Aloe Vera Gel made your hair hard?

summerof1990

The aloe gel from lily of the dessert made my hair hard and it strands stuck together like bubble gum stuck in my hair =0

Have u experienced this with aloe vera gel hair hardness? And what can i get to get my hair strands from sticking together? A good shampoo? It's stuck together. The juice works fine though.

faithVA

Your hair may not like AVG. That sometimes happens. But to wash it out you don't need anything special. Whatever shampoo you usually use will do.

I can see your hair being hard. Can't imagine it sticking together. It really isn't thick enough to do much. Just shampoo and condition your hair and you should be fine.

kupenda

Happens to me too. I keep trying though lol. Just put a little on a small section of new growth. Curious to see if this works.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

summerof1990

Happens to me too. I keep trying though lol. Just put a little on a small section of new growth. Curious to see if this works.

lol THANK YOU. i'm glad im not the only one. i'm just going to put it on my edges hopefully THATS SAFE.

WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET IT YOUR HAIRSTRANDS UN STUCK ?

kupenda

Lol I'm hopeful. I use aloe vera gel. It's a thick liquid. But I drink it.

summerof1990

That happens to me when I use that brand of aloe vera gel. Just shampoo and your strands will be back to normal.

i tried to untangle and ended up ripping my hair out.i have some in the back but i didnt touch it. i only did it because the stuck strands were my side swoop bangs were. i'll shampoo.lol:lol:

summerof1990

Aloe vera contains protein properties so this may have caused the hardness.

i've heard. and i've read somewhere that it DOES have protein BUT its not enough to make your hair go into overload...well its enough to cause my hair to join together smh

LushLox

i've heard. and i've read somewhere that it DOES have protein BUT its not enough to make your hair go into overload...well its enough to cause my hair to join together smh

I have used conditioners with AV it does make my hair very hard indeed, I have to use a good moisture treatment afterwards.

Bublin

Yes, makes my hair hard too. When i put it on my face, my face feels like it's going to crack but it really halps with scaring so i add a teeny tiny amount of Jojoba Oil and it fine. I do the same when applying to my hair, add a bit of oil and it's fine.

Krystle~Hime

yes aloe can be like that, juste don't use it pure, but better in a homemade moisturizer like mixing it with water and honey, or doing a pomade like sheabutter + aloe vera, or a great prepoo by mixing it with your favorite oil !
(http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=509482 this thread is awesome)
I used to by it pure, for head to toe, but now that I mix it, my skin and hair is feeling so great !!!!!!!!!!!!

ms.blue

I have been using the same brand of aloe vera gel for my twist-outs. I read about the hardness that is associated w/ this gel so I make sure I spray hair w/ water, apply my moisturizer, seal w/ an oil, then apply the gel and proceed to twist my hair. For good measure lightly spray my hair w/ water after I twist. When my hair is dry, I have defined but soft twist out.

kupenda

Oops!! Sorry for not getting back to you. I just rinsed it out with water. I'm not a big fan of shampoo. Last night I cowashed with a protein, moisturized, and after letting the hair air dry I put aloe vera with a lil rosemary eo on my new growth. It still feels soft. I think it has to be used in conjunction with other things and in small amounts in order for it to work for me

InBloom

In my new-growth
I find that my hair dislikes aloe vera also.

I had high hopes.

I find that even conditioners that contain aloe vera gel/juice makes my hair all hard and ick feeling.

I'm relaxed and its definitely a no-no! :perplexed

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Can accept aloe vera is small amounts if it's formulated within a product and not too high on the list. No can do with straight av. I have low porosity hair and it just doesn't work.