Almost 2 months since I joined LHCF and this is what I have to show for it!!!!

13StepsAhead

Almost 2 months since I joined LHCF and this is what I have to show for it!!!!(pics)

And I must say money well spent:grin:

Startig pic 12/25/09 (when I 1st joined LHCF)

Almost 2-month update (2/21/10)..... I'm participating in the 2010 Bootcamp challenge and using half-wigs for my PS.

Wet hair stretched

Right side

Left side

NG at 31 weeks ( I keep my hair in 4 braids daily while rocking my half-wig)

So, do you ladies think I will be able to at least graze APL by July??? And can someone please help me figure out what my hair type is???

Thank you ladies for all of your help!!!!

ETA: NG (1st pic- b-4 the chop, 2nd/3rd pic- after i chopped and added conditioner)

Last edited:

me-T

you should be all the way apl by july!
as for your texture, can't really tell 'cause it looks like it's bein tugged by the braids. but i'll say....4a? 4a/3c?

cocoagirl

You should be pretty darn close to apl by then, hopefully I will be right there with you! What is your reggie as you stretch (i know ur wig'n it but what else has helped with your stretch?)and what products are you using daily for moisture?

13StepsAhead

You should be pretty darn close to apl by then, hopefully I will be right there with you! What is your reggie as you stretch (i know ur wig'n it but what else has helped with your stretch?)and what products are you using daily for moisture?

I'm still trying to figure out what works for my hair, but co-washing at least 2xs a week has really saved me (my hair loves water); I use Organix(Coconut milk, Shea butter, or grapefruit mango butter and they give me great slip). I try to shampoo and DC with Giovanni Smooth as Silk or 50:50 at least every other week, but its a task because I haven't completely found a shampoo that agrees w/ both the relaxed and natural hairs ( I honestly think my hair does not like shampoo). Baggying at least 2x a week with Mizani Coconut souffle or Elasta QP mango butter and I seal with a blend of EVCO*, Jojoba oil, and Avocado oil (this has helped my hair retain moisture and has almost completely stop breakage):grin:. Lastly, I air dry after every wash and I haven't used heat since 12/23/09. This is a big deal for me because I would get a blow out every week to straighten my NG :nono: Ohh yeah, my Denman brush and wide tooth comb are my saviors for detangling during my wash.

ETA: I may use a special DC mix to co-wash; I mix Nexxus Humectress, garlic extract, and coconut oil and place saran wrap over my head and let sit over night. This is definitely a staple it makes my hair so soft and it has helped with the breakage.

Last edited:

13StepsAhead

Granny has beautiful hair! She is an inspiration, indeed.

I know, she amazes me with her hair; she cuts her hair to about NL every summer and gets back to this length by the following year. She never uses heat or chemicals on her hair; she washes her hair, uses EVOO to moisturize, and keeps her hair in one braid all year. Just Amazing IMO.

H4irHappy

I need to take notes like you have, I've been lurking way longer. You seem to have a great regimen going on with your hair, congrats and happy hair growing.

Hair2Here

Between now and July, you should get anywhere between 2.5 and 3.0 inches. I would measure the difference from where you are now and where you want to be and see how many inches you have to go. You have a lot of ng. During the Summer, hair tends to grow a bit more. Hopefully, you will get apl by July. Good Luck!

Tickin4Gold

Great progress. :) I think your hair type is 4a. From the pics u posted, it reminds me of my hair. Perhaps the other ladies could chime in.

13StepsAhead

Thank you all ladies! :yep: I could not have done it without all of great advice and inspirational stories on LHCF. When I look at progress pics after 3 yrs of LHCF, I think of all the wasted time and money I spent at the hairdresser getting misinformed about my hair:naughty:. I'm looking forward to many years of everlasting health and growth.:cup:

taj

Your progress is great!! You're doing an excellent job. I can't wait to see how much you've retained by the end of the year!!:grin:

13StepsAhead

I decided to chop a small section of my hair to see the length of my hair if I were to BC today. I'm not so good a taking hair pictures, but if someone is able to determine my hair type that would be great. TIA

*OP updated

13StepsAhead

OH yeah, I don't plan* on doing the BC (my head is way too big for that);however, when I am 1 year post I will begin to trim away my ends every 2-3 months until it is all gone.

*This is only a plan and it is highly possible that I may deviate from it once I see how much NG I have at 12-18 months post