ALOPECIA AREATA

DreamLife

BUMP, I have a family member with this and SLE (Systematic Lupus Erythematosus) and she doesn't know what to do anymore...

I've never heard of alopecia being associated with Lupus. I'll have to find out more about that.

It can. At least it does for me. That is how I found out that I have lupus when the dermatologist did a biopsy of one of my bald spots back in '97.
Back then, I had a series of cortizone shots in those areas and was told that my hair probably won't grow back. Well, it did. :grin:
However, I have two new spots :wallbash: and the hair is growing back in one spot, but it is still getting a bit bigger.
Stress is a big cause of it. For me, they itch like crazy at times :spinning: That is also how I know I am going thru a flare.

LivingDoll

It can. At least it does for me. That is how I found out that I have lupus when the dermatologist did a biopsy of one of my bald spots back in '97.
Back then, I had a series of cortizone shots in those areas and was told that my hair probably won't grow back. Well, it did. :grin:
However, I have two new spots :wallbash: and the hair is growing back in one spot, but it is still getting a bit bigger.
Stress is a big cause of it. For me, they itch like crazy at times :spinning: That is also how I know I am going thru a flare.

After I posted that, I did some research and found out that Alopecia is one of the symptoms of Lupus. I'll continue to pray for you and all of my sisters who are struggling through this. God bless.