Alternative for BBD Stretch

lmjenk67

I spoke with a friend who lives in Ypsilanti (where BBD is located) and she asked her stylist about the product. She said you can mix Humectress and Keraphix together and it works just as well. She also said her stylist use to work with Big D and she has seen him mix other leading products together in order to come up with his. :eek: Could it be that the Stretch is simply the Keraphix/Humectree mixture:confused:

This may explain why the ingredients are not listed on the container.

Instead of spending $45, I think I will purchase the Keraphix (already have Humectress) and make my own reconstructor!

kitten73

I use just about all of the Nexxus products and I love the Kerahix and Humectress. I use them together on my 8 year old and I use the Emergencee on me every 2 weeks and the Keraphix and Humectress on myself in between and my hair is growing like crazy. I need to post pics. I cut off all my hair last April, I mean shaved down in the back, I had a style sort of like Kelis' new look. I am now able to wear it in a flip and I have enough to pull into a baby ponytail. I can't say anything bad about Keraphix or Humectress. I get all my stuff off ebay at great prices. I never tried BBD but I hear his stuff is good. Too pricey for me though.

balisi

lmjenk67 said:
I spoke with a friend who lives in Ypsilanti (where BBD is located) and she asked her stylist about the product. She said you can mix Humectress and Keraphix together and it works just as well. She also said her stylist use to work with Big D and she has seen him mix other leading products together in order to come up with his. :eek: Could it be that the Stretch is simply the Keraphix/Humectree mixture:confused:

This may explain why the ingredients are not listed on the container.
Instead of spending $45, I think I will purchase the Keraphix (already have Humectress) and make my own reconstructor!
This is my one major issue with his products. :( Seems pretty shady to me.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hmmmm, that's very interesting. That would also be a good mix of protein and moisture. I'm so glad I didn't let the reviews suck that $45 smack a roo's out of me, I'll also be doing my own mix. I wonder if it's a 50/50 mix. Thanks.

so1913

Having used the mentioned Nexxus products, and the BBD Stretch, I do not feel Stretch is a mixture of the two...not saying that the mix will not work as well though.

LiqueXX

so1913 said:
Having used the mentioned Nexxus products, and the BBD Stretch, I do not feel Stretch is a mixture of the two...not saying that the mix will not work as well though.

I would have to agree.

I have used both Nexxus products and BBD Stretch. Stretch can be used as a deep conditioner and leave-in (wet or dry hair), Keraphix is not suppose to be used this way. Humectress can be used as a leave-in (wet or dry hair) and people do use it in this way but it is not a reconstructor.

On another note, I was not happy about the ingredients not being listed on Stretch but I took it as BBD not wanting others to steal his idea.

MsCounsel

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Hmmmm, that's very interesting. That would also be a good mix of protein and moisture. I'm so glad I didn't let the reviews suck that $45 smack a roo's out of me, I'll also be doing my own mix. I wonder if it's a 50/50 mix. Thanks.

I'm with you. I want to know what's in a product and a little history about the company. Especially at $35-45 a jar. I know the reputation of NEXXUS and so I definitely feel more confident about using these products.

LABETT

LiqueXX said:
I would have to agree.

I have used both Nexxus products and BBD Stretch. Stretch can be used as a deep conditioner and leave-in (wet or dry hair), Keraphix is not suppose to be used this way. Humectress can be used as a leave-in (wet or dry hair) and people do use it in this way but it is not a reconstructor.

On another note, I was not happy about the ingredients not being listed on Stretch but I took it as BBD not wanting others to steal his idea.

I agree BBD Stretch Creme is in a class of it's own.
I have use Nexxus in the past and it does not even compare to BBD products.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well there are conditioner/leave-ins that containg protein, like MNT. I think if there is a right mixture of moisture and protein for "Your hair" it shouldn't harm it, but just like everyone can't use MNT as a conditioner or leav-in because of the high protein, the same would probably go if you add too much Keraphix. *just a thought*

so1913

LABETT said:
I agree BBD Stretch Creme is in a class of it's own.
I have use Nexxus in the past and it does not even compare to BBD products.

I hear that! Plus, I know it's made to be used as directed (even if I don't know whats in it, lol)...I'd be a little nervous about trying to mix products together of the nature of keraphix to use it in a way it wasn't intended.

Ladies, just be careful with your mixing.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I tried and didn't find anything harmful about it, keraphix was never too much protein for me, very moisturizing in my opinion. So to mix the humectress (very moisturizing for "MY Hair") along w/the keraphix was a thumbx up. Keraphix is very very light protein for "My Hair". I only used it as a DC not as a leave-in.
msshic said:
Bumping.......Just wondering if anyone tried this combo, what were your results?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
As a User & Lover of all 3 products, IA with the others: Stretch is something altogether 'different'.:look:

Will admit, it's a very interesting concept. For those of you that will try the mix, keep us posted.:yep:

CA*Nappy

I tried the mix and loved it! It was a great conditioner mix after clarifying with Surge Power Wash shampoo.