna treatment. (thanks to the LHCF peer pressure committee, i could no longer wait, I had to jump on the bandwagon). I'd like to hit full shoulder length by the end of January and MY eyes see progress, but it could be wishful thinking on my end... :perplexed

Aveena

I see progress.... sometimes we are too close to see it ourselve but you definately look like you gained length and fullness.

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
You are indeed making progress! The third pic shows definite increased density and fullness plus your hair is much closer to your shoulders all around. Good job! Keep doing what you're doing sis!

Summer_Rain

I'll be glad when I get to the lengths where I can actually wear one of the hair chart shirts & measure my progress in inches!! But I gotta take it one step at a time. I'm at 7 weeks post now, and this would generally the time we're I'd get insane shedding & breakage and resort to cutting it off but I feel so confident that it won't happen this time around. I really feel like I could go another 7 weeks...

I've been so reluctant to even look at these pictures because I didn't want to be disappointed if I hadn't made any progress. But perhaps SL by January 31 is really possible for me.

Thank you ladies!

KiniKakes

Oh my goodness, there is definitely progress!!!! Your hair looks way thicker and healthier in that last pic, and you have also gained at least 1" (maybe 1.5"?) since September. Whatever you are doing..... KEEP DOING IT!!!! I dont see why you shouldnt be at shoulder length by the end January, at this rate. That gives you 3 full months of growth.

YAYYYY!!!!! @ ure decision to use Henna! Next time i see u on IM you know im going to pick ure brain for all the details. I think i may wanna join you guys too!!! :grin:

Catina72

:yep: Yep, that is definately progress. You hair is looking so much thicker and healthier in the last pic. Keep up the great work, shoulder length will soon come.:grin:

rdm

You have made progress. In the 1st picture, you can see the back of your neck. In the third picture, you cant see any part of your neck. You are definitely on the fast track to shoulder length.

shunta

Yes, you have definitely made progress.

OT- I love your siggy pic with the pink dess. You look very pretty.:)

KiniKakes

Also, your ends look significantly better in Picture 3 than Picture 2. Did you dust/trim, or is it just good ole' TLC that has thickened up those strands?

Summer_Rain

KiniKakes said:
Also, your ends look significantly better in Picture 3 than Picture 2. Did you dust/trim, or is it just good ole' TLC that has thickened up those strands?

Girl I'm swearing of scissors until forever! I can't say whats worked and what hasn't.

I don't want to overstate the wonders of henna, considering that I'm seven weeks post and the thickness could be from that, but each picture was taken immediately following my wash - and my hair has never had an immediate "full" look like that after washing. The middle picture was only 3 weeks ago.

could it be the......*horsetail* ?? *gasp* :eek: :sekret:
I dunno maybe its the nioxin or the flax or the GHN HSN or the fish oil or the weekly washes&condish with Mane n Tail or the evoo/coconut oil that i love to massage into my roots...who knows...while I can see a wee bit, I don't want to get all hyped up just yet until i've made more progress

ak46

Your hair has definitely made progress. It looks a lot thicker and healthier in the last pic.

KiniKakes

SummerRain said:
Girl I'm swearing of scissors until forever! I can't say whats worked and what hasn't.

Good girl! ;)

Cuz i remember at one point you were a hair cutting fool!!! :lol: I remember you'd just be appearing with bomb, short bob cuts and we'd be like, "Hey, thats cute, when did you get that done?!!" And you'd be all casual like, "Oh, last night... i just got bored and decided to give myself a cut!" :p That was just last November in Bahamas when i remember that conversation!

Summer_Rain

KiniKakes said:
Good girl! ;)

Cuz i remember at one point you were a hair cutting fool!!! :lol: I remember you'd just be appearing with bomb, short bob cuts and we'd be like, "Hey, thats cute, when did you get that done?!!" And you'd be all casual like, "Oh, last night... i just got bored and decided to give myself a cut!" :p That was just last November in Bahamas when i remember that conversation!

lmao. i still have the pictures from my home-made short bob. too bad i didnt have the presence of mind to take a picture of the back to add it to my "then & now". WOW, that was like a year ago today damn near